The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 09:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Dull, dull, DULL...

It is entirely possible to be interestingly dressed, and STILL not 'outshine the Bride'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Was hoping for more color today..Kate wore color and didn't detract from the Bride.

LaRae
I really liked Meghan's junior navy ensemble and the hat was quite delightful. Needless to say, she kept her splash of colour to her clutch which was quite an on-trend colour duo in itself. And yes navy is a colour which I think Meghan really rocks.

I am waiting to see her step off the plane in Australia to see Spring colours of some kind.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hoping for color on the tour!

LaRae

Old 10-12-2018, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
How is wearing another color ‘not her style’? She’s worn colors other than navy and black before.

Also, I wasn’t someone who cared about her being from Hollywood or whatever else you stated in that first paragraph so idk. I actually like Meghan just commenting on what she’s wearing today which I think would’ve been better in another, warmer fall color.
She doesn't do a lot of colors. She's always been up front about likely neutral colors. Which is why I find it funny people coming in here looking for colors. And I wasn't talking about you specifically, but a general trend I noticed.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
She had/wore British business today as well...but I forget none of that counts.

LaRae
Not sure I understand what you were trying hard to communicate.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
She doesn't do a lot of colors. She's always been up front about likely neutral colors. Which is why I find it funny people coming in here looking for colors. And I wasn't talking about you specifically, but a general trend I noticed.

Probably because some people would like her to wear more color anyway, despite her preference for neutrals. CP Victoria clearly likes her hair up- doesnít stop people from wishing it was down....

Navy isnít neutral though. Itís just dark.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Not sure I understand what you were trying hard to communicate.
Not sure how much more clear I need to be. She was wearing British designs too, not just Givenchy. You keep ignoring that fact and I've pointed this out to you at least 2 or 3 other times when you have complained about her wearing 'foreign' designers etc.

LaRae
Old 10-12-2018, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Probably because some people would like her to wear more color anyway, despite her preference for neutrals. CP Victoria clearly likes her hair up- doesnít stop people from wishing it was down....

Navy isnít neutral though. Itís just dark.
Navy is a neutral color.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Nobility

I think this is a smart choice----the lineup on that row was raspberry, navy, emerald green on the royal ladies and this is a piece that will serve her well in the future on outdoor engagements---it didn't catch the wind, is a versatile length, and will work well with a future pregnancy. If it fades her into the woodwork right now...so much the better. Only five months ago she was a high-profile glamorous bride in exactly the same venue as she found herself today. I give her props and look forward to how she uses this piece and accessorizes it in the future.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

BTW, I haven't caught everyone's clothes yet, but it seems every female member of the BRF, except for Kate, was in either green or blue (navy) today? I've noticed some form of color coordination at other events too (Queen's birthday concert etc.). Are they actually coordinating or is this some kind of weird coincidence?
Old 10-12-2018, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Gloucester wore a bright red outfit today. Catherine's cerise is a blue based color, so it will work with the various blues and blue based greens IMHO. I believe that if we are fortunate enough to see a very large extended family photo, that we'll see many of the colors found in the bridesmaids' sashes and the page boys' cummerbunds.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Not sure how much more clear I need to be. She was wearing British designs too, not just Givenchy. You keep ignoring that fact and I've pointed this out to you at least 2 or 3 other times when you have complained about her wearing 'foreign' designers etc.

LaRae
Her ensemble was largely Givenchy. When I last checked, that was French.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Her ensemble was largely Givenchy. When I last checked, that was French.

Her ensemble was French and Brit both.

LaRae
Old 10-12-2018, 12:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Navy is a neutral color.

Itís a shade of blue. Not neutral to me. Black, white, tan, gray are more neutral.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:05 PM
Majesty

Does anyone know why Meghan is wearing a stack of rings on her fingers. Looks quite bizarre to me.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
It’s a shade of blue. Not neutral to me. Black, white, tan, gray are more neutral.
Navy is considered a neutral color, especially when it's on the darker side. Blue is not, but navy is.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Does anyone know why Meghan is wearing a stack of rings on her fingers. Looks quite bizarre to me.
She might like it?

Meghan wearing autum colour (as well as Sophie). Thumps up.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I noticed they are only on her right hand and its not unusual to wear two or more rings on that hand if the rest of your accessories are pared back. Since she flew so under the radar in navy and simple earrings maybe this was a little stealth bling. Just guessing of course. I really like the floral ring on her right index finger---it softens the look for me.
Once again....just guessing since I don't live in Meghan's closet. Really, I don't---I live in Kate's
Old 10-12-2018, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Cause she likes them? She always stacks jewelry. These are just thicker.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:39 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2018 -

Quote:
Navy is considered a neutral color, especially when it's on the darker side. Blue is not, but navy is.

I guess I see navy as more neutralish, if thatís even a term. lol But not as straight up neutral as white, black, tan, gray. I guess because Iím pickier about what Iíd wear with navy.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy

I seldom post, but as I looked at all the guests arriving for the service, I noticed many ladies were wearing very dark colors. Only the Queen and Duchess Katherine had on a colored dress. Even Beatrice’s dress was dark. I wondered, since there were ‘rules’ that went out to the guests on what not to do, men’s clothing, etc., perhaps the suggestion went out for ladies to wear darker colors so the only the bride stood out in her white dress. Other celebrity brides asked their female guests to wear black so only the bride wore white as the bride wanted to stand out...so maybe that suggestion was here also.

I loved Duchess Meghan’s dress and coat combination. She did not want to out shine the bride nor wear something that would bring attention to herself by wearing a funky color or hat. She knew it was a special day for Eugenie. Some ladies wore dresses while others did wear coats, as Duchess Meghan did. It appeared that it was cooler weather, windy for sure. Again with Duchess Meghan wearing dark blue, I wondered if that was a brides request.

Closed Thread