The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the style of Meghan's dress but not the color. I was fine with it when I thought it was navy and white. Then I found out what looked like white on my screen was actually pale pink and there were other colors involved. I generally don't care for color blocking particularly when there are more than two colors but that is just my taste. I don't care for her hat just because it looks too much like the horrors that are usually attached to Kate's head.

Meghan Markle suffered a wardrobe malfunction as she joined Prince Harry at the wedding of his close friend on her 37th birthday today.
Duchess of Sussex flashes her black lace bra while arriving at Prince Harry's close friend's wedding | Daily Mail Online

Thank you for the link to the article Spheno. The fact that the pictures show that after the ceremony her blouse is buttoned and you can't see the bra tells me this was indeed a wardrobe malfunction and not intended. Sloppy, really sloppy and a big fashion fail for another wedding. She really needs to step up her game.

I thought it too dark till I saw the outfit below.... quite beautiful and original!
I too thought that too, but after the wedding in the sun it was easy to see that what I had thought was black, was in fact blue. However, her hair is so dark that I would have loved her to pick green or pink for the hat and clutch.

It's a little sad that she had a slight wardrobe malfunction, but at least we did not see any bared breast or cheek so I'll give her a pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not feeling the dress. Like the accessories though.

Thank you for the link to the article Spheno. The fact that the pictures show that after the ceremony her blouse is buttoned and you can't see the bra tells me this was indeed a wardrobe malfunction and not intended. Sloppy, really sloppy and a big fashion fail for another wedding. She really needs to step up her game.

Key here is "not intended" so not sure why its getting so much attention. It is a slip of lace that she apparently noticed and fixed.

Happens every day, but I am sure some will see it as a further tally in the "con" column against Meghan.

(..) The world is not going to end because of an opened button! At least she noticed and fixed it! It would be another matter completely if she left it opened!

That being said, while I like the dress, bag and shoes, I don't like the belt and hat. I thought that the belt was too wide and heavy for the dress. The hat was too sombre for a wedding. I am thinking that the hat will be recycled for Remembrance Day service.

Key here is "not intended" so not sure why its getting so much attention. It is a slip of lace that she apparently noticed and fixed.

Happens every day, but I am sure some will see it as a further tally in the "con" column against Meghan.

Flashing her bra at a society wedding, absolutely it goes in the 'con' column, why shouldn't it? She's royal now, right? It doesn't 'happen every day' to royals. People right here have been so much more unforgiving for the wardrobe malfunctions of other royals, but we're not supposed to call out Meghan? Please.

She looked amazing today and so happy!! Her bow shoes are to die for! In picture 3 in post #836, I want to know about those pink shoes the woman walking beside Meghan is wearing. Those look so pretty.

Last edited:
OK now the dress might be growing more on me. I already liked it but in a different light it looks like the 4 colors MIGHT work well together.

Flashing her bra at a society wedding, absolutely it goes in the 'con' column, why shouldn't it? She's royal now, right? It doesn't 'happen every day' to royals. People right here have been so much more unforgiving for the wardrobe malfunctions of other royals, but we're not supposed to call out Meghan? Please.

Oh, how scandalous that she flashed top of a camisole. :lol:

OK now the dress might be growing more on me. I already liked it but in a different light it looks like the 4 colors MIGHT work well together.

I actually have no issues with the dress. I don't like the hat, or at least not with this dress. We've been so spoiled with full hats. I only want full hats from now on. :lol:

(..) And Ima call her out every single time she shows up looking like a sloppy mess.

:previous:
Don't you think that it just could of been a lose button that came undone? I do not think this was done on purpose here for what reason would that accomplish? I have had a button come undone a few times in life and one time at a very fancy restaurant and the waiter told me about it......very embarrassing to say the least.....so I think since Meghan fixed it quickly that it was just a mishap and nothing more to get overly upset over. We all, even royals make mistakes in life and we are all human even royals....nobody is ever perfect all the time regardless of how much help they have or not.....

Strong language, disrespectful comments and the recurring discussion about the fans and haters and the fashion discussion itself have been removed. Please exchange your views in a civilized manner and stay on topic of this thread - thank you!

Well this wasn't a wow look or one of my favorites on the duchess but I thought she still looked lovely. I actually like the addition of the belt since the dress itself is a little meh on its own.

The fuss over her camisole/bra peeking through is rather predictable and that's all I'll say about that.

Maybe it was at first meant to be seen (it looks after all more like a camisole with a bit of lace) but when she learned from other guests (who probably polite and helpful told her about her "misfunction", so she could fix it) she really fixed it to appear according to the etiquette.

What if? She fixed it. Why is this so bothering to some people? Royals are humans and I have yet to hear that she employs a lady's maid or a dresser.

(..) And Ima call her out every single time she shows up looking like a sloppy mess.

I have known some women in my life who were always absolutely immaculate. Still they like me, though I'm such a messy dresser I need full concentration when my clothes should even look hálf as good as theirs. Am still called out occasionally. So I am definately not one to believe people have misgiving swhen others call them out about little faux pas. Still, from the receiving end, it is still not a nice situation. So I am glad Meghan does not read these forums. At least I hope so.

Maybe we should imagine Meghan in a situation of transition from private citizen to Royal Duchess. At the moment she is on step One: Adaptation to her surroundings.

The next step will be evolution and finally she'll become The Duchess of Sussex. Can't wait to see that.

Schadenfreude frequently comes into play when well- known people have wardrobe problems.

Royals wardrobe malfunction sometimes happens, doesn't it? We have seen it a couple of times from the other royal and I don't see people keep fussing about them at least in here:whistling:.

I'm not the only one here who thought her appearance yesterday was a failure, the bra showing (and yes it's a bra) was just a small part of it. If it was the only thing wrong with her appearance I would have been more inclined to give her a pass, but the whole look was off, way off. As usual imo. Like I said previously, she needs to step up her game.

I just love how over dramatic some people are getting over the wardrobe malfunction. Last time I checked royals are human. Crap happens! She fixed it. Life went on. It didn’t ruin the brides day! I wasn’t in love with the dress, but I couldn’t get over how happy Meghan. Especially with what she’s been through lately!

She may be royal now but she's first and foremost human. I think all of us could sit here and relate our own "ooops" and "wardrobe malfunctions" especially those that are around my age and have had longer on the planet to have them happen. :D

Its not a breach of protocol. Its not the scandal of the month. Its not the dark ages or Victorian times. Its making a mountain out of a molehill of being able to see an article of clothing some still call "unmentionables".

Its not even something to call Meghan out about.

Things to set your clock by...the predictable nature of commentary in this thread and that Meghan's dress predictably sold out. I guess someone liked it. ?

My 1st instinct was that the dress was too dark for the occasion because the navy photographed as black and most of the pre-ceremony pics were from the waist up. Seeing the full dress in pics where H&M are leaving changed my mind. I'm usually not a fan of thin pleats but I really like the way the skirt moves. The color blocking adds interest and really did make the whole look for me. Plus, I actually think Meghan was trying to coordinate with Harry's darker usher uniform. Totally occasion appropriate and she and Harry look fabulous in the shots of them together. Honestly my favorite part of the outfit were the sunglasses. I covet them.

To Chloep's point re: context for all the messy hair comments, if you listen closely you can hear the dog whistle in the silence. :whistling:

Last edited:
She wears such dark colors for summer. I miss that elegant yellow sheath she wore to the Commonwealth youth reception. Her heels for this wedding are darling though.

To Chloep's point re: context for all the messy hair comments, if you listen closely you can hear the dog whistle in the silence. :whistling:

So I see we’re back to the ‘dog whistle’. We can’t talk about Meghan’s hair because she’s special.

Meghan’s the only royal who has a built in get out of jail free card.

The only thing I can say is, Meghan is in for a long hard road as a royal in Britain, if this is the defence that’s put up anytime she’s criticised.

She wasn't the only royal to whom that happened at that wedding; just check pictures of princess Eugenie. I haven't seen people making a fuss about it yet... So, it seems Meghan is under more scrutiny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom