The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Chloep, we have a diffence of opinion. My first thought was disheveled when I saw the first picture. Looked thrown together for me that’s all

I don't think she was having a wardrobe malfunction. I think she put on a camisole underneath knowing the dress is cut low in various places. And no, it's not inappropriate.

Also, those camisoles with the built in shelf bra are soooo much more comfortable to wear. I love them.

I've always been taught that 1) you shouldn't wear cream/white to a wedding as those are the bride's colors; 2) no one other than the bride should look 'sexy' (if she wishes), it's not about the attendees, it's about the bride.

I'm sure since you're the grandmother it's all good, but you're not in the public eye either.

I also was taught the same Missy as a child, yet in growing up and becoming my own person I started to make clothing choices to suit me not everyone else and yes, made plenty of mistakes in doing so......I like the small effect fo the chemise as I call it and I think the dress also is to dark for a wedding. This is not about what society wants but my own personal choice.....now if the dress was a solid color beside black it would be very pretty even in navy or emerald green.......jewel colors look good on Meghan.

This is a solid look for me. Not wowing me but an ok look. I love the skirt of the dress, but I am not a fan of the chunky belt. A thinner belt would have complimented the lines of the look better and looked more polished.

Love the hat, hair and make up. The make up is heavier than she normally goes with but it works. Also, so happy to see her wear those adorable shoes again!

By far, her best accessory is her stunning smile! She looks happy and relaxed. Made of tough stuff, our Meghan.

Chloep:

Hair, it is *Beautiful* and not messy at all. I don't think many here would remember an actress named Veronica Lake.....back in the 40's I think, she wore her hair the same in many of her films, very sexy and sultry with that long blonde hair and at times it covered her one eye.....this looks so perfect on Meghan and not messy......soft sexy and sultry at the same time.

I know this is going to shock everyone, but I can't stand this look :whistling:
The hat is terrible, the colors are too somber for a summer wedding, it looks like the blouse is unbuttoned so you can see her lace bra underneath (upper part 2 photo) and her hair is a mess as usual. Another total fail fashion wise imo.

I agree- it's too dark for a summer wedding. At first look I thought that she was attending a funeral....

Hate it. The colours really are too dark for a summer wedding and the (..) fascinator just adds to a big block of dark colours that leave me feeling nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not my favorite. Mainly I don't like how the navy part goes all the way down. I am glad to hear the skirt part is different colors. When I saw photos from different angles in Tumblr, I was wondering if people were editing the pictures to make the dress look different. I like the hair (add me to wanting a direct answer on what makes it messy) and the hat.

I don't see why any color isn't appropriate for any season. Why should we let a time of the year make us prisoner to what colors we can wear? Sure, you don't want to wear a color that will upstage a bride at her wedding or is too showy or disrespectful at a funeral, but as far as seasons, I don't think that should have any bearing on what color you decide to wear. Obviously, if people want to follow that rule for themselves, that's fine. And I'm not a fan of the navy myself, but I wouldn't be in the winter, spring, or fall.

And what's wrong with the camisole? Isn't that meant for modesty?

I think I might have liked it better if the navy part stopped at the blouse part of the dress (I just really don't like that V part) Actually, seeing it again, I can see the part that dips down is green. I would prefer the color blocks to be uniform on all sides, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Such a dark outfit for such a beautiful day, she's getting her wear out of those shoes, i'm pleased!

Although this is not a look that I would add to my favourite list, I cannot see why there is an outcry about messy hair - it looks groomed and flowing to me. I don't particularly like the head wear or the darker colour, but she doesn't look terrible or inappropriately dressed. I do think people are prone to exaggeration and can't simply state it's a look they don't favour, explain why and leave it at that.

Not a fan of any part of it.. as its just too drab for a Wedding at the height of Summer..
There is nothing 'celebratory' about any of it.

minus the hat it's not bad outfit i very much like the top with the skirt but yes very dark for summer wedding i found

A total miss for a wedding. You should never wear black in a wedding, (neither white of course), unless you are a extremely distanced guest sat at the end of the church and nobody will pay attention to you, the opposite of her case of course.
Black is for mourning and white is for the bride. You can wear all the existing colors of this world except these two.

Okay, just because I have asked this very question about a half dozen times on here and i have NEVER once received an answer. Could people please explain what a mess of a hair is? I am loosing my patience a little bit because no one ever actually says what the mess is and I am just wondering whether I am an in idiot who is not picking up on coded language where mess is supposed to mean something else.

How is her hair a mess? Because it moves when she turns her head?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Djwy-pKXsAAkeZ1.jpg:large
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...as-they-arrive-to-attend-picture-id1010784378
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...as-they-arrive-to-attend-picture-id1010784298

I just don't get where messy, unkempt and disheveled come from. So, please - for once, as a nice change of pace - I am genuinely hoping to receive an actual answer to this. I am not looking for a whole back and forth that gets a Meghan thread locked - again.

And if she'd wear this dress with the pink, green, baby blue and navy colourblock to a funeral it'd be highly inappropriate...

Add me to the list who cannot explain what is wrong with Meghan's hair. I think it looks very nice.

And I agree, her dress-actually her entire outfit-would be inappropriate for a funeral. Navy is fine for a wedding, and she looks much better than the last wedding outfit.

Also, those camisoles with the built in shelf bra are soooo much more comfortable to wear. I love them.

That depends on your body type, I've been told if you are busty they don't fit well.

I'm not a big fan of her outfit, but I see nothing wrong with it. It's a dress, noting inappropriate for a wedding or anything like that. But I'm totally not a fashion person, so I don't really trust my own judgement :)

(..)

The dress is nice but sloppy-looking, and too dark for a summer wedding. Yes, one can wear any color one wishes at any time of the year, but IMO a summer day wedding calls for something brighter &/or lighter. Love the shoes & clutch, not crazy about the hat, but her hair looks fine to me today. Much better than her normal messy bun which is awful. Her hair is done nicely, and I think would look better without a hat - they seem to be competing to me. The gold bracelet is pretty.

The Daily Mail saying she flashed her lacy bra! Good grief must have been a Man who wrote the article. I didn't bother to read it.
The Navy dress looks light weight and cool for a hot day.

But I agree with Payton the best thing here is that she looks genuinely happy. The Sparkle is there and not faked.
So happy birthday Meghan.

I though it too dark till I saw the outfit below.... quite beautiful and original !

I agree- it's too dark for a summer wedding. At first look I thought that she was attending a funeral....

That is EXACTLY what I thought too. The dress itself is fine, but for a summer wedding?

No.

The Duchess of Sussex at the wedding of Charlie van Straubenzee and Daisy Jenks in Frensham, Surrey, today, August 4:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Side view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 ** Upper part 4 **
Thank you for posting, I admit I've missed seeing her. She looks so happy and wonderful....wait am I in the fashion thread? Oh right, I adore her hair! and the hat. Most of the dress is impressive and unique, but I don't think the green and pink go with the black(blue) and white... On second thought it is just the green that seems misplaced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom