The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the button up but the pants are too long. I think she looked great.

I love the button up but the pants are too long. I think she looked great.

I do agree with that. My favorite length for wide leg pants is for it to be just three-quarter of an inch or an inch above the ground with stilettos on. The heel peeking out just a little bit and the flow of the pants is gorg.

Last edited:
Here’s the thing. I’m not understanding how either of their outfits make them look anything other than Meghan and Kate. If I didn’t know who they were, I’d just assume they are dressed for Wimbledon. Same goes for the other royals that have attended.
Do dentists or accountants look like their jobs? Beats me. I really liked Meghan's ensemble and was hardly surprised to see her hat, burning is painful and very ageing. My only complaint is she did not wear any earrings. Doesn't she know it is impolite to go outside naked?

I was intrigued by the differing prices of her shirt from $45 to $590! Wow, that is quite some price range. Kind of makes you wonder . . .

:previous:
Jacqui
Now that sounds like a perfect look for those pants, just not dragging on the ground as they get so dirty and torn in places, who wants to drag dirt home on the bottom of your pants anyway.....just a tad sexier with a toe peeking out right....

Do dentists or accountants look like their jobs? Beats me. I really liked Meghan's ensemble and was hardly surprised to see her hat, burning is painful and very ageing. My only complaint is she did not wear any earrings. Doesn't she know it is impolite to go outside naked?

I was intrigued by the differing prices of her shirt from $45 to $590! Wow, that is quite some price range. Kind of makes you wonder . . .

Funny you should mention that, I used to be an accountant. :lol: I can personally attest that this CPA and my fellow CPAs have a wide range of looks.:lol:

And yes, that's a big difference on the shirt. Regardless, both and the pants are sold out now.

Good thing you aren't wearing them then!:whistling: YOU know what you like and wear it! Meghan knows what she likes and wears it! Fashion and style are personal and subjective!

Back in my day(late 60’s early70’s) I had pants like that, we called them “elephant pants”.i wore them as jacqui24 and M Payton described with a peek of toe and heel.

Here, I not only agree with Rudolph, but add IMO, they look sloppy.

The photo Rudolph is showing looks strange, lighting impacted in some way (the shadows to light are not crisp). In fact, other photos from the same time frame show perfectly clean hems, nothing amiss (with clear shadows to light). :flowers: It's not like she is outside dragging across gravel and mud. I personally would not wear such pants but she likes them and they were definitely not dirty as is being suggested in that photo. Just saying.

Am I the only one that loves the wide leg look? And no, it’s not the bell bottom look. Not even close. I have a pair of pants that’s very similar to the black one Meghan wore to Brixton. I generally wore it with a tight top for contrast. . But once I saw how well it worked for Meghan in Brixtonc, I’ve actually started wearing it with looser tops. The key is the waist.

Btw, love Meghan rolling up the sleeves. I like that better than the sleeves down.

:previous:I totally agree. I lived through the bell bottom style of the 70s and they were much closer fit thru the thigh, that's why this style is so great AND so comfortable. I would like to see them a tad shorter, however.

The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 -

So she carried her hat I heard (and sorry can’t remember where) that you don’t wear hats. So someone should have known and told her.If that is true.!

She was wearing it when she left. She and Kate left in separate vehicles so she was on ner way to somewhere else after Wimbledon. The video of her leaving is in the Wimbledon thread.

Last edited:
I wasn’t going to look at her photos because I feel I can’t give my opinion anymore without being shut down but I did sneak a look. HOLY MOLLY they are way too long they look like silk pj pants. Sorry to my friends on this forum I know how much you love her but it’s the way I see it

I loved Meghan's look until I saw the bottom third of her pants :/ IMO she just can't pull off the dragging pant look. If these pants were an inch or two shorter and simply skimmed her heel, it would have been an amazing look.

I loved the look otherwise.

But, I do appreciate her taking risks!

I think she looks amazing except for the pant length. Several posters have mentioned that the pants were designed to be that long, can someone explain that to me? Why design pants that drag on the ground? So they can only be worn once? so they can potentially be a hazard? I don't get it.

Weeeell, if she ordered it online from her friend RL, I, believe her slightly more svelte frame would make them more than a little longer if they were made from the stats they have on record.

There is no way on earth those pants didn't need shortening because the vast majority of pants are made long, even Newport 5'2" and those with 'petite' ranges merely mean the length is mainly in the pant leg!

I know I'll get attacked for saying this as posts not completely glowing of Meghan always do on this thread, but she clearly needs help with her wardrobe. This outfit was a complete failure IMO - wrong for the occasion, wrong for her figure, wrong for her position as 2nd most senior royal in the Royal Box at Wimbledon for the ladies final.

The Telegraph (a right-wing newspaper who are enormously supportive of the RF) had an article the other day about Meghan being stuck in a fashion "rut" and yesterday's outfit does nothing to refute that. She cannot just wear clothes that she "likes", she must also wear clothes that are appropriate for her role and position. I very much doubt the Queen would choose to spend her time in the outfits she wears publicly yet she does it because she understands her role. A lesson not yet learned by Meghan it seems.

I think she looks amazing except for the pant length. Several posters have mentioned that the pants were designed to be that long, can someone explain that to me? Why design pants that drag on the ground? So they can only be worn once? so they can potentially be a hazard? I don't get it.

They look absolutely ridiculous.. THtey're bound to get dirty and probably be a trip hazard... but if she wants to look silly.....

I know I'll get attacked for saying this as posts not completely glowing of Meghan always do on this thread, but she clearly needs help with her wardrobe. This outfit was a complete failure IMO - wrong for the occasion, wrong for her figure, wrong for her position as 2nd most senior royal in the Royal Box at Wimbledon for the ladies final.

The Telegraph (a right-wing newspaper who are enormously supportive of the RF) had an article the other day about Meghan being stuck in a fashion "rut" and yesterday's outfit does nothing to refute that. She cannot just wear clothes that she "likes", she must also wear clothes that are appropriate for her role and position. I very much doubt the Queen would choose to spend her time in the outfits she wears publicly yet she does it because she understands her role. A lesson not yet learned by Meghan it seems.

I agree with you 100%
You have put it so well
I think she needs someone to help her and whoever is doing that now isn’t doing their job

I know I'll get attacked for saying this as posts not completely glowing of Meghan always do on this thread,

Yet there have been multiple posts critiquing her outfit, and no one has got attacked.

The trouble is if she goes down the high fashion route she going to wear some ugly inappropriate outfits. She is not a cat walk model. She is part of the BRF

The trouble is if she goes down the high fashion route she going to wear some ugly inappropriate outfits. She is not a cat walk model. She is part of the BRF

Saying you don’t like her outfit is one thing. But there has been nothing inappropriate.

It was inappropriate to wear to a tennis match. It is straight from the catwalk if she had tailored the pant to fit it might have looked more suitable. Or she could put it in the wardrobe and wear it when she was attending a private dinner party much more suitable

Id say it was inappropriate for ANY wear, when it was trailing the ground.

Oh for goodness’ sake, pants are too long sometimes. It happens in life. Hardly anything inappropriate about it. Even in royal box.

Of course trousers are too long sometimes which is why they get altered to fit the wearer! Meghan has the resources available to her that the rest of us could only dream of and yet she can't get those trousers hemmed so they don't drag all over the place?

Stephanie in Luxembourg must be salivating at them though given her love of wide-leg, too long trousers.

I was one of the first to point out the trouser would be better tailored slightly. However calling it for what it is and saying it’s inapprpriate is not the same. There is nothing inappropriate about the outfit even if the pants were slightly longer than I’d preferred.

Whilst I’m happy to see people think Meghan is so fashion forward that this is a cat walk look. I can assure people this is not even if the overall look is very chic.

Last edited:
Meghan’s outfit yesterday was not inappropriate for her to wear as a Royal Duchess or to Wimbledon. Her blouse and pants were perfectly acceptable.

I agree some tailoring would have made the outfit better-the pants touching the ground remind me of the ratty jeans people used to wear dragging the ground that frayed with wear.

And yet she was listed as one of the best dressed of the day. Can't please everyone. I loved the shirt. I was not a fan of the pants but I know it is a style. A style others on the day were also rocking. Again not my cup of tea but clearly this look hit the spot for some as I have seen many comments in the press praising it. So Meghan just needs to continue doing her as she figures out her style. I much prefer her looks currently than I did right after the wedding when it was clear she was trying too hard to not be "chic" and herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom