The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it too casual of an outfit....if you look around the audience you see a lot more casual outfits.

LaRae

I like her look today, very fresh for summer and matching with her dark hair.

As for the comment that she's looking like an actress and not a princess...
I think part of her IS still actress. It needs time to transform into a princess, that doesnt happen by a fingersnap.

Honestly, I don't see how a person can do the job the Royals do without being an actress or actor. :D They are just people so I am sure that like most people, they get bored with the endless small talk they have to make, but they have to act like they are interested.

I actually like the length of the pants. They are purposely designed to be that long.

There are two dress-codes: for Royal Box and for other places.

Even in the royal box. One of the ladies right behind them looks pretty casual.

laRae

Meghan is dressed perfectly suitably for Wimbledon Royal box. I like the outfit. Its classy but relaxed, perfect for sporting event.

The outfits today just show how different Meghan's and Kate's styles are, both are very "duchess" to me anyway.

Personally don't like the outfit today, every piece is lovely to me but they don't work well with the others, I am not sure why. And love her hat and bag.

I think if she had worn a capri length wide pant it would of elevated the look. The hem dragging the ground drives me crazy. I love the purse she is carrying though!

LaRae

I like everything about this but the pants length. I’m sure the long hem is on purpose, Meghan’s hardly the first I’ve seen wear wide-legged trousers this way, but it’s still unattractive on everyone I’ve seen try it

A belt would not have looked right with these pants. I am generally not a belt fan, though.

I thought Meghan looked crisp and summery today. Personally, I don't care for the extra wide, extra long style on the trousers. I would have worn some that were more tailored. But I lived through the horrid extra wide bell bottoms of the late 1960's and 1970's.

I actually love this look, and yes the pants are MADE to deliberately work this way. However, I agree with some that to polish off the look, a thin, slim blue belt would have been lovely. I also actually prefer her look with the sleeves of the shirt rolled up. The first set of pictures had me stumped because of the long sleeve of the shirt, but with it rolled up to the elbows, I think it finishes off the look.

I love the combination of blue stripes with white, especially wide blue stripes, but I'm not loving this look. The trousers seem too wide, and the bottoms dragging on the ground is never something that is good, as far as I am concerned. When I saw the first photos I thought this was going to be one of my favorite outfits for Meghan, but the more photos I looked at, the less I liked it. It all looks too big and too floppy. Put that blouse (gorgeous) with a different pair of trousers or a pencil skirt, and my impression would be totally different.

I love the combination of blue stripes with white, especially wide blue stripes, but I'm not loving this look. The trousers seem too wide, and the bottoms dragging on the ground is never something that is good, as far as I am concerned. When I saw the first photos I thought this was going to be one of my favorite outfits for Meghan, but the more photos I looked at, the less I liked it. It all looks too big and too floppy. Put that blouse (gorgeous) with a different pair of trousers or a pencil skirt, and my impression would be totally different.

I agree! or pick a fitter blouse for the beautiful wide trousers (with a better length).

I actually love the “floppiness.” It looks more modern than to me than a tailored version would

I think if she had worn a capri length wide pant it would of elevated the look. The hem dragging the ground drives me crazy. I love the purse she is carrying though!

LaRae

Other than the hem lines I thought she looked perfect. I especially love the way protects her complexion.

She seems to instinctively give precedence to her sister in law which is of course exactly as it should be.

Other than the hem lines I thought she looked perfect. I especially love the way protects her complexion.

She seems to instinctively give precedence to her sister in law which is of course exactly as it should be.

She didn't put the hat on though! Must of been overcast.

I like the blouse...just can't like those pants. It was lovely to see them together and having a good time. I'm sure she's got the protocol about precedence ..I noticed in one clip she was quick to put her hand up to block the v of her neckline..smart!

LaRae

I like her outfit with the exception of the pants. These super wide 70´s style trouser trend needs to die ASAP

Too casual? This is not 'the royal box at Ascot' its Wimbledon, royal box or not. One part of dressing the part of a royal is understanding how to dress for each event.

I think people get stuck in the mindset- pants are casual. Skirts are formal. There is nothing more casual about this look then say Pipppa's little house on the Prairie dress yesterday. Simply because it is pants.

I love the new hat. The style suits her and I always love a proper hat. :cool:

Top is cute, and I even love the pants with it. :flowers:

The pants need to be hemmed though. I know the feeling, all my pants always need hemming.

Meghan looked great today. I really like her shirt - I would get one myself if the price was kinder to my wallet! :D

I like the blouse...just can't like those pants.
LaRae

Those over-long pants are not only unattractive when they become filthy, but also dangerous!

Catch your heel in them, and you could break an ankle!

she is drowning in that outfit,i like the bouse and the idea of the outfit but the result isn't successful its could be little better though if it's not tye baggy long silly pants

Those over-long pants are not only unattractive when they become filthy, but also dangerous!

Catch your heel in them, and you could break an ankle!

I'm surprised she didn't trip going up/down the steps!

LaRae

I have a very similar top in purple & white from from Anne Taylor, I believe. Maybe Talbot's. Not a fan of the wide legged trousers, but that is my own preference. Love the hat.

I love her blouse, but the pant color reads winter white to me and IMHO they're far too long.

Oh, I loved her aesthetics today. I actually own the RL blouse (https://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/en/bengal-stripe-cotton-shirt-428258.html) she is wearing today(I think, at least) and it is so comfortable in the summer months. It's also on sale for 55 quids, so quite a great deal. ;)

I wonder whether she was planing to wear heels that are a tad higher to balance out the length of her trousers. Either way, it should be probably shortened a bit.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that loves the wide leg look? And no, it’s not the bell bottom look. Not even close. I have a pair of pants that’s very similar to the black one Meghan wore to Brixton. I generally wore it with a tight top for contrast. . But once I saw how well it worked for Meghan in Brixtonc, I’ve actually started wearing it with looser tops. The key is the waist.

Btw, love Meghan rolling up the sleeves. I like that better than the sleeves down.

Am I the only one that loves the wide leg look? And no, it’s not the bell bottom look. Not even close. I have a pair of pants that’s very similar to the black one Meghan wore to Brixton. I generally wore it with a tight top for contrast. . But once I saw how well it worked for Meghan in Brixtonc, I’ve actually started wearing it with looser tops. The key is the waist.

Btw, love Meghan rolling up the sleeves. I like that better than the sleeves down.

No you are not. I love the wide legged pants and I like them touching the floor. Her whole look was very elegant to me. I also loved Kate's look. I thought that they complemented each other very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom