The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not the rule..she has worn plenty of Commonwealth brands during the engagement ...no I don't conveniently dismiss that part. She's going to eventually wear Commonwealth brands again, we may even see some later today and tomorrow.

LaRae

Not many since the wedding, when she started to appear as a rep of the BRF!

Not many since the wedding, when she started to appear as a rep of the BRF!

Again we are back to technically when the reality is her effect on British and commonwealth fashion started well before then. And BRF has certainly treated her as a rep since before her wedding. And since then, I think the dresses for the garden party and the youth event are the only ones that are not bespoken (and really the only events that didn't call for bespoken). I'm not sure why it even matters when she wears bespoken as those that rushes to buy the same aren't going to do the same.

And btw, I do the notice the uproar happens much more with clothing than jewelry. Many members of the BRF owns quite a few pieces from French jewelers (even some pieces from the vault), why isn't that an issue?

Good Grief everyone, are we headed to getting this thread closed all because of Meghan wearing something that is not British? Please take the time to breath and think before you post here......

Does anyone think Meghan is stupid or what? Of course she will wear clothes by British designers and elsewhere......after all aren't most clothes today made in the Orient......and shipped elsewhere.....:bang::bang::lol:

Again we are back to technically when the reality is her effect on British and commonwealth fashion started well before then. And BRF has certainly treated her as a rep since before her wedding. And since then, I think the dresses for the garden party and the youth event are the only ones that are not bespoken (and really the only events that didn't call for bespoken). I'm not sure why it even matters when she wears bespoken as those that rushes to buy the same aren't going to do the same.

And btw, I do the notice the uproar happens much more with clothing than jewelry. Many members of the BRF owns quite a few pieces from French jewelers (even some pieces from the vault), why isn't that an issue?
Re the jewellery, a lot of it is either historic or received as gifts.

This is seriously getting ridiculous now, should everyone go through the entire country and get rid of everything that is not British? How about the very craftsmen who made the country great to begin with that came from other countries to settle in England and help make it into what it is today? This idea and grip about Meghan not wearing British clothes is going so far off topic here and I am sure the mods are waiting in the background to delete and close this thread. Then will some be happy campers here or not................:bang::bang::bang:

If foreign brands were the exception, my comments could potentially be seen as tedious who don't see the point. In this case, it is the rule with Meghan.

Considering she has been a royal for less than two months, this is quite a leap, especially once we also factor in the British brands she has worn since the engagement announcement.

The whole debate is premature to me and not really worth as much attention as some want to give it. Maybe I'll feel differently in a few months, after she's actually done a variety of engagements.

Less than two months into the royal role, imho it's way too premature to say anything about what's a rule for Meghan re clothes. Just moments ago people were crying how she NEVER wears colour. She has been a working royal less than two months! Let's see after a year, or at least 6 months, and then write percentage lists.

Pardon my fashion ignorance, but isn’t he French?

He is. He does have strong ties to London as he's done shows there years ago and set up his first flagship store there. But I don't really think he'd be considered British fashion by any means like the article suggested. If he can be considered French, CWK for Givenchy shouldn't be a problem at all, but the article goes on to talk about Meghan and Givenchy without mentioning that CWK is a premier British designer.

This has to be the most sensational picture for the dress! And that says a lot because I thought it looked amazing earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
She set the bar high this morning, I hope it keeps going for the rest of the day. :lol:

So here is a question for those of you who are dismayed by Meghan's dresses by American and French design houses. Who do you suggest she patronize?

Jacqui made an excellent point here--

Unless Meghan patronizes Kate's go to labels (McQueen, Packham, Catherine Walker) there don't seem to be a lot of choices for bespoke dresses--Stella McCartney and Victoria Beckham?

Goat, Erdem, Temperley, Beulah London, Madderson London, L.K. Bennett, Hobbs, Mulberry?

Kate does not have a monopoly on these labels as Sophie, Eugenie and Beatrice wear them as well. Hopefully Meghan will choose to wear these UK labels in the future. ?
I did like today's bespoke Dior dress today. It reminded me of something that Lady Sarah Chatto would choose.

She's in Green!

Kate does not have a monopoly on these labels as Sophie, Eugenie and Beatrice wear them as well. Hopefully Meghan will choose to wear these UK labels in the future. ?
I did like today's bespoke Dior dress today. It reminded me of something that Lady Sarah Chatto would choose.

No, of course not. And I'm sure eventually Meghan will wear clothing from those labels. But to start off with them might invite comparisons even more than are made anyway,

She's in Green!

Now this is a shade of green I can get behind. I would love to see more of the dress or "outfit" before I give a fair critique. From what I can see, I love her bag. I have a few of those structured brown leather handbags in my closet and I can't live without them.

I want better photos, but so far this looks great. I like this green so much better than the olive green from yesterday, and the shape of the dress looks good. Waiting for more....

I love the color...that dark green and it looks great on her!

LaRae

I don't think it's necessarily anyone have monopoly, but I do think they each have a different go-to. And usually, they don't clash brands at major events even.

Saw it's not a dress but a skirt and top set. The bag is Strathberry and the skirt is Givenchy ..not sure on the blouse and shoes yet.

LaRae

It's not a dress. It's a top and skirt.

Clearer picture here.

Saw it's not a dress but a skirt and top set. The bag is Strathberry and the dress is Givenchy ..not sure on the shoes yet.

LaRae

I'm being a pain here, but how is it that it's not a dress, but then you proceed to identify it as a dress by Givenchy? :lol:

It's ok, we've all been there when new information comes fast and furious. :lol:

I like the side view of the navy dress, but I do not like the full front views. It looks ill-fitting to my eyes.

Ireland outfit is fine from what I've seen of it.

A great choice for today's trip to Ireland!

I'm being a pain here, but how is it that it's not a dress, but then you proceed to identify it as a dress by Givenchy? :lol:

It's ok, we've all been there when new information comes fast and furious. :lol:

You posted when I was editing!

LaRae

there are always the York sisters for fashion advice :)

I presume this IS sarcasm ?

The Duchess looked sensational today [as she did yesterday].
My one quibble is a bluer blue, such as 'Air Force Blue' *geddit*? would have been better, it is regrettable that it 'reads' as Black...

Now that I am seeing pictures of the other family members (both royal born & married-ins), I think Meghan may be overdressed. Princess Anne's skirt & Meghan's dress look more party wear to my eyes. Maybe in person it is different.

I like the side view of the navy dress, but I do not like the full front views. It looks ill-fitting to my eyes.
Navy outfit fits like an absolute glove in my opinion. Perfect fit.

Liking the green outfit for Ireland as well.

It is a top and a skirt. Casual and sleek.

It is indeed very sleek. Georgeous dark fir green, fits like a glove. I like the accessories as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom