The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, calm down all of you. It was stated that, as it was only six weeks in we should give her a break. Well, it's not been only six weeks, she's had many, many months of lead up to this. I love how you all fixate on one tiny comment and forget the entire rest of the post, I think they call it diversion tactics? That is all, carry on.

That's your opinion. This is a fashion thread, if you don't like commenting on a woman's fashion choices this probably isn't the thread for you.

I like fashion as much as the next person, but I’m far from reducing a woman to just her clothes. Nor do I think that’s all there is or most important in royal duties. Nor do I go about saying a woman needs to think about her royal wardrobe a year or two before she’s married as I realize she’s had more important things to deal with during that time. And I can decide which thread is for me.

(..)

To bring this back to Meghan, I would like to say she has dressed better post marriage than she did during the engagement ; with the only exception being the Spencer wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Once again a couple of posts have been removed. As we don't know anything about the Duchess of Sussex's fashion plans and preparations, we can leave these speculations behind, move on and concentrate on the current fashion choices again!

I think Meghan is doing amazingly well when you consider the stress she has been under ever since her Dad decided to jerk her around the week before the wedding. I am not surprised if her wedding dress wasn't as snug as it was a week before.

That also applies to any clothes she purchased ahead of time for these engagements. I have nevertheless liked or loved every ensemble she has worn since the wedding. I really liked the sheath dress with the cape because it had an unexpected twist, just as the pale blush hats that would normally have had half a garden under the brim were instead pared down structural works of art.

These are things she had to wing because she is trying to find her own personal style in a whole new field of operation. It's neither celebrity casual nor ordinary daywear. It's things like the ANZAC Service, The Commonwealth Service, TOC, Royal Ascot and receptions that aren't designed for formal or cocktail wear that can be a trap for a new player.

All these call for a specific type of dress code that Meghan would have never encountered before let alone have a wardrobe full of. Her yellow sheath was perfect the other day. She looked great and her smile was amazing.

(..)

So far I don't see any major problem from her outfits (......except that mess in Spencer wedding), of course they are not totally perfect and I can't say I love them all but as a newcomer she is doing good enough. Most of the ladies just fit into their royal role gradually.

And yeah this is a fashion thread.
:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, calm down all of you. It was stated that, as it was only six weeks in we should give her a break. Well, it's not been only six weeks, she's had many, many months of lead up to this. I love how you all fixate on one tiny comment and forget the entire rest of the post, I think they call it diversion tactics? That is all, carry on.

To get down to brass tacks, she's only "officially" worked for the "Firm" since her marriage to Harry and hence, I would think her "Firm" clothing allowance did not start until then. Up until May 19th, Meghan was dressing Meghan Markle. After May 19th, she was dressing The Duchess of Sussex. ;)

This plays a big part in all of this. Who is buying the clothes. We don't exactly know when Charles steps in to cover the working wardrobe but we do know that he covers the costs of clothing for "work". A lot of things happened once she became engaged. She got a RPO. She now has access to staff at KP. Her working wardrobe most likely is tallied, inventoried and the bill sent to Charles. Ever wonder how KP has the details to embargo with the press on the outfits that she's wearing? Ever wonder how these royal ladies know what color to wear to compliment what the Queen is wearing? Ever wonder just how the loan of jewelry for a specific outfit happens? Meghan doesn't rummage through a closet the morning of an engagement deciding what to wear. Its all planned well in advance. Its not Meghan solely shopping for her duchess clothes.

Meghan most assuredly did not have to do this kind of planning with her wardrobe before the engagement happened. Then, it was a lot of set costuming people that dressed her for Suits and she had her own choices for her private time.

More foreign brands for the Duchess at the christening today!

Love this look for her! Very stylish and modern, but still timeless. Great fit too. Can’t wait to see more pics to judge better

Super-chic, and VERY 'early thirties' [especially the Hat...]

I like the color, and the hat.
But the dress looks frumpy, imo.

Another fashion win for the Duchess! It has color! And it fits beautifully! And that olive green works beautifully with her hair and skin tones. The hat was lovely and the shoes were lovely....all around a very nice look. Even her hair was in a very nice tamed back style and not a severe bun.

I admit that I'm often critical of Meghan's looks but she absolutely nailed this one right on the head.

Even her hair was in a very nice tamed back style and not a severe bun.

I actually just came here to talk about the hair. :lol: I feel like this is the happy medium for her tight buns and messy buns. More relaxed, yet formal enough.

I actually just came here to talk about the hair. :lol: I feel like this is the happy medium for her tight buns and messy buns. More relaxed, yet formal enough.

Right?! That was my first thought about the hair, too. It looks very nice, it's tamed and held back but not so severely as the bun. It looks very comfortable but also looks nice with her hat. A very, very solid choice.

She looks amazing and I love she had her hair in a ponytail. Looks great with that hat.

Just saw a good quality pic and Meghan looks great! Wasn't expecting olive green but she wears it well. Very stylish look!

More foreign brands for the Duchess at the christening today!

Of course, wouldn't expect anything less. And the color is called olive drab, how appropriate! Dull, drab, unpatriotic and probably expensive, that's the new duchess's style.

Last edited:
Love the color (THAT OLIVE GREEN!), like the dress, not sure about the hat (just not my taste).

Just saw a good quality pic and Meghan looks great! Wasn't expecting olive green but she wears it well. Very stylish look!

The olive green looks lovely on her. Brings out the natural golds and brown of her skin tone so well. Would love to see her in forest green soon!

Love the look, olive green is a beautiful colour. Hate the pony.

I think the ponytail is refreshing. I like it.

As for the pictures that I've seen so far, she looks lovely. The dress is a nice cut and color on her and the hat is very nice. No complaints as of right now from me.

Not a huge fan of this look, but at least the color looks okay on her (I hate the color olive). Her makeup looks good. I don't see the ponytail.

She looks elegant and classy. That shade of green looks good on her. Hat style works for her.

Sbe brought her A game when accessorizing this outfit. Splendid color on her. I love me some green.

Last edited:
Simply classy and elegant and I love the color. Then again, I do think that olive green compliments women that have a darker complexion and hair coloring. She put it all together nicely and it looks amazing on her. Thumbs up on this outfit.

Not a great fan of olive green to be honest but the colour really suits Meghan. I thought she looked gorgeous. Loved the hat and the pony made a nice change. The dress fitted well and I liked the boat neckline. All good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom