The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Holy moley! Meghan could step out tomorrow in one of Lucy Ricardo's "designer" outfits and claim it came from HM's estate and she could probably rock it and start a new trend. Now that would be something to give people something to complain about eh?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pota...n5hv1iN6k_MAM:

Old 07-05-2018, 06:57 PM
Majesty

At times the duchess looks rather wobbly on her high heels. She probably wears them to make up for some of the height difference but I would be fine with her wearing lower heels and walking and standing a little more steady and not hurting her feet as much.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Love that it's a colour, don't like anything else about. That bun is too tight for head as well.
That's what I think too!
It's nice to see her in a bright color, but I just don't like that dress.
And I've never liked those buns she seems so fond of.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
(..) Me, I think the duchess wore an American designer because it is America's national day so this was her sunny salute to the US of A
Just want to clarify that Independence Day is July 4th not July 5th.
Whatever the reason that Meghan selected this dress, I still think it is a good look on her.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
At times the duchess looks rather wobbly on her high heels. She probably wears them to make up for some of the height difference but I would be fine with her wearing lower heels and walking and standing a little more steady and not hurting her feet as much.
Maybe that’s it. When I watch the video something seemed off. Watching it again, she does seem to wobble when she walks.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
She is the only royal bride in modern times that wasn't born and hasn't lived in Britain most of her life. I don't think we've seen any royal brides wear as much Canadian designer during engagement either. It's a matter of they will incorporate some new stuff, but will also stay close to those that they are familiar with. I'd expect that she had a lot of Canadian and US designer in her closet, and over time she'll build a portfolio of British designers she likes just the same way she's done before in US and Canada.
Has there been a royal bride who wore so much UK/British iconography on her wedding dress since the Queen?
Old 07-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Just want to clarify that Independence Day is July 4th not July 5th.
Whatever the reason that Meghan selected this dress, I still think it is a good look on her.
I was gonna say...plus the colors are 100% wrong for celebrating Independence Day.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Perhaps she needs a British stylist if she does not understand how to or what to but here.

But one would have thought it would not take a rocket scientist to work out that if you go to the Trooping, you don't wear an American label. Or if you go to a commonwealth event, you don't wear an American label, or if you go on your first engagement with HM...... you get the drift. So the bigger question out there is that is it that she does not get it, or is it that she is being obtuse?
British stylists or not, it’s her that has to wear the clothes. She’s neither obtuse nor lack understanding of her role. None of what’s happened is against rules or protocol or unprecedented. Like I said earlier, she’s exploring her clothing options in her new role that’s her, not some stylist. I would hope that reasonable Brits would see most important thing isnt her clothes, even if that’s an enjoyable topic to talk about and look at, rather than her genuine desire to jump right in to the work.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is absolutely NO royal Rule that any Royal has to wear British made products. The media have simply implied over the years that it is preferable.
You don't see anyone rushing out to buy a dress that Princess Anne wears. For instance.
My point if I am not clear enough is that the D.of Sussex can wear anything she feels will suit her regardless of country of origin of the product.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

The only time I've understood the insanity around what a royal lady wears was during the 1947 wedding; I recall reading she wasn't allowed Italian or Japanese parts on her dress including silk.
But I also recall one of the reasons Sarah Ferguson was hated was because she wore expensive French brands... I'm not sure about that last part.
Either way Meghan helped a British designer who was going out of business so that a good thing imo.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Has there been a royal bride who wore so much UK/British iconography on her wedding dress since the Queen?

The 21st century saw Meghan and Kate use this in their wedding attire. The embroidery and lace detail on the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding gown featured the floral emblems for the UK (roses, shamrocks, thistles and daffodils).
Old 07-05-2018, 08:02 PM
Nobility

This what we were talking about she looks very nice and radiant yollow is great color for her.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Christ, this thread is just ridiculous at times. Yes, she has worn a lot of Givenchy and I understand when people reason that she should invest in a go-to British bred designer HOUSE, but to say that she hasn't done sh.t for British fashion is ridiculous and flat out wrong. Or that whatever she's worn before officially marrying Harry never mattered.. Please give me the brand of that Kool-Aid because it sounds like a trip I need to be on.
Tell it like it is please......, this is so silly it makes cartoons look bad........love your comment and so agree with you 100%. Some here need to lighten up a bit on both sides....Meghan looked great today, in fact one to the best she has ever looked IMHO. If it is a problem for the BRF in what she is wearing you better believe they will tell her straight out.........so far I haven't heard the Queen giving her grief over her choices of clothes (..)
Old 07-05-2018, 08:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
This is a Commonwealth event. It’s an own goal to wear an American designer. She did the same thing at her previous Commonwealth engagement.

The virtue signalling with her wedding dress embroidered with Commonwealth symbols is eyebrow raising.
She's tone deaf as usual, or if you're of the mindset that KP approves all her outfits (yeah, right) then KP is tone deaf as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Love that it's a colour, don't like anything else about. That bun is too tight for head as well.
Exactly how I feel, it's still a boring, 'classic' monochrome dress. This woman's fashion bores the living crud out of me, so overrated.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
You don't see anyone rushing out to buy a dress that Princess Anne wears. For instance...
I have never seen a designer’s name associated with any of Princess Anne’s garments.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Royal Highness

Please go tell KP they are tone deaf also........I am sure the Queen has no problems with Meghan's clothes like some here do....so who are we to tell KP or the Queen what Meghan should wear........
Old 07-05-2018, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I have never seen a designer’s name associated with any of Princess Anne’s garments.
LoL this made me think they pay her not to mention she is wearing them... I'm sorry I'm sure that's not what you meant but its the first thing that popped into my head.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

(..)

Simple sleek modern look. Fantastic pop of color
Old 07-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
British stylists or not, it’s her that has to wear the clothes. She’s neither obtuse nor lack understanding of her role. None of what’s happened is against rules or protocol or unprecedented. Like I said earlier, she’s exploring her clothing options in her new role that’s her, not some stylist. I would hope that reasonable Brits would see most important thing isnt her clothes, even if that’s an enjoyable topic to talk about and look at, rather than her genuine desire to jump right in to the work.
Really, how do you know whether she is obtuse and lacks understanding of her role? The. Yellow dress is terrific with the Sabrina neckline but the heels really are terrible, she should lead the want to lower heels and healthy feet
Old 07-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Really, how do you know whether she is obtuse and lacks understanding of her role? The. Yellow dress is terrific with the Sabrina neckline but the heels really are terrible, she should lead the want to lower heels and healthy feet
Because an intelligent woman who got into one of the top schools in the world and has made speeches on important social issues so eloquently isn’t just suddenly obtuse. As for high heels, some of us just can’t resist these beauties. She seems fine in them.

Closed Thread