The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 06:52 PM
Courtier

I like the style of Meghan's dress but not the color. I was fine with it when I thought it was navy and white. Then I found out what looked like white on my screen was actually pale pink and there were other colors involved. I generally don't care for color blocking particularly when there are more than two colors but that is just my taste. I don't care for her hat just because it looks too much like the horrors that are usually attached to Kate's head.

Old 08-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Meghan Markle suffered a wardrobe malfunction as she joined Prince Harry at the wedding of his close friend on her 37th birthday today.
Duchess of Sussex flashes her black lace bra while arriving at Prince Harry's close friend's wedding | Daily Mail Online
Thank you for the link to the article Spheno. The fact that the pictures show that after the ceremony her blouse is buttoned and you can't see the bra tells me this was indeed a wardrobe malfunction and not intended. Sloppy, really sloppy and a big fashion fail for another wedding. She really needs to step up her game.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I thought it too dark till I saw the outfit below.... quite beautiful and original!
I too thought that too, but after the wedding in the sun it was easy to see that what I had thought was black, was in fact blue. However, her hair is so dark that I would have loved her to pick green or pink for the hat and clutch.

It's a little sad that she had a slight wardrobe malfunction, but at least we did not see any bared breast or cheek so I'll give her a pass.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:30 PM
Gentry

Not feeling the dress. Like the accessories though.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Thank you for the link to the article Spheno. The fact that the pictures show that after the ceremony her blouse is buttoned and you can't see the bra tells me this was indeed a wardrobe malfunction and not intended. Sloppy, really sloppy and a big fashion fail for another wedding. She really needs to step up her game.
Key here is "not intended" so not sure why its getting so much attention. It is a slip of lace that she apparently noticed and fixed.

Happens every day, but I am sure some will see it as a further tally in the "con" column against Meghan.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Royal Highness

(..) The world is not going to end because of an opened button! At least she noticed and fixed it! It would be another matter completely if she left it opened!

That being said, while I like the dress, bag and shoes, I don't like the belt and hat. I thought that the belt was too wide and heavy for the dress. The hat was too sombre for a wedding. I am thinking that the hat will be recycled for Remembrance Day service.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Key here is "not intended" so not sure why its getting so much attention. It is a slip of lace that she apparently noticed and fixed.

Happens every day, but I am sure some will see it as a further tally in the "con" column against Meghan.
Flashing her bra at a society wedding, absolutely it goes in the 'con' column, why shouldn't it? She's royal now, right? It doesn't 'happen every day' to royals. People right here have been so much more unforgiving for the wardrobe malfunctions of other royals, but we're not supposed to call out Meghan? Please.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Duchess of Sussex at the wedding of Charlie van Straubenzee and Daisy Jenks in Frensham, Surrey, today, August 4:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Side view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 ** Upper part 4 **
A beautiful and elegant dress. She looks fantastic.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:02 PM
Serene Highness

She looked amazing today and so happy!! Her bow shoes are to die for! In picture 3 in post #836, I want to know about those pink shoes the woman walking beside Meghan is wearing. Those look so pretty.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Awful dress and hat, and certainly not the best for a summer wedding.?
Old 08-04-2018, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent

OK now the dress might be growing more on me. I already liked it but in a different light it looks like the 4 colors MIGHT work well together.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Meghan is glowing! So happy to see her happiness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Classy! They both look super classy in my book!
Old 08-04-2018, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Flashing her bra at a society wedding, absolutely it goes in the 'con' column, why shouldn't it? She's royal now, right? It doesn't 'happen every day' to royals. People right here have been so much more unforgiving for the wardrobe malfunctions of other royals, but we're not supposed to call out Meghan? Please.
Oh, how scandalous that she flashed top of a camisole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
OK now the dress might be growing more on me. I already liked it but in a different light it looks like the 4 colors MIGHT work well together.
I actually have no issues with the dress. I don't like the hat, or at least not with this dress. We've been so spoiled with full hats. I only want full hats from now on.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Oh, how scandalous that she flashed top of a camisole.
Yep, showing the top of her bra, might as well have flashed the crowd

An unweighted hem flying up and showing your knickers, now that is an understandable slip. The top of a bra is simply scandalous
Old 08-04-2018, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yep, showing the top of her bra, might as well have flashed the crowd
What kind of bra has lace that thin? I still think that's a chemise slip.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:28 PM
Courtier

(..) And Ima call her out every single time she shows up looking like a sloppy mess.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:38 PM
Royal Highness

Don't you think that it just could of been a lose button that came undone? I do not think this was done on purpose here for what reason would that accomplish? I have had a button come undone a few times in life and one time at a very fancy restaurant and the waiter told me about it......very embarrassing to say the least.....so I think since Meghan fixed it quickly that it was just a mishap and nothing more to get overly upset over. We all, even royals make mistakes in life and we are all human even royals....nobody is ever perfect all the time regardless of how much help they have or not.....
Old 08-05-2018, 01:40 AM
Administrator

Strong language, disrespectful comments and the recurring discussion about the fans and haters and the fashion discussion itself have been removed. Please exchange your views in a civilized manner and stay on topic of this thread - thank you!
Old 08-05-2018, 01:52 AM
Courtier

Well this wasn't a wow look or one of my favorites on the duchess but I thought she still looked lovely. I actually like the addition of the belt since the dress itself is a little meh on its own.

The fuss over her camisole/bra peeking through is rather predictable and that's all I'll say about that.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Maybe it was at first meant to be seen (it looks after all more like a camisole with a bit of lace) but when she learned from other guests (who probably polite and helpful told her about her "misfunction", so she could fix it) she really fixed it to appear according to the etiquette.

What if? She fixed it. Why is this so bothering to some people? Royals are humans and I have yet to hear that she employs a lady's maid or a dresser.

Closed Thread