The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The duchess looks fantastic today lovely elegant dress!

Old 07-26-2018, 12:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
It has the denim look, but much softer material. I have a dress that's similar. You get the denim look without the hard and thick material.
Yes as that is a pretty soft denim look so like my jeans and they are a favorite or mine and the sun glasses, what the heck is wrong with those sunglasses? I see women here of all sizes wearing the same.....mine are smaller as the big ones fall off my faces....LOL.....so those glasses have been around for decades now long before Meghan was even born.......some need to get over themselves!

Old 07-26-2018, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm neutral about the dress, but it is suitable for the type of event.

I wish she'd change her hairstyle because I think it does look messy, and I agree the heels look silly at a polo match.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:29 PM
Serene Highness

Pretty dress but the fabric cheapens it to me. And a brighter or lighter color would be more appropriate for the event/season. Stilettos look out of place (..) Hair is messy - strategically placed hair pins would easily take care of flyaway strands, but I guess that's the look she's going for.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:38 PM
Serene Highness

I love her whole look. Very summery and relaxed, suitable for the event. And I see no problem with her hair.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

What a nice look! Actually, a lovely look, minus the shoes, which from a practical level look too high for the event, and too dressy for the dress. But that's a very minor quibble.

I also think the fabric looks very cool and fresh--almost like there is a bit of linen in it to give it texture, without the crumpled look of linen. The style is perfect on her. Carolina Herrera is very, very good on her, as it is on another very small-boned royal, Queen Letizia.

And, if she is going to wear non-UK fashion (which she clearly is) a polo match seems like the right place, so no raised eyebrow from me this time around.

If I were scoring her fashion, Meghan gets a good, strong 9/10 for this one.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I love her whole look. Very summery and relaxed, suitable for the event. And I see no problem with her hair.
I'm with you! She looks great here.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the dress for this event. One of the best fitting dresses I've seen on the Duchess. Hair, makeup and shoes are good also. Can't find anything to "nit pick" over on this outfit.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

I like the dress but would have worn red wedge espadrilles.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Meghan looks lovely today - a very beautiful dress and I think the shoes match perfectly well with it.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-26-2018, 02:22 PM
Courtier

Oh I adore that chambray dress. Quite lovely. I'm "meh" on the shoes, and will give her pass since she was presenting the trophies afterwards.

Regarding the hair, her hair looked no more "messy" than others at the event who had their hair down and flying all over the place, so there you have it.

Overall, I really like this semi-casual look for her. She seems to do these best.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:58 PM
Aristocracy

I am loving this outfit on her. Those sunglasses are gorgeous on her (not too big!), the dress it very flattering and suits her perfectly and the shoes and cluth goes great with it.

Big thumps up to Meghan!
Old 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I love the dress for this event. One of the best fitting dresses I've seen on the Duchess. Hair, makeup and shoes are good also. Can't find anything to "nit pick" over on this outfit.
Neither can I. The dress fits her like a glove, almost like it was sewn on. Her gorgeous face is lightly made up...you can even see that she has freckles!

She and Harry are a great couple, imo.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-26-2018, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I love Meghan's look, nice dress for the polo, the shoes look a bit overdressed imo.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:45 PM
Administrator

The thread has been cleaned up again. There's no need to fight about race (again!) and it is disrespectful to use nicknames. Comments and posts that accused the Duchess of Sussex of being conceited have been removed as well. Please stay respectful towards the people you discuss and towards each other!
Old 07-26-2018, 03:45 PM
Courtier

She looks great! I do not understand the desire to brand Meghan "Hollywood" when she spent the most successful years of her carer in Canada!

(..)
Old 07-26-2018, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

that's very elegant dress the Duchess looks wonderful i find the sunglasses great add overally it's very very successful
Old 07-26-2018, 04:46 PM
Courtier

I really liked everything about Meghan's look today. The dress, the shoes, the clutch, the sunglasses all combined to make for a very fresh and fashionable look. Her hair was just fine too, it wasn't even particularly "messy" imo. I thought she looked lovely.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Love the style of the dress and shoes, the sunglasses are too big for her face IMO and I wish it wasn’t navy!

https://twitter.com/emynash/status/1...428925952?s=21

- here’s a twitter link as that picture might get removed.
The blue dress is very beautiful and elegant. She looks wonderful.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is nice and suitable for a polo event (looks super warm though in this heat) but I fail to see why you'd wear stiletto heels to a grassy polo event.

Closed Thread