The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree. Lovely as the dress is, I find it very, very disappointing that this lady continues to fail to support British and Commonwealth fashion.
I get that people are upset she's worn other designers in a roll, but continues to fail to support really? Did I imagine the times she's worn UK and Canadian brands? Line the Label? Mackage? Strathberry? Hiut? Goat Fashion? McQueen? Burberry? Sentaler, who had their first London show at least partially due to the interest generated from her wearing their coats? I could go on, but I think people get the point. She's actually supported far more UK and Commonwealth designers in her public outings than others.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
She literally revived some UK brands in the past 6 months. She has shown plenty of support for UK brands km the past 7-9 months since she was engaged.
And yet almost no one acknowledged it back then...

Old 07-05-2018, 04:06 PM
Majesty

This is a Commonwealth event. It’s an own goal to wear an American designer. She did the same thing at her previous Commonwealth engagement.

The virtue signalling with her wedding dress embroidered with Commonwealth symbols is eyebrow raising.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Love that it's a colour, don't like anything else about. That bun is too tight for head as well.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
This is a Commonwealth event. It’s an own goal to wear an American designer. She did the same thing at her previous Commonwealth engagement.

The virtue signalling with her wedding dress embroidered with Commonwealth symbols is eyebrow raising.
If you thought that was virtual signaling, her going out her way to dress particularly designers wouldn't be? It's a symbolic gesture on an important outfit. Most of us can agree that a wedding dress typically is more meaningful than just another dress, but we likely won't say the same about all the other dresses we wear during our lifetime. I have no problem with her trying to incorporate something meaningful in her wedding dress (well, veil, but it's the whole look thing) and not necessarily do it to a point of going overboard on a daily basis.

Seriously, people just want to latch onto something to criticize at this point. Some days she'll wear UK or Commonwealth designers, and some days she won't. It's quite simple.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

She is a grown woman & can put on label she wishes. She has been spreading the wealth( so to speak) for awhile now. no matter who she picks, she will do that designer & their house proud. And EXCUSE ME, am I crazy but, wasn't her Wedding Dress made by a British Designer( well British Born). & to date that is the most important dress that she has ever worn.

(..)
Old 07-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000 View Post
She is a grown woman & can put on label she wishes. She has been spreading the wealth( so to speak) for awhile now. no matter who she picks, she will do that designer & their house proud. And EXCUSE ME, am I crazy but, wasn't her Wedding Dress made by a British Designer( well British Born). & to date that is the most important dress that she has ever worn.
And British educated. She learned to design in British schools. Also a working mother who is very successful.

Anyways, I know this the Duchess of Sussex daytime fashion thread, but I do want to give a shout out to the Secretary-General for her outfit. Both ladies looked stunning in the bright and bold colors they choose. My eyes are happy they picked colors that didn't clash while standing out.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
If you thought that was virtual signaling, her going out her way to dress particularly designers wouldn't be? It's a symbolic gesture on an important outfit. Most of us can agree that a wedding dress typically is more meaningful than just another dress, but we likely won't say the same about all the other dresses we wear during our lifetime. I have no problem with her trying to incorporate something meaningful in her wedding dress (well, veil, but it's the whole look thing) and not necessarily do it to a point of going overboard on a daily basis.

Seriously, people just want to latch onto something to criticize at this point. Some days she'll wear UK or Commonwealth designers, and some days she won't. It's quite simple.

Standing O, you are so spot on. Then again, Megan was never a serious GF, just someone to pass the time until a proper British woman came along. Wink Wink
Old 07-05-2018, 04:33 PM
Majesty

Not a fan of the dress but the colour looks really good on her!
Old 07-05-2018, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I get that people are upset she's worn other designers in a roll, but continues to fail to support really? Did I imagine the times she's worn UK and Canadian brands? Line the Label? Mackage? Strathberry? Hiut? Goat Fashion? McQueen? Burberry? Sentaler, who had their first London show at least partially due to the interest generated from her wearing their coats? I could go on, but I think people get the point. She's actually supported far more UK and Commonwealth designers in her public outings than others.
What percentage of the dresses she has worn since her wedding are by British fashion houses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
She literally revived some UK brands in the past 6 months. She has shown plenty of support for UK brands km the past 7-9 months since she was engaged.
She has hardly worn any British brands since the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000 View Post

(..)
Of course she can wear what she wants, but in my view, it's hardly a way to ingratiate herself with the British people if she can't even support their businesses at a time of economic uncertainty.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nice that you discount the designers worn BEFORE the wedding...lies, damn lies and statistics at play here.

LaRae
Old 07-05-2018, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Elegant! Bright! Graceful!

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-05-2018, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What percentage of the dresses she has worn since her wedding are by British fashion houses?
What percentage of engagements her post wedding account for overall?

And as for your later post about her ingratiating herself to the British people by promoting British house in times of economic uncertainty. Did she only start having impact on fashion after her wedding?
Old 07-05-2018, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
What percentage of engagements her post wedding account for overall? And did she only start having impact on fashion after her wedding?
It's only after the wedding is she a working member of the BRF, so that's the relevant period, IMO
Old 07-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It's only after the wedding is she a working member of the BRF, so that's the relevant period, IMO
Actually that's not the case given the amount of impact she has had on some brands prior to her wedding. Nor has she been treated as anything other than a member of the BRF since her engagement. Case in point? She was seated ahead of Prince Andrew and Princess Anne at Commonwealth Service. She's worn the appropriate level of brands for the events she's attended since her wedding and before.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Actually that's not the case given the amount of impact she has had on some brands prior to her wedding. Nor has she been treated as anything other than a member of the BRF since her engagement. Case in point? She was seated ahead of Prince Andrew and Princess Anne at Commonwealth Service. She's worn the appropriate level of brands for the events she's attended since her wedding and before.
She was never a representative of HM before the wedding. At the said event, she was merely accompanying Prince Harry as his fiance
Old 07-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She was never a representative of HM before the wedding. At the said event, she was merely accompanying Prince Harry as his fiance
We are going down the road to technicality, and that does not reflect the reality of what she has done for UK and Commonwealth designers since her engagement.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:07 PM
Nobility

She looks great! The color and style are very flattering.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
We are going down the road to technicality, and that does not reflect the reality of what she has done for UK and Commonwealth designers since her engagement.
I think she has done a lot for Givenchy and Prada, but not for British business
Old 07-05-2018, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

She simply looks fabulous in that color, love the cut of the dress too very flattering.

Closed Thread