The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I think the stiletto heels look ridiculous, especially as the two other women are wearing sensible shoes.
I don't have a problem with the heels, but perhaps, open shoes may have been better in the weather.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

This is a really good silhouette on her. As for the shoes, it's not as if she's playing sports in high heels. As long as she can walk, which she seems to be able to from what I'm seeing, who cares. They look good.

But don't these people feel hot? I heard it's 100F in London today.

I have the same sunglasses, but in a different color. Were oversized sunglasses ever out of style? That's the only ones I wear. I find the smaller ones silly looking.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage05 View Post
The dress is cute but she really needs to learn how to do her hair or hire a better stylist
What’s wrong with her hair? Looks pretty tidy, and it’s certainly a sensible style for a day when the temperature is in the 90’s.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-26-2018, 09:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's not uncommon at all to see women in heels, pretty high ones, at polo matches (from what I have seen).

LaRae

The dress almost looks denim material to me.

LaRae
Old 07-26-2018, 09:56 AM
Nobility

She looks lovely - love the silhouette on her. Her hair is also looking nice and pretty imo. I actually think that she may have found the products that work for her over here.
They are also matching a little bit.

more pictures HERE
Old 07-26-2018, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
It has the denim look, but much softer material. I have a dress that's similar. You get the denim look without the hard and thick material.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I love everything except the purse. The oversized 'Jackie' style sunglasses seem to be making a comeback.

LaRae
To me, the oversized sunglasses are more Hollywood than Brirish Duchess. But that in itself is not inconsistent with her unwavering support for international designer wear that she wears.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
It has the denim look, but much softer material. I have a dress that's similar. You get the denim look without the hard and thick material.

Ah..I like it whatever it is. Considering the heat it's probably much cooler than denim.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
To me, the oversized sunglasses are more Hollywood than Brirish Duchess. But that in itself is not inconsistent with her unwavering support for international designer wear that she wears.

Someone better warn Kate then because she wears them oversized also...oversized sunglasses are worn all over the world by all kinds of women ..it's hardly just a thing done in one part of the US by one group of people.

LaRae
Old 07-26-2018, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The fabric is called chambray.

Quote:
Someone better warn Kate then because she wears them oversized also...oversized sunglasses are worn all over the world by all kinds of women ..it's hardly just a thing done in one part of the US by one group of people.

LaRae
Oversized sunglasses also offer more protection for your eyes. That's the main reason I wear them.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:31 AM
Majesty

I suppose everyone has a different definition of ‘oversized’. I agree with Lumutqueen. Meghan’s glasses look too big for her face.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

LaRae
Didn't know I was Hollywood.

Although, I've seen a lot aviator and smaller sunglasses from Hollywood too that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

What would be a "regal" style sunglasses btw?
Old 07-26-2018, 11:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
What would be a "regal" style sunglasses btw?
Diamond studded perhaps? Oh wait... that's Elton John. Nevermind.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
They are? I never thought we had Hollywood sunglasses and Royalty sunglasses I wonder what type of sunglasses are mine...
Sunglasses are worn by everyone, not matter the age, the gender, the social standing, financial status, among many others. There is no type associated with status.

BTW, I like Meghan's look. Love the dress, looks demin to me, but I know it's not. I like the shoes, but I'm not sure I like them with the dress, way to formal.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

LaRae
LoL, if I had the time and ability I would post pix of Royal women in oversized glasses.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I do wonder what people want her to do with it? She has shorter strands that will come out at times. It's not messy. I think it's obvious that she has decided not to go to a hair stylist everytime she needs to come out of the house. And there is nothing wrong with it.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I do wonder what people want her to do with it? She has shorter strands that will come out at times. It's not messy. I think it's obvious that she has decided not to go to a hair stylist everytime she needs to come out of the house. And there is nothing wrong with it.
What do people want her to do with it? Well, they will never be satisfied.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I think the stiletto heels look ridiculous, especially as the two other women are wearing sensible shoes.
I agree, wearing stilettos on turf is ridiculous (..) A sensible flat or block heel would be what a reasonable person would wear. The dress is too dark and somber for a summer day watching polo, also jmo.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Diamond studded perhaps? Oh wait... that's Elton John. Nevermind.
Sunglasses attached to a tiara.
Or sunglasses that are attached to a holder that you bring up to your face occasionally.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

LaRae
I very much think the same when I saw pictures of the dress, I love, just love this dress on her, the color, the cut, the style, the fabric, everything about this dress is perfect on Meghan and I would so love to have this dress. I have jeans of the same fabric I bet as the color looks the same as does the fabric. Her hair is also perfect today, no need to formal hair on a polo field, be comfortable in yourself is important I would think. Love the shoes and not crazy about the purse, wish she would go back to some nice held handbags yet both Harry and her look so in love, that is all that matters really!
Old 07-26-2018, 12:07 PM
Majesty

I like the sunglasses and have seen several royals wearing oversized ones. They'd probably laugh at the thought they are considered 'Hollywood'.

I'm no great fan of navy, but I love the retro look of this chambray dress. Meghan's hair is fine and I also like the shoes. She looks very happy, as well, good to see!

Closed Thread