The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

I kinda like this one...nice color and style.

LaRae

Today Duchess Meghan is wearing:

��Dress @HouseofNonie
��Shoes @Dior
�� Handbag @MulberryEngland (thanks to @HeavenQRF!) #meghanmarkle

Old 07-17-2018, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

I like this, with a couple of caveats. The color is one she wears well, and the style is good for the event. I'm very happy to see a neckline that is not a boat neck, and I like the way the collar frames her face. I'm less enthusiastic about the messy hair; I don't think it looks casual, it just looks as though she didn't care enough to make an effort. We've seen how wonderful her hair can look, and this is not wonderful.

Also, in the second photo posted, there is the potential for a lot of leg to be showing. A windy day, or a photographer standing in exactly the right position, and that has the possibility for some embarrassment.

Aside from that, though, it's a nice look. Not great, but very nice.

Old 07-17-2018, 07:49 AM
Nobility

I like today’s outfit. The blush pink really highlights her coloring. The style is chic and comfortable. Looking forward to pictures of the exhibit.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:50 AM
Courtier

Love that bag! The dress is meh to me.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the trench dress. A trench look is never out of style. I’m quite impressed with how well made and how it holds in the shape with the collar and everything. Burberry take note for your trench coat, it’s hasn’t been up to standard the last couple years I looked.

I would like to see her go back to the hair at the British embassy dinner. But I guess she’s decided she won’t use a hair stylist every time she has an engagement.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:04 AM
Serene Highness

I need to see video of this because that often changes my opinion for Meghan outfits, but from what I've seen this may be my least favorite look from her.

I think this needed to be shorter, the waist naturally shaped and tucked and more of a v-neck.

As always, I LOVE her purse.

The dress is House of Nonie which is Canadian. Clutch is Mulberry
Old 07-17-2018, 08:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quite a messy look. The trench looks 2 sizes too big (..)
Old 07-17-2018, 08:10 AM
Majesty

So, a Canadian design! I don't mind this dress at all, but I wish Meghan would try just a little colour. That yellow dress was lovely. Beige-pink doesn't really do it for me. Her hair is OK and I do like her bag.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:13 AM
Courtier

I really like the trench dress and the shoes and bag are lovely. Don't mind the hair at all either. This is a good look for me.
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I need to see video of this because that often changes my opinion for Meghan outfits, but from what I've seen this may be my least favorite look from her.

I think this needed to be shorter, the waist naturally shaped and tucked and more of a v-neck.

As always, I LOVE her purse.

The dress is House of Nonie which is Canadian. Clutch is Mulberry

There's quite a bit of video over on twitter.

LaRae
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Quite a messy look.

And shorter too going by the white pants from the other day.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I donít think this dress is too big. Itís not as fitted as the yellow dress, but I donít think itís supposed to.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Quite a messy look. The trench looks 2 sizes too big
Two sizes too big? Not at all. The dress fits her just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
There's quite a bit of video over on twitter.

LaRae
And as usual (for me) it looks even better in motion. A good summer look for a less formal engagement.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah I have criticized her clothing being to big before...but I don't think that is the case here. The design and material fit the way they are supposed to.

It looks really nice when she's moving. It would be more casual if it were shorter (knee or just above) and I don't think that would of been the right look for this event. Plus she can really wear this length today very well.

LaRae
Old 07-17-2018, 08:25 AM
Majesty

I donít know why people think by saying ďitís supposed to look that wayĒ or ďit fits just fineĒ really matters.

If someone thinks itís too big, itís too big. If you think the fit is fine, thatís good too.

Itís lik art. If I donít like the look of something, no amount of telling me the painting is a masterpiece is going to change anything.

Her hair looks like a mess. Well itís supposed to look that way. Oh well if itís supposed to look that way that makes itís ok.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

I like the length; Meghan wears the longer lengths (not super long trousers) very well. The fit seems appropriate to the style in this case, although I do like the more fitted dresses she's worn recently.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I donít know why people think by saying ďitís supposed to look that wayĒ or ďit fits just fineĒ really matters.

If someone thinks itís too big, itís too big. If you think the fit is fine, thatís good too.

Itís lik art. If I donít like the look of something, no amount of telling me the painting is a masterpiece is going to change anything.

Her hair looks like a mess. Well itís supposed to look that way. Oh well if itís supposed to look that way that makes itís ok.
Go ahead and dislike it. But by this argument, we also have to let Meghan and anyone else who like it to go ahead. There is no sense in trying to win over anyone's opinion. Just say IMO and ignore what other people have to say. Because they won't ever agree with you; just like you won't ever agree with them.

Sorry Mods, off topic, so delete if you need to.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:30 AM
Royal Highness

I don't like the hairstyle..I think it ages her and she should have worn it down instead.
Don't like the colour either...it looks beige and not blush pink as I've seen elsewhere.
The belt should be tied better as well.

On the plus side...I am glad she's wearing a Commonwealth designer and British bag.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

I am not a big fan of trenchcoat deigns but she looks nice in it. Love the bag. I like her casual, youthful style. Keep it up Meg! And the dress is one of her previously owned from when she lived in Toronto according to press. So this one is out her own pocket for those concerned.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks fine in it imo, but itís not a look I care for. I donít really like the tie belt either, but she favors them.

Looks like Meghan is wearing her own style of the coat dresses. Only sleeveless.

Closed Thread