The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
Meghan is looking relaxed and casual (except, Meghan, love, please fix that collar)!

Old 07-14-2018, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

she is drowning in that outfit,i like the bouse and the idea of the outfit but the result isn't successful its could be little better though if it's not tye baggy long silly pants

Old 07-14-2018, 04:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Those over-long pants are not only unattractive when they become filthy, but also dangerous!

Catch your heel in them, and you could break an ankle!

I'm surprised she didn't trip going up/down the steps!

LaRae
Old 07-14-2018, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

I have a very similar top in purple & white from from Anne Taylor, I believe. Maybe Talbot's. Not a fan of the wide legged trousers, but that is my own preference. Love the hat.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I love her blouse, but the pant color reads winter white to me and IMHO they're far too long.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:34 PM
Nobility

Oh, I loved her aesthetics today. I actually own the RL blouse (https://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/en/ben...rt-428258.html) she is wearing today(I think, at least) and it is so comfortable in the summer months. It's also on sale for 55 quids, so quite a great deal.

I wonder whether she was planing to wear heels that are a tad higher to balance out the length of her trousers. Either way, it should be probably shortened a bit.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I love the look. Very elegant, regal and beautiful.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Very classy and beautiful !
Old 07-14-2018, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Am I the only one that loves the wide leg look? And no, it’s not the bell bottom look. Not even close. I have a pair of pants that’s very similar to the black one Meghan wore to Brixton. I generally wore it with a tight top for contrast. . But once I saw how well it worked for Meghan in Brixtonc, I’ve actually started wearing it with looser tops. The key is the waist.

Btw, love Meghan rolling up the sleeves. I like that better than the sleeves down.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Am I the only one that loves the wide leg look? And no, itís not the bell bottom look. Not even close. I have a pair of pants thatís very similar to the black one Meghan wore to Brixton. I generally wore it with a tight top for contrast. . But once I saw how well it worked for Meghan in Brixtonc, Iíve actually started wearing it with looser tops. The key is the waist.

Btw, love Meghan rolling up the sleeves. I like that better than the sleeves down.
No you are not. I love the wide legged pants and I like them touching the floor. Her whole look was very elegant to me. I also loved Kate's look. I thought that they complemented each other very well.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the button up but the pants are too long. I think she looked great.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I love the button up but the pants are too long. I think she looked great.
I do agree with that. My favorite length for wide leg pants is for it to be just three-quarter of an inch or an inch above the ground with stilettos on. The heel peeking out just a little bit and the flow of the pants is gorg.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Hereís the thing. Iím not understanding how either of their outfits make them look anything other than Meghan and Kate. If I didnít know who they were, Iíd just assume they are dressed for Wimbledon. Same goes for the other royals that have attended.
Do dentists or accountants look like their jobs? Beats me. I really liked Meghan's ensemble and was hardly surprised to see her hat, burning is painful and very ageing. My only complaint is she did not wear any earrings. Doesn't she know it is impolite to go outside naked?

I was intrigued by the differing prices of her shirt from $45 to $590! Wow, that is quite some price range. Kind of makes you wonder . . .
Old 07-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Majesty

I certainly canít be accused of being a fashion expert but I know what I like and the length of Meghanís trousers looks ridiculous.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiEf-xCWkAAFnjX.jpg
Old 07-14-2018, 08:41 PM
Royal Highness

Jacqui
Now that sounds like a perfect look for those pants, just not dragging on the ground as they get so dirty and torn in places, who wants to drag dirt home on the bottom of your pants anyway.....just a tad sexier with a toe peeking out right....
Old 07-14-2018, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Do dentists or accountants look like their jobs? Beats me. I really liked Meghan's ensemble and was hardly surprised to see her hat, burning is painful and very ageing. My only complaint is she did not wear any earrings. Doesn't she know it is impolite to go outside naked?

I was intrigued by the differing prices of her shirt from $45 to $590! Wow, that is quite some price range. Kind of makes you wonder . . .
Funny you should mention that, I used to be an accountant. I can personally attest that this CPA and my fellow CPAs have a wide range of looks.

And yes, that's a big difference on the shirt. Regardless, both and the pants are sold out now.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I certainly canít be accused of being a fashion expert but I know what I like and the length of Meghanís trousers looks ridiculous.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiEf-xCWkAAFnjX.jpg
Good thing you aren't wearing them then! YOU know what you like and wear it! Meghan knows what she likes and wears it! Fashion and style are personal and subjective!
Old 07-14-2018, 09:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Good thing you aren't wearing them then! YOU know what you like and wear it! Meghan knows what she likes and wears it! Fashion and style are personal and subjective!
Back in my day(late 60ís early70ís) I had pants like that, we called them ďelephant pantsĒ.i wore them as jacqui24 and M Payton described with a peek of toe and heel.

Here, I not only agree with Rudolph, but add IMO, they look sloppy.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:17 PM
Royal Highness

To each his own! None of you have to wear it.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

The photo Rudolph is showing looks strange, lighting impacted in some way (the shadows to light are not crisp). In fact, other photos from the same time frame show perfectly clean hems, nothing amiss (with clear shadows to light). It's not like she is outside dragging across gravel and mud. I personally would not wear such pants but she likes them and they were definitely not dirty as is being suggested in that photo. Just saying.