The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 11:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think it too casual of an outfit....if you look around the audience you see a lot more casual outfits.

LaRae

Old 07-14-2018, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirilschatz View Post
I like her look today, very fresh for summer and matching with her dark hair.

As for the comment that she's looking like an actress and not a princess...
I think part of her IS still actress. It needs time to transform into a princess, that doesnt happen by a fingersnap.
Honestly, I don't see how a person can do the job the Royals do without being an actress or actor. They are just people so I am sure that like most people, they get bored with the endless small talk they have to make, but they have to act like they are interested.

Old 07-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't think it too casual of an outfit....if you look around the audience you see a lot more casual outfits.

LaRae
There are two dress-codes: for Royal Box and for other places.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

I actually like the length of the pants. They are purposely designed to be that long.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
There are two dress-codes: for Royal Box and for other places.

Even in the royal box. One of the ladies right behind them looks pretty casual.

laRae
Old 07-14-2018, 12:08 PM
Serene Highness

Meghan is dressed perfectly suitably for Wimbledon Royal box. I like the outfit. Its classy but relaxed, perfect for sporting event.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:29 PM
Courtier

The outfits today just show how different Meghan's and Kate's styles are, both are very "duchess" to me anyway.

Personally don't like the outfit today, every piece is lovely to me but they don't work well with the others, I am not sure why. And love her hat and bag.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think if she had worn a capri length wide pant it would of elevated the look. The hem dragging the ground drives me crazy. I love the purse she is carrying though!

LaRae
Old 07-14-2018, 12:35 PM
Courtier

I like everything about this but the pants length. I’m sure the long hem is on purpose, Meghan’s hardly the first I’ve seen wear wide-legged trousers this way, but it’s still unattractive on everyone I’ve seen try it

A belt would not have looked right with these pants. I am generally not a belt fan, though.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Courtier

I thought Meghan looked crisp and summery today. Personally, I don't care for the extra wide, extra long style on the trousers. I would have worn some that were more tailored. But I lived through the horrid extra wide bell bottoms of the late 1960's and 1970's.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Courtier

I actually love this look, and yes the pants are MADE to deliberately work this way. However, I agree with some that to polish off the look, a thin, slim blue belt would have been lovely. I also actually prefer her look with the sleeves of the shirt rolled up. The first set of pictures had me stumped because of the long sleeve of the shirt, but with it rolled up to the elbows, I think it finishes off the look.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

I love the combination of blue stripes with white, especially wide blue stripes, but I'm not loving this look. The trousers seem too wide, and the bottoms dragging on the ground is never something that is good, as far as I am concerned. When I saw the first photos I thought this was going to be one of my favorite outfits for Meghan, but the more photos I looked at, the less I liked it. It all looks too big and too floppy. Put that blouse (gorgeous) with a different pair of trousers or a pencil skirt, and my impression would be totally different.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I love the combination of blue stripes with white, especially wide blue stripes, but I'm not loving this look. The trousers seem too wide, and the bottoms dragging on the ground is never something that is good, as far as I am concerned. When I saw the first photos I thought this was going to be one of my favorite outfits for Meghan, but the more photos I looked at, the less I liked it. It all looks too big and too floppy. Put that blouse (gorgeous) with a different pair of trousers or a pencil skirt, and my impression would be totally different.
I agree! or pick a fitter blouse for the beautiful wide trousers (with a better length).
Old 07-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Courtier

I actually love the “floppiness.” It looks more modern than to me than a tailored version would
Old 07-14-2018, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I think if she had worn a capri length wide pant it would of elevated the look. The hem dragging the ground drives me crazy. I love the purse she is carrying though!

LaRae
Other than the hem lines I thought she looked perfect. I especially love the way protects her complexion.

She seems to instinctively give precedence to her sister in law which is of course exactly as it should be.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-14-2018, 01:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Other than the hem lines I thought she looked perfect. I especially love the way protects her complexion.

She seems to instinctively give precedence to her sister in law which is of course exactly as it should be.

She didn't put the hat on though! Must of been overcast.

I like the blouse...just can't like those pants. It was lovely to see them together and having a good time. I'm sure she's got the protocol about precedence ..I noticed in one clip she was quick to put her hand up to block the v of her neckline..smart!

LaRae
Old 07-14-2018, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like her outfit with the exception of the pants. These super wide 70´s style trouser trend needs to die ASAP
Old 07-14-2018, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Too casual? This is not 'the royal box at Ascot' its Wimbledon, royal box or not. One part of dressing the part of a royal is understanding how to dress for each event.

I think people get stuck in the mindset- pants are casual. Skirts are formal. There is nothing more casual about this look then say Pipppa's little house on the Prairie dress yesterday. Simply because it is pants.

I love the new hat. The style suits her and I always love a proper hat.

Top is cute, and I even love the pants with it.

The pants need to be hemmed though. I know the feeling, all my pants always need hemming.
Old 07-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Meghan looked great today. I really like her shirt - I would get one myself if the price was kinder to my wallet!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-14-2018, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I like the blouse...just can't like those pants.
LaRae

Those over-long pants are not only unattractive when they become filthy, but also dangerous!

Catch your heel in them, and you could break an ankle!

Closed Thread