The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope this is the beginning of color. So so soooo good.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:17 PM
Gentry

Wow, just wow.
I love neutral colors myself, simply adore them, but this yellow dress... Ugh I wish I could pull color as this, but with my grey skin I would look like walking corpse in sunshine

Old 07-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Can’t stand the dress. Also I really wish she’d ditch the come hither looks.

Lady GaGa’s stylist. I’m not surprised.
So shocked to hear you say that.

She looks awesome and the yellow is gorgeous with her coloring.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Gentry

Quote:

Lady GaGa’s stylist. I’m not surprised.
Huh? What about this dress says "Lady GaGa style"? Meat? Latex? Seriously, this dress is anti-Lady GaGa, it's something congresswoman would dress on summer charity event.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenys View Post
Huh? What about this dress says "Lady GaGa style"? Meat? Latex? Seriously, this dress is anti-Lady GaGa, it's something congresswoman would dress on summer charity event.
Daenys, don't waste your breath. I think some people forget that Gaga wears a ton of designers, and he just happens to be one of them. I.E. McQueen, but the OG would have never stated what they did about the DoC.

Anyway, don't want to get off topic. The dress looks nice on her. I am a neutral person, and this shade of mustard yellow or golden yellow is the only colour I allow in my grey palette.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if this bun will become her go to updo?

I confess, unpopular opinion, I miss her messy buns ��
Old 07-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

She looks great! Simple sheath...great color on her. Nice sleek hair/bun..I can't even tell if she has earrings on...very nice. LOVE that she's wearing bright color!

LaRae
Old 07-05-2018, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
I wonder if this bun will become her go to updo?

I confess, unpopular opinion, I miss her messy buns ��
I'll join you in the corner. I prefer the messy bun because it softened her look. This look works when she's wearing a hat but comes off a bit harsh without it. I think her hair for the evening wedding reception or HMQ's Bday concert was probably the best of both worlds.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think the colour of Meghan's dress is beautiful and this is finished by her lovely bun. I love the bright, summary feel of her dress (which I agree is refreshing considering that Meghan seems to prefer darker and neutral colours) and yellow really suits her.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-05-2018, 01:58 PM
Serene Highness

YIPEE, color color color!!!
Old 07-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dress gets the job done. The color is outstanding on her skin tone.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

It is nice to see Meghan branching out to a bright color. Nice basic sheath dress, maybe a tad long for my taste for that style, but she looks very nice. I hope she continues to experiment with color.

(..)
Old 07-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Meghan in yellow dress by Brandon Maxwell at Your Commonwealth event.

https://twitter.com/MeghanMaven/stat...14271929659392

Love the look. Very simple yet bold.
Love this look. Simple, Classic, etc...…..

This look & dress will NEVER go out of style. She is correct, Less is More.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Courtier

Lord I LOVE that yellow dress! The length is so sleek, perfect and regal on her - love the neckline too. Perfect, simple but chic dress.

Yes.

And of course - who couldn't love that color! Meghan and I are similar skintones (I'm slightly darker - nearer to her mother's winter skintone), and yellow looks great on me too (I think).

Love it.

I wasn't as big a fan of the eyelet polo dress (mostly because of the white/tan color) but liked the style of the dress. And it was kinda nice to see her fedora hat back in action - did she wear that hat with the white shirt/jeans casual look later on at the polo match? Even though the eyelet dress wasn't my cup of tea (although the style and shape of it was), I DID like seeing her original style peeking through... she threw very California Chic vibes. I liked seeing that.

Yay Meghan!!

Oh - but I'm joining others in the corner about the severe hair buns - I wish she could find a happy medium between the two even though I know how hard that is with layered hair.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

What a beautiful yellow dress, and how gorgeous and classy does Meghan look wearing it! A huge win for me!
Old 07-05-2018, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
She looks great! Simple sheath...great color on her. Nice sleek hair/bun..I can't even tell if she has earrings on...very nice. LOVE that she's wearing bright color!

LaRae
I read on the Mad About Meghan blog that she is wearing Adina Reyter 14k Gold Three Diamond Amigos Curve Earrings.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I will withhold my final comments until I see more pictures, but so far, I like the dress. Simple and elegant and in a color that is lovely on her.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Shift dresses are a good choice for Meghan, I like the colour. But the hairstyle is still underwhelming, middle parting is not Meghan's friend and the bun is not professionally made. And the looks lacks some proper earrings.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Really too bad she didn’t wear a British or Commonwealth designer.
I agree. Lovely as the dress is, I find it very, very disappointing that this lady continues to fail to support British and Commonwealth fashion.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree. Lovely as the dress is, I find it very, very disappointing that this lady continues to fail to support British and Commonwealth fashion.

She literally revived some UK brands in the past 6 months. She has shown plenty of support for UK brands km the past 7-9 months since she was engaged.

Closed Thread