Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
It was black. Dior describes this dress as black in their press release
Then something is wrong with my eyesight...because it clearly was navy to me!:

Old 07-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It was black. Dior describes this dress as black in their press release
I know they said it was black but there was a clear picture where it was navy/blueish. I'm confused why they say its black.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
It looked navy to me as well. Considering how well that matched her Stephen Jones hat and that was an obvious navy against her hair.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

This outfit doesn't look right for this place
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TO-qKvlPu...1600/imp65.jpg
Old 07-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Why? Honest question--what is wrong with her black suit?
Old 07-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Exactly, there is nothing wrong with a black suit...maybe it would have been viewed better if she wore a skirt instead of pants?

Old 07-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I know they said it was black but there was a clear picture where it was navy/blueish. I'm confused why they say its black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
It looked navy to me as well. Considering how well that matched her Stephen Jones hat and that was an obvious navy against her hair.
I agree, the hat definitely looked navy against her hair and the dress had a navy/dark blue cast to it as well.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Why? Is it just because you think she should have worn a dress or skirt? Or is there a different problem with this particular outfit for this particular place? I've seen a few complaints about the fact that Harry didn't have on a tie when they visited this memorial so I'm assuming that people think they didn't look appropriately serious, professional, or concerned/sad?
Old 07-12-2018, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Exactly, there is nothing wrong with a black suit...maybe it would have been viewed better if she wore a skirt instead of pants?
I honestly don't think so. She had to have an outfit that's versatile enough for all the locations. It had to be light enough for a sport complex with children, and it had to be somber enough for the famine memorial. And to me, that was the right balance with the simple pants and then a little bit of a play on design on the jacket and t-shirt underneath.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
No! There was something wrong with Dior's media release. The garment that was the basis for the BESPOKE navy dress was black.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Excellent points Jacqui24!

That's what I thought as well but I was curious why Spheno thought otherwise that's why I asked if a skirt would have made the difference.

There's a lot to think about when you doing royal engagements back to back.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
To me her heels stand out (again): as most of the time, she isn't standing up straight; her ankles/shoes are turned to the outside (from the front that's is normally most visible on her left foot).
Old 07-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Excellent points Jacqui24!

That's what I thought as well but I was curious why Spheno thought otherwise that's why I asked if a skirt would have made the difference.

There's a lot to think about when you doing royal engagements back to back.
Yea. I know a lot of people will probably feel that she didn't give it enough thought by wearing black, but I actually thought that was a very well-thought out outfit given how many and the spectrum of events they attended that day. I personally don't think it would've been very appropriate for her to wear anything other than muted colors or even the RM dress from the morning to the famine memorial. That would offend me (and I'm not even Irish).

And that's another thing. I feel like a lot of times criticism of the outfit comes in without consideration of the events as well. It seems that there is a disconnect between the two and there shouldn't be.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Can we talk about her shoes really quick?

I don't know how she can stand on those heels all day...of course...its not like she is working a retail job in them or anything like that.

I used to wears heels all the time, now I dread them!

Old 07-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Outfit looks ok to me—but the shoes remind me when I was a little girl playing with my mum’s high heels having to squinch my toes to keep them on!
Old 07-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

I thought she threaded the needle very carefully on this one. The black suit had to cover a lot of different ground, from active and more casual, to very solemn and serious. I can't think of anything else she could have worn that would have been more appropriate, considering that she wasn't in control of the schedule and sequence of events and there was clearly no opportunity to change.

What I actually found a bit more odd and unfortunate (also not in her control) was the juxtaposition of the visit to the Famine memorial and lunch, which seemed....strange, and at best ironic.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Can we talk about her shoes really quick?

I don't know how she can stand on those heels all day...of course...its not like she is working a retail job in them or anything like that.

I used to wears heels all the time, now I dread them!
Someone from the walkabout said they complimented her on being able to navigate the cobblestone streets in Dublin in stilettos. She laughed and said she tries.

I used to be able to wear stilettos to my retail job where I was required to stand about 8 hours a shift when I was younger (the stilettos are for me, they aren't a requirement). But now? Nah, I'll wear them when I'm in the office, but if I know I will be doing some walking around to different buildings, I'm changing to wedges. But man, nothing ever beats those beauties in looks department for me.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:51 PM
Administrator

I love a good wedge!

I have worked retail as well...and it does a number on your feet. That's for sure.

Yes, I met someone who told me her sister/cousin used to wear stiletto's for a long period of time for years...eventually it affected her back. She can no longer wear them.

It will be interesting to see if Meghan's views on stiletto's changes as well as she becomes more active with her engagements. They are beautiful shoes though.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
To me her heels stand out (again): as most of the time, she isn't standing up straight; her ankles/shoes are turned to the outside (from the front that's is normally most visible on her left foot).
She’s standing on uneven cobblestones. If she has a structural problem with her feet and ankles—which I doubt—-then good on her for being brave and strong enough to continue wearing the fabulous shoes she wears. Even professional models are occasionally awkward in their stance, and some of them even fall down on the runway.

She seems to have excellent posture regardless of how her feet may appear to some.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

All that yoga she does has to help too.

LaRae

Closed Thread