The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 07:27 AM
Courtier

I'm not crazy about the color of the Roland Mouret dress (I'm a fan of RM though so I like it) but I couldn't care less about her not wearing "summer colors." I actually like that she isn't so predictable with her fashion or always wearing what people expect her to.

The pants are back! And I love this particular ensemble. She looks great.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

I really want to like the dress...I love the color and shape except I don't like the hanging fabric and the top is just a mess....not an attractive look there.

I like the trouser suit. I would of liked to see her wear a lower heel or different type of shoe with it but whatever.

LaRae

Old 07-11-2018, 07:44 AM
Courtier

The dress is very similar to the blue one she wore on wedding eve. I like that one a little more but this one is good too. The chest area is a bit distracting but I think that's more an undergarment issue than the dress itself.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Roland Mouret this morning proper pictures:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...lin-visit.html

Stylish suit for Croke Park.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

DM up to their usual misleading shenanigan I see. Those earrings were first debuted right before her wedding, and thus a borrow for her work wardrobe from her personal collection and didn’t cost the taxpayers anything.

Anyways, I like the trouser suit. The pants are simple and a filler top allowed it to be more fun and event appropriate considering where they are.

As for the RM dress. I like the design and material used. It was devine to see it close enough to really see the material. I don’t really care for the color, but it looks fine on her. It seems that Meghan is pulling off a few colors that most people wouldn’t do well with. This and the olive green. Good for her for not shying away from colors that are difficult.

I still think the Dior dress is one of my all time favorite from her.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

I'll be the outlier here: I love the Roland Mouret dress, including the taupe color. After watching the videos of her in it, I love the way it moves, and the color is subtle (and will be appropriate for multiple seasons, so she can get lots of use out of it.) The one thing I don't care for is the way her strapless bra clearly shows through in some of the video/photographs. It's one of the problems associated with that oh-so-flattering bateau neckline: your choice is strapless or none at all and in this case the particular underpinnings she chose didn't play well with the fabric of the dress.

Otherwise, I adore this dress!

The black suit is fine; it looks good, it suits the engagement, it's black. Fine.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan wears £17,000 wardrobe in just three hours in Dublin | Daily Mail Online

The DM are on her case. Will be interesting to watch this develop over the next year or so.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

The DM are on her case. Will be interesting to watch this develop over the next year or so.
Well, it's the DM: it's what they do. They have done the same to DoCam, too, so ho hum. I agree that it will be interesting to see what level of hysteria they will manage to whip up over the next year, since with the currently scheduled upcoming tours there will be lots of new clothes to get in a lather over.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:40 AM
Royal Highness

Love the dress Meghan wore this morning. Unfortunately, the large handbag is just a distraction.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The duchess is getting a lot of coverage here on the media and a lot of fashion experts discussing her style,I think the last Princess in Ireland to get such attention was the late Princess Grace of Monaco.

Another nice look today for the visit to the President and back into Dublin,hope her dress didn't get any dog hairs from the 1st visit!
Old 07-11-2018, 08:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I'll be the outlier here: I love the Roland Mouret dress, including the taupe color. After watching the videos of her in it, I love the way it moves, and the color is subtle (and will be appropriate for multiple seasons, so she can get lots of use out of it.) The one thing I don't care for is the way her strapless bra clearly shows through in some of the video/photographs. It's one of the problems associated with that oh-so-flattering bateau neckline: your choice is strapless or none at all and in this case the particular underpinnings she chose didn't play well with the fabric of the dress.

Otherwise, I adore this dress!

The black suit is fine; it looks good, it suits the engagement, it's black. Fine.
I'll be an outlier with you and say that I absolutely adore this dress. (Love when people use Stat. analogies). Not withstanding the undergarment issue, this is a fantastic piece.

P.S. I'm subscribed to the Strathberry VIP section as I have a few pieces (pieces I had from when they first launched on Kickstarter a few years ago). I just viewed their AW2018 pre-sale collection, and I'm in bag heaven. I'm hoping to see the DoS with a few of their pieces for Autumn and Winter. I'm off to order 2 for myself.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the trouser outfit better than the gray.

I think she wears black better than gray for one thing. But- much as I love the bateau neckline- I overall didn’t think the top part of the dress worked for her. The skirt I liked.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Very nice working suit.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-11-2018, 09:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
I'll be an outlier with you and say that I absolutely adore this dress. (Love when people use Stat. analogies). Not withstanding the undergarment issue, this is a fantastic piece.
Can I join y’all? I loved the look myself as well!
Old 07-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

Yes, I hope that Meghan does as other royals have, and starts mixing designer pieces with some items from the high street that are more affordable.
Otherwise the critcism will escalate.

I do like the gray dress, though.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Yes, I hope that Meghan does as other royals have, and starts mixing designer pieces with some items from the high street that are more affordable.
Otherwise the critcism will escalate.

I do like the gray dress, though.
There are some engagements where it'll happen. But for these more high profile visits, these are appropriate.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:00 AM
Courtier

*sigh* Let's begin with the good....so far her styles in Ireland have been of a flattering shape and appear to fit well which I very much appreciate after the earlier "oversized" styles. The only thing that didn't seem to fit well was the top of the taupe dress and I, like most of you, suspect that's more of an undergarment issue so easily fixed.

But the bad...the colors. Again. I had such high hopes after the last few days but we're back to black and taupe. For everything. I could understand throwing in a taupe or black outfit here and there but when that's all we've seen for the last two days, minus the dark green, over multiple outfit changes and events...ugh. I'm a bit surprised by the garden party dress...it seemed a bit casual and I was surprised that there was no hat but then again, I'm not at all sure what other attendees were wearing so maybe it was perfect for the occasion. I'm just basing my opinion off of what is worn to the BP garden parties and that look, while nice, wouldn't have been appropriate for those.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I'm a bit surprised by the garden party dress...it seemed a bit casual and I was surprised that there was no hat but then again, I'm not at all sure what other attendees were wearing so maybe it was perfect for the occasion. I'm just basing my opinion off of what is worn to the BP garden parties and that look, while nice, wouldn't have been appropriate for those.
It was only a garden party in that it was in the garden. The British Embassy twitter has called it a reception at times. No one else was wearing hats and all in cocktail dresses. It was a lot later in the day than a traditional garden party.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Hi Heather- I've seen similar more relaxed looks (no hats) on Kate and Camilla when they attend garden parties outside the UK. So the cocktail style wear seemed appropriate to me.

First day looks for arrival and the garden party were great yesterday.

Today's taupe dress really is . This is the one outfit from Meghan that I've just disliked from the get go. Jacket and slacks for outdoor engagements are just fine.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I'm a bit surprised by the garden party dress...it seemed a bit casual and I was surprised that there was no hat but then again, I'm not at all sure what other attendees were wearing so maybe it was perfect for the occasion. I'm just basing my opinion off of what is worn to the BP garden parties and that look, while nice, wouldn't have been appropriate for those.
I think it was more a cocktail party in a garden setting than a true "Garden Party." The little black dress was perfectly appropriate. A hat would not have been appropriate.

So was the dress today taupe or dark grey? In various photos it changed color and I have seen it described as both colors.

Closed Thread