The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

the two outfits of today are great
i find the green one very intersting very proffisional yet elegant loved her hairdo do nice change
the Dior dress is to die for pefect cut pretty neckline i just love everything about this dress and the Duchess looks divine although i am not fan of the head piece.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I just wanted too add that I loved the hat Meghan wore to the navy event. I feel it's a good display of what can occur when a fascinator works. Additionally she looked stunning in the navy ensemble and like a regal star. As for British designers, I feel 2 women like Meghan and Kate should wear the dame designers if they like what they are selling. Neither is a clothes snob and they both have thin body types. No reason both women can't wear McQueen, Dior, or Wal Mart.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Big fashion day for Meghan, wow.

Her navy dress was fantastic. Such a great cut on her. Her hair was lovely

I love she is not sticking to Treacy, but I do prefer the Treacy as they were full hats. Never a fan of fascinators including this one. And I wish she had added a brooch to the dress.

The green was sleek and professional. Perfect for arrival in Ireland

I like though her clothes were foreign, she makes sure to include accessories from the UK/commonwealth
Old 07-10-2018, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenPenny View Post
Now that I am seeing pictures of the other family members (both royal born & married-ins), I think Meghan may be overdressed. Princess Anne's skirt & Meghan's dress look more party wear to my eyes. Maybe in person it is different.

Exactly what I thought. To me, it looked as though Megan and princess Anne were going to a cocktail party. However, very good full skirt and bateau neck dress. I LOVE the green sweater and skirt. The pockets on the skirt just make it. My fave outfit of hers so far. Really it is that her hair is neat, no fiddling with it, that has me so happy. She learns fast, we have to see her face.

Speaking of British designers, why can’t she wear emerging designers, ones we have never heard of, that would be so much better.

michelle obama did it and princess Mary does it
Old 07-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Speaking of British designers, why can’t she wear emerging designers, ones we have never heard of, that would be so much better.
She can and she has in the past. However, there are certain events where you just don't go that route. At least not immediately. I can see her working gradually to it working with a up and coming designer over time, but not this early on.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
michelle obama did it and princess Mary does it
For day events that works. But when it comes to some of the evening events, the gowns require a level of detail and expertise. Many 'new up and coming' designers just don't have that yet.

Meghan is also new in the country. It will take her time to get to know some of the designers out there.

We have already seen her go with some lesser known like the Welsh jeans. Or choosing to go with Jones and not Treacy.

Quote:
Exactly what I thought. To me, it looked as though Megan and princess Anne were going to a cocktail party. However, very good full skirt and bateau neck dress. I LOVE the green sweater and skirt. The pockets on the skirt just make it. My fave outfit of hers so far. Really it is that her hair is neat, no fiddling with it, that has me so happy. She learns fast, we have to see her face.
A cocktail party If she wore that to an evening event, people would have called her under dressed.

The only thing remotely evening was the darker color. And darker color can be worn in the day time, when styled correctly.

Meghan is wearing what many women her age opt for, a transitional dress. A dress that can be worn for either an evening or day look. A simple matter of styling (hair, accessories, shoes and so on), could make it an evening look or a day look.

One doesn't need to wear a coat dress to church.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
For day events that works. But when it comes to some of the evening events, the gowns require a level of detail and expertise. Many 'new up and coming' designers just don't have that yet.

Meghan is also new in the country. It will take her time to get to know some of the designers out there.

We have already seen her go with some lesser known like the Welsh jeans. Or choosing to go with Jones and not Treacy.
And Strathberry, which seems to be one of her favorite day bag brands.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing I think Meghan may be doing (notice I say *may*) is amassing a working wardrobe with pretty minimalistic, solid color dresses (yellow, navy, olive green, blush etc) that can be the base of different looks depending on how she accessorizes them. Take the navy dress for example. Easy to mix it up with red or white or any other color. With a basic style of a dress, one can even add a blazer or jacket to them.

I'm getting the feeling that we've not seen the last of these dresses. She'll recycle them but each time making them look like a different outfit. I'm really wondering just how big her closet is at Nott Cott or does she have storage space for clothing in KP? I know that years ago, there was a specific room for all of Diana's clothes and gowns.
Exactly what I was starting to think: Meghan is assembling a basic wardrobe. Also was wondering where all the hats and shoes and jewelry, not to mention the clothes themselves, are being kept. Maybe at KP Kate is helping out and letting Meghan use some of her closet space? Might there be a general 'costume closet' kind of deal? The logistics of all those clothes is not a minor matter.

Then it occurred to me: where might the clothes be housed if the Sussex do indeed wind up having a country home/house? I can see where having a wardrobe mistress is not a frivolous expense. At this level it could be seen as a necessity.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

First pictures from this morning:

https://twitter.com/royalreporter/st...599829505?s=21
Old 07-11-2018, 05:15 AM
Royal Highness

Just from that tiny picture I can say I do *not* like this dress, the color is horrible....dark and dreary and dreadful! And it is summer for heaven's sake!
Old 07-11-2018, 05:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

More here± Prince Harry and Meghan arrive to meet Irish leader Michael Higgins | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-11-2018, 05:42 AM
Courtier

I know she likes the bateau neckline (so do I) but imo she needs better bras... the chest area today and the black Dior yesterday both look weird
Old 07-11-2018, 05:44 AM
Majesty

(..)This one's in taupe, apparently. As a gal who enjoys colour (me) that is not a favourite. However it looks well cut and it might grow on me. Love the dogs!
Old 07-11-2018, 05:47 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I love the style but yes, the top part deserves better undergarments/tailoring.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:07 AM
Royal Highness

Love the style...not the colour! Earrings are divine and we finally see better photos of them! Best part of the outfit IMO!
Old 07-11-2018, 06:17 AM
Courtier

As a professional working woman in NYC, I freaking love this morning's look. Very sleek and streamlined. This entire ensemble is something that I would wear to work, including bag and shoes. I would just change the neckline for ME, because Bateau necklines does absolutely nothing for those of us who were blessed with "more" on top. I understand the complaint about Taupe in summer, but this to me screams "I mean business."

To the undergarment issue. I think this is because of her chosen silhouette. She wears bateuas which call for strapless bras. Just by examining the pics, it looks to be a balconette strapless slip which means that it goes from the bust and then flows into a slip. It's only when she moves in a certain way that you can see the outline, but otherwise I don't find it an issue.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I love this grey dress.... I will say it once more ; perfect !
Old 07-11-2018, 06:37 AM
Majesty

Meghan changed into a trouser suit to visit Croke Park Dublin, a sports ground.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Old 07-11-2018, 06:43 AM
Courtier

I love this gal's everyday work wear. And I want those shoes and that blouse and blazer. Will skip the pants as I don't have the legs for those. Even here, I'm not sure about the cut of the pants on the DoS, but overall very appropriate work wear.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:11 AM
Royal Highness

black, dark, black, dark... it's summer, girl!!!

Closed Thread