The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what I think about her look today yet...I need a better view. I love the shirt...just not sure I love the shirt with the pant/skirt (?) she's wearing.

LaRae

Wide leg trousers

I love the look, so cool and elegant. It's not too dissimilar to the line judges and umpire ladies' outfits!

This is a very sharp look. Love the stripes. It says a pencil skirt in the article! I think it's very appropriate for an afternoon at Wimbledon.

Hmmm I think those trousers need a different top. I like them separately but not as an outfit. They are too different or something.

LaRae

Looking good, Megs.

One quibble is if she’d hem those pants just half an inch. Good to see her Panama hat again!!

Last edited:
So only actresses wear white wide-legged pants when watching the tennis? So much for my daughter, a nurse, who wore much the same sort of thing at the Aussie Open this year!

Last edited:
In general, I like the look. However, I do think she would have totally nailed it if the pants were tailored and not such a wide leg. A hem would have helped, too.

She looks as an actress at Wimbledon (not a princess)
(..)

The fact is Meghan is a princess (Princess Henry), a royal duchess, a countess and a baroness. She is wearing a style that she likes and showing she is not going to copy Kate. And that is fine.

I like her look today, very fresh for summer and matching with her dark hair.

As for the comment that she's looking like an actress and not a princess...
I think part of her IS still actress. It needs time to transform into a princess, that doesnt happen by a fingersnap.

Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex in Royal Box at Wimbledon. Those who say Meghan looks like a line Judge are wrong. Her blouse is white with blue stripes. The line judges shirts are blue with white stripes.

Via David Brown (The Times)

:lol:

Last edited:
The fact is Meghan is a princess (Princess Henry), a royal duchess, a countess and a baroness. She is wearing a style that she likes and showing she is not going to copy Kate. And that is fine.

Here’s the thing. I’m not understanding how either of their outfits make them look anything other than Meghan and Kate. If I didn’t know who they were, I’d just assume they are dressed for Wimbledon. Same goes for the other royals that have attended.

Fantastic, modern and fresh and showing that she is not going to be a carbon copy of the Duchess of Cambridge! Good for Meghan being herself and keeping her own style!

I like the striped shirt.

BUT- I hate when pants drag on the ground, the bottoms end up filthy and tattered!

Duchesses of Cambridge and Sussex in Royal Box at Wimbledon. Those who say Meghan looks like a line Judge are wrong. Her blouse is white with blue stripes. The line judges shirts are blue with white stripes.

Via David Brown (The Times)

:lol:

Well now that is being pedantic.
It's the trousers that are very different both in cut and colour [emoji1]

Trousers of 1700 pounds and they are too long? Surely it should be possible to make sure they have the perfect length for that price?!

Just realized that in 2016, Meghan was a guest of Ralph Lauren and watched Serena play at Wimbledon! It was also a female friend who worked for Ralph Lauren who introduced Meghan and Harry! Nice tribute by Meghan wearing Ralph Lauren today not only as a romantic connection but as an American watching a great African American tennis player and friend compete.

The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 2: July 2018 -

I like the striped top.

I like white pants- very summery. I don’t like these white pants. They’re dragging on the ground and are entirely too baggy. She wears super baggy pants better than most would, but I still don’t care for these. A belt would have helped too.

Last edited:
Absolutely *nothing* wrong with this outfit except the length of the pants. I have worn something like this very similar around town shopping and out with friends. And I have a royal blue and white stripe blouse by Ralph Lauren just like Meghan's and only it cost around $60 and is pure cotton, how does one pay that much for the same blouse as mine.....wasteful there. Only thing to finish off the outfit is a thin royal blue belt for that would make the outfit looked finished.

:previous: You should probably have said there are two things wrong with the outfit ;) (or three if you include the price next to the length of pants and missing belt)

I have worn something like this very similar around town shopping and out with friends.

Perfect for "around town shopping and out with friends", but IMO, perhaps a tad casual for the Royal Box at Wimbledon.

:previous:
No, not a *tad causal* at all, it is perfect as I said except for the length of pants as you can use this for anything, even a tennis match (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom