The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 11:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It is not the rule..she has worn plenty of Commonwealth brands during the engagement ...no I don't conveniently dismiss that part. She's going to eventually wear Commonwealth brands again, we may even see some later today and tomorrow.

LaRae
Not many since the wedding, when she started to appear as a rep of the BRF!

Old 07-10-2018, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Not many since the wedding, when she started to appear as a rep of the BRF!
Again we are back to technically when the reality is her effect on British and commonwealth fashion started well before then. And BRF has certainly treated her as a rep since before her wedding. And since then, I think the dresses for the garden party and the youth event are the only ones that are not bespoken (and really the only events that didn't call for bespoken). I'm not sure why it even matters when she wears bespoken as those that rushes to buy the same aren't going to do the same.

And btw, I do the notice the uproar happens much more with clothing than jewelry. Many members of the BRF owns quite a few pieces from French jewelers (even some pieces from the vault), why isn't that an issue?

Old 07-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Royal Highness

Good Grief everyone, are we headed to getting this thread closed all because of Meghan wearing something that is not British? Please take the time to breath and think before you post here......

Does anyone think Meghan is stupid or what? Of course she will wear clothes by British designers and elsewhere......after all aren't most clothes today made in the Orient......and shipped elsewhere.....
Old 07-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Again we are back to technically when the reality is her effect on British and commonwealth fashion started well before then. And BRF has certainly treated her as a rep since before her wedding. And since then, I think the dresses for the garden party and the youth event are the only ones that are not bespoken (and really the only events that didn't call for bespoken). I'm not sure why it even matters when she wears bespoken as those that rushes to buy the same aren't going to do the same.

And btw, I do the notice the uproar happens much more with clothing than jewelry. Many members of the BRF owns quite a few pieces from French jewelers (even some pieces from the vault), why isn't that an issue?
Re the jewellery, a lot of it is either historic or received as gifts.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Wait, hold on. I always thought Roland Mouret as more of a French designer,

Pardon my fashion ignorance, but isn’t he French?
Old 07-10-2018, 11:29 AM
Royal Highness

This is seriously getting ridiculous now, should everyone go through the entire country and get rid of everything that is not British? How about the very craftsmen who made the country great to begin with that came from other countries to settle in England and help make it into what it is today? This idea and grip about Meghan not wearing British clothes is going so far off topic here and I am sure the mods are waiting in the background to delete and close this thread. Then will some be happy campers here or not................
Old 07-10-2018, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
If foreign brands were the exception, my comments could potentially be seen as tedious who don't see the point. In this case, it is the rule with Meghan.
Considering she has been a royal for less than two months, this is quite a leap, especially once we also factor in the British brands she has worn since the engagement announcement.

The whole debate is premature to me and not really worth as much attention as some want to give it. Maybe I'll feel differently in a few months, after she's actually done a variety of engagements.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:37 AM
Serene Highness

Less than two months into the royal role, imho it's way too premature to say anything about what's a rule for Meghan re clothes. Just moments ago people were crying how she NEVER wears colour. She has been a working royal less than two months! Let's see after a year, or at least 6 months, and then write percentage lists.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Pardon my fashion ignorance, but isn’t he French?
He is. He does have strong ties to London as he's done shows there years ago and set up his first flagship store there. But I don't really think he'd be considered British fashion by any means like the article suggested. If he can be considered French, CWK for Givenchy shouldn't be a problem at all, but the article goes on to talk about Meghan and Givenchy without mentioning that CWK is a premier British designer.

This has to be the most sensational picture for the dress! And that says a lot because I thought it looked amazing earlier.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...04089009385473
Old 07-10-2018, 11:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
This has to be the most sensational picture for the dress! And that says a lot because I thought it looked amazing earlier.

Ohhh, the dress looks even more delicious in this picture. Pure elegance. I can't believe I'm getting this excited over a day dress, but it's gorgeous.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Had the same thought when I saw this pic. It's a beautiful dress. I love it.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

She set the bar high this morning, I hope it keeps going for the rest of the day.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
So here is a question for those of you who are dismayed by Meghan's dresses by American and French design houses. Who do you suggest she patronize?

Jacqui made an excellent point here--

Unless Meghan patronizes Kate's go to labels (McQueen, Packham, Catherine Walker) there don't seem to be a lot of choices for bespoke dresses--Stella McCartney and Victoria Beckham?

Goat, Erdem, Temperley, Beulah London, Madderson London, L.K. Bennett, Hobbs, Mulberry?

Kate does not have a monopoly on these labels as Sophie, Eugenie and Beatrice wear them as well. Hopefully Meghan will choose to wear these UK labels in the future.
I did like today's bespoke Dior dress today. It reminded me of something that Lady Sarah Chatto would choose.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

She's in Green!
Old 07-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Kate does not have a monopoly on these labels as Sophie, Eugenie and Beatrice wear them as well. Hopefully Meghan will choose to wear these UK labels in the future.
I did like today's bespoke Dior dress today. It reminded me of something that Lady Sarah Chatto would choose.
No, of course not. And I'm sure eventually Meghan will wear clothing from those labels. But to start off with them might invite comparisons even more than are made anyway,
Old 07-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
She's in Green!
Now this is a shade of green I can get behind. I would love to see more of the dress or "outfit" before I give a fair critique. From what I can see, I love her bag. I have a few of those structured brown leather handbags in my closet and I can't live without them.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

I want better photos, but so far this looks great. I like this green so much better than the olive green from yesterday, and the shape of the dress looks good. Waiting for more....
Old 07-10-2018, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

I love the color...that dark green and it looks great on her!

LaRae
Old 07-10-2018, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I don't think it's necessarily anyone have monopoly, but I do think they each have a different go-to. And usually, they don't clash brands at major events even.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Another view of the green dress
From the look of this, I'm not sure it's a dress. It seems like a skirt and blouse. I could be wrong. I need better pics.

Closed Thread