The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 07:15 AM
Serene Highness

Again a wonderful look. The boat neck is clearly Meghan's favourite, and it suits her so well. I live her experiments with hats and fascinators, I really like this one.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Such a wonderful dress and look today...perfect as usual... perfect face, figure, outfit and I think Harry's look at her shows how he is proud to be with this magnificent girl !

Old 07-10-2018, 07:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I love the dress, the fascinator is not for me (somebody compared it to an airplane propeller), and I don't get the beige shoes at all.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:41 AM
Courtier

That fascinator is really cute and playful imo. I don't get the airplane propeller reference.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I know they are saying navy...but on my screen it looks black in every pic I've seen! Must not be the right angle or something.
LaRae
Interesting...Who called the dress navy? I think it's easier to see the color difference if you look at the fascinator. That's what made me question if the outfit was navy and not black. I'm not big on brooches for young women but I think you're right. Some type of accent jewelry or contrasting colored accessory would help break up this look. The beige shoes make more sense if the dress is indeed navy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
That fascinator is really cute and playful imo. I don't get the airplane propeller reference.
Sorry I just see a pinwheel ready to take flight off her head. But I'm not a fan of fascinators in general.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:46 AM
Commoner

I don`t like the hat it seems as tough she keep going with the same style of hats choices - maybe cream color or a light color like what everyone else was doing would have workes for her better
Old 07-10-2018, 07:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Suitor View Post
Interesting...Who called the dress navy? I think it's easier to see the color difference if you look at the fascinator. That's what made me question if the outfit was navy and not black. I'm not big on brooches for young women but I think you're right. Some type of accent jewelry or contrasting colored accessory would help break up this look. The beige shoes make more sense if the dress is indeed navy.

Sorry I just see a pinwheel ready to take flight off her head. But I'm not a fan of fascinators in general.

All of the royal watchers are saying navy ...it must be a very very dark navy.

LaRae
Old 07-10-2018, 08:01 AM
Aristocracy

It's clearly blue in this pic but this is the 1st I've see where it's undeniable. Wonder if they used a filter.

https://twitter.com/katemiddton/stat...976113152?s=21
Old 07-10-2018, 08:06 AM
Courtier

The dress is navy. Here's a good look at it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/elliotwag...979101186?s=19
Old 07-10-2018, 08:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
It's clearly blue in this pic but this is the 1st I've see where it's undeniable. Wonder if they used a filter.

https://twitter.com/katemiddton/stat...976113152?s=21

Yes I can see the blue now!

LaRae
Old 07-10-2018, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Late to comment again, but:

Christening: I like green on Meghan, although olive is very seldom a favorite of mine. She wears it well. I like the hat, the dress is fine, though I'm not sure about those sleeves. Overall, a very nice look, although a bit somber for the time of year.

Today: I love the silhouette--so flattering! The hat/fascinator is fun, a nice whimsical touch against all that solid navy, and she wears it very well. Much as I love this dress and hat combination, my one quibble is that so much very, very, dark monochrome navy in July looks heavy and somber. When I just look at photos of Meghan, I can't think of anything I don't like about this outfit; when I look at her in group photos it's all very dark. Perhaps if the clutch had matched her shoes?

She is definitely evolving a distinctive "royal" style.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Very elegant!

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-10-2018, 08:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

The foreign clothes continue......
Old 07-10-2018, 09:08 AM
Courtier

Like the dress but again, not the headpiece. Personally I don't like fascinators with too many transparent materials. And I am afraid that I am not a fans of Stephen Jones so far.

Quote:
The fascinator evokes images of airplane propellers
Your comment make me think of airplane propellers whenever I look back to her outfit today.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:13 AM
Courtier

I love the overall shape of this dress, but maybe it's just me... doesn't the chest area look a bit odd? Like she's not wearing fitting underwear...?
Old 07-10-2018, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Like the dress but again, not the headpiece. Personally I don't like fascinators with too many transparent materials. And I am afraid that I am not a fans of Stephen Jones so far.
Yea. I think it would've been better if she started with Stephen Jones and moved on the Philip Tracey. They Stephen Jones hats are good, but I prefer the PTs. They were much better choices. PT wins the hat department for me.

(..)
Old 07-10-2018, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Another slam dunk. I definitely am sensing her own unique style and I dig it.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I love the dress, the fascinator is not for me (somebody compared it to an airplane propeller), and I don't get the beige shoes at all.
I wonder if she plans on keeping those shoes on for the day? She'll like have outfit changes today given NI is right after and there is a garden party later. Nude doesn't clash with everything. I personally would've loved a lighter blue to bring out the navy.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:18 AM
Courtier

I'm going to be a dissenting voice on this Dior. It's a good shape for her, if I don't look too closely I like it, but the details are not good. It's really stiff. The skirt looks like it could stand up on its own and the seams down the bust are wonky in places because the fabric is too heavy for that kind of cut. I like these lines on her very much, I like the color, it's all really great from a distance, I just wish they'd used a fabric that had a little life to it, a touch of movement, because that kind of skirt just calls for it and that kind of seaming needs to not be fighting between what the fabric wants to do and the movements of the body underneath it.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Yea. I think it would've been better if she started with Stephen Jones and moved on the Philip Tracey. They Stephen Jones hats are good, but I prefer the PTs. They were much better choices. PT wins the hat department for me.

I don't mind the fascinator, prefer the real hats...and I think she should stick to the P.T. hats, hasn't had a miss with those yet.

(..)

Closed Thread