The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

I love the entire look. Meghan knows her style and the designers that accentuates her style.

Old 07-09-2018, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think most of the ladies (those who will be in the pics, except 1 or 2) were wearing varying shades of blue too ..including the kids! LaRae
Yes, there was the lady in the red flowered dress! Wonder how that will look in the group pictures.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Royal Highness

I thought she looked great. I am surprised by the color, even though I like it on her, but I think of olive green as being a fall or winter color. It showed a little bit of personality in the sea of creamy pastels.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Yes there was the lady in the red flowered dress! Wonder how that will look in the group pictures.

I know..I think that was Lucy Middleton? That's going to drive me crazy seeing that pop of red in a sea of blue!

LaRae
Old 07-09-2018, 06:07 PM
Royal Highness

Meghan looked absolutely gorgeous! Olive on someone else would look really dull but with her skin tone, it really is very complementary. First the bright yellow last week...now the olive. Can't wait for tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
The color seems strange for this time of year but I do like it.
That's what I thought too. It is often an autumn color. But I really like the style of the dress a lot and it looks good on Meghan.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

I love the style of the green dress but not the color.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Simply classy and elegant and I love the color. Then again, I do think that olive green compliments women that have a darker complexion and hair coloring. She put it all together nicely and it looks amazing on her. Thumbs up on this outfit.
My feelings exactly.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
The only thing I like about this outfit is the color. The dress is just boring and the hat is a kinda ugly - I dislike the big bow on it. I do like her hair and make-up though.

Clearer view of the full outfit.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...1153056181.jpg
Ooo homegirl looks fierce.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:35 PM
Majesty

I loved this whole thing she wore to tthe christening. And I am not usually a fan of matching clutch/shoes/dress/hat and gloves. But as usual with the DOS, the outfit does not grab all the attention but the cut of clothes and overall styling is awesome. The hat with the dress is just so good.

Chic. Elegegant. Looking almost effortless, even when we know it's not.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Sbe brought her A game when accessorizing this outfit. Splendid color on her. I love me some green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessMia View Post
She looks amazing. From the hat down to the shoes. I didn’t expect to love the olive green, but it definitely works on Meghan. That hat is to die for.
She looks stunning wearing olive green and the style of this bespoke Ralph Laren is very "Megan". On her, the colour is not an autumn or winter colour. She glows and I adore her chic Stephen Jones hat is a delight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Therein lies the differentiation between her Stepersonal wardrobe and her working wardrobe. For family events and such she wears whatever she chooses to while if its an "official" outfit for an "official" engagement, she'll be in her working wardrobe. It also differentiates who is paying for the outfit also, I believe.
Given time, unless she has another source of income, all her clothes just like Harry's will be paid out of their stipend which covers all of their expenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post
I loved her outfit. Her skin glowed in that dress. It's good that the hat was created by a British designer. Stephen Jones makes wonderful hats.

But I do agree she needs to wear more UK designers.
I think Ralph Lauren caught her eye for how stylistically it appeals to her and for the work of his Polo Ralph Lauren Foundation and her accessories, bar her Manolo Blahnik shoes, could be from UK designers. Not that it really matters.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

She looked stunning, as did Kate. Very elegant and fashionable.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
BTW, I notice the uproar over whether or not she's wearing tights each time is gone.

The end of this video is about as close as we will get to see of it.

https://twitter.com/rjmyers/status/1016350964494880770
Actually, here's another very clear close-up video of all of the guests arriving. We can get a good view of Meghan's pulled-back ponytail throughout the end portion of the video, and especially at the very end after she greets the clergy and she and Harry turn to go into the church. Her hair is pulled back into a low ponytail with her hair straight and long down her back. Just before Harry and Meghan enter the church, Archbishop Welby says something that causes Meghan to laugh:

And here's a fashion tips video breaking down Meghan's style. It mentions her head-to-toe monochrome preference, which we see a perfect example of today with the olive green bespoke dress with matching hat, shoes, clutch and gloves. The commentator mentions she couldn't find examples of Meghan wearing prints, but Meghan has worn a number of prints pre-Harry, even though it's true she doesn't wear many. She's worn a color block outfit, as well as geometric and flower prints. She even wore a tie-dye evening gown to an Entertainment Weekly Screen Actor's Guild pre-event party circa 2013: https://hellogiggles.com/fashion/meg...lue-red-dress/
Old 07-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Majesty

I'm plumping for Ralph Lauren to move to England. LOL as if. But he and she are a match.

I understand the tug for Meghan to wear UK designers, but fashion is such a hash up geographically.

It's rare for things to be designed, made (fabric woven through sewing, not to mention findings), marketed and sold in a single country. No matter the designer's country, lots of countries inevetibly get a cut of the pie. And then a lot also depends on how the designer has set up their corporation (one country or many countries).

I looked and RL calls itself a global company. But it also says a lot about it's American design aesthetic. I don't find this dress very American, aesthetically. It's classic, slightly retro. I like it a lot on Meghan.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan looks beautiful. The dress was simple but classic, what today called for. Olive doesn't look great on everyone, but looked wonderful on her

I love her hair and the fantastic hat.

Of course everyone focusses on the dress and not the other designers. I love she didn't go the usual 'Philip Treacy' route. Instead of focusing on Lauren, how about noticing the talented British hat designer she chose???
Old 07-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I know..I think that was Lucy Middleton? That's going to drive me crazy seeing that pop of red in a sea of blue! LaRae
She seemed such a jolly sort, not at all stuffy as she entered with James Middleton (who had the necessary reserve in front of the cameras, in contrast). Not that she was playing to the camera, she seemed oblivious of the cameras.

Actually they will be shuffling a few colors, or at least two: Lucy Middleton's red flowered dress (a very nicely fitted dress) and Meghan's olive green dress. Maybe the groupings will be such that it can all be worked around. I did notice that there was a lovely tall and lean woman in a sort of pale pink or peach, that dress would be okay next to the red dress, and Kate's white dress could be 'bridge' between them and the wash of blues. Trying to think like the photographer, though he has more than just color to consider, he's got heights and the overall geometry of the bodies, plus the placement by importance (center of interest).
Old 07-09-2018, 08:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
She seemed such a jolly sort, not at all stuffy as she entered with James Middleton (who had the necessary reserve in front of the cameras, in contrast). Not that she was playing to the camera, she seemed oblivious of the cameras.

Actually they will be shuffling a few colors, or at least two: Lucy Middleton's red flowered dress (a very nicely fitted dress) and Meghan's olive green dress. Maybe the groupings will be such that it can all be worked around. I did notice that there was a lovely tall and lean woman in a sort of

pale pink or peach, that dress would be okay next to the red dress, and Kate's white dress could be 'bridge' between them and the wash of blues. Trying to think like the photographer, though he has more than just color to consider, he's got heights and the overall geometry of the bodies, plus the placement by importance (center of interest).

I don't think Meghan/Harry will be in the pics...I thought only the godparents were in the pics?

LaRae
Old 07-09-2018, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Lucy Middleton was in light blue...all the Middleton women were. The woman in the red flowered dress was Laura Meade.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I know..I think that was Lucy Middleton? That's going to drive me crazy seeing that pop of red in a sea of blue!

LaRae
No, Lucy was wearing a light blue and tan dress (and I think one of Catherine's hats.)
https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_...put-quality=90
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...1150753235.jpg

Lady Laura Meade was the one in the red, white and blue print dress.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't think Meghan/Harry will be in the pics...I thought only the godparents were in the pics? LaRae
Oh, okay. I don't really understand the picture situation amongst royals for christenings.

P.S. Thank you, Everyone, for clarification regarding the identity of the 'lady in red'.