The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

Not a fan of the color but the neckline is nice-was hoping for something a little edgy from her a la the Stella McCartney gown she wore for the wedding after party but there's plenty of time for that later on. Good choice of hairstyle!

Old 07-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
Of course, wouldn't expect anything less. And the color is called olive drab, how appropriate! Dull, drab, unpatriotic and probably expensive, that's the new duchess's style.
(..)

The color in the fashion world that I used to belong to is called *Olive Green* and it is anything but drab.

(..)

Old 07-09-2018, 02:15 PM
Courtier

I really like this look today! The fit of the dress manages to both be elegantly relaxed and fitted where it counts. It suits her very well. I adore those sleeves. And I'm a big fan of olive green. I'm wearing pants that color right now, as a matter of fact. I think it's a great shade for letting the face take center stage, because most skin tones seem to almost glow next to it, hers included.

I don't love the bow detail on the hat, but I do like the sheerness of it and the shape is a really good one for her.

My one big nitpick is that I'd rather not see such matchy-matchy shoes. It's starting to look like exactly matching shoe color is coming back as a red carpet trend, but I'm old enough to have worn dye-to-match shoes with prom and bridesmaid dresses back in the 80s and 90s and I just can't shake that association with shoes that are an exact or near-exact color match to clothing. We don't really need to relive that trend, do we?
Old 07-09-2018, 02:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
My one big nitpick is that I'd rather not see such matchy-matchy shoes. It's starting to look like exactly matching shoe color is coming back as a red carpet trend, but I'm old enough to have worn dye-to-match shoes with prom and bridesmaid dresses back in the 80s and 90s and I just can't shake that association with shoes that are an exact or near-exact color match to clothing. We don't really need to relive that trend, do we?
I'm not always overly crazy about the matching the shoes/bag to the dress look either but in this case I think it works. To be honest I'm a little bit sick of the whole nude shoes look so if it takes matchy-matchy to step away from that for a moment then I'm willing to give it a go.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I'm not always overly crazy about the matching the shoes/bag to the dress look either but in this case I think it works. To be honest I'm a little bit sick of the whole nude shoes look so if it takes matchy-matchy to step away from that for a moment then I'm willing to give it a go.
At least when Meghan goes for a neutral shoe color she seems to generally choose ones with some sort of interesting design detail, like a cutout. I hope she keeps that up.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:31 PM
Royal Highness

I just love this entire outfit on Meghan and *Olive Green* is one of my favorite colors. I am a redhead, and that color really works well on me even with my Irish complexion and I have many pieces of it in my closet today.....I am wondering if this is a *one piece* outfit or a *two piece* as from looking at it is the top tucked into the skirt? I love the sleeves, how chic to wear sleeves like this, this outfit looks so well made and made custom for her, love that hair back in a chic pony tail and not flying around, love her make-up and everything else....just a really gorgeous outfit for this family event......
Old 07-09-2018, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I like her outfit better than Kate's. The olive green is a great color on her.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:18 PM
Commoner

I loved her outfit. Her skin glowed in that dress. It's good that the hat was created by a British designer. Stephen Jones makes wonderful hats.

But I do agree she needs to wear more UK designers.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Olive Green - not necessarily a colour I would have chosen but the more I look at her, the more I like it.
By saying that - I still prefer her soft pink outfits - but mainly due to personal preference......
Old 07-09-2018, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I really like the outfit today and I didn't mind the Olive Green ,in all I thought the duchess looked very refined.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

Looks very nice to me.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

The color is drab & the overall look is too matchy for my tastes. Like the hat.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

i am not fan of the upper part of the dress but all in all the Duchess looks great wonderful color and lovely hat
Old 07-09-2018, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...50903140569089
This is the clearest I've seen of Meghan's outfit today. Lovely color on her. Love the dress, especially the sleeves. One thing that kind of bugged me is the curve on the hat (in other pictures).
We can all relate to Camilla's gesture! Stuffy and hot is the worst thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Super-chic, and VERY 'early thirties' [especially the Hat...]
'Early thirties' likely because of how slim Meghan is and she is wearing a pencil-skirt type dress? I see what you mean. Very Coco Chanel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessMia View Post
She looks amazing. From the hat down to the shoes. I didn’t expect to love the olive green, but it definitely works on Meghan. That hat is to die for.
Loving the new style of hats coming into vogue among the royal ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
There'll always be something.

The Queen is there = tights, the Queen is absent = no tights. She clearly wears it as a sign of respect to HM, but like most people prefers to go without. There is no protocol around 'tights wearing', certainly not in the summer.
However, in this instance she has worn 'tights' (in US we would say 'nylons', 'tights' are something quite different ). So maybe it's not about the Queen being present? Maybe an event's formality dictates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Another clear photo of the Duchess of Sussex. This time standing up straight and not on steps.
https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/...rrive-for.html
Beautiful pony-tail. She can do lots of clever and interesting things with a pony-tail. This looks very elegant.

The picture of the group with the Cambridges is very nice. William is doing a King Carl Gustav of Sweden face. Ha! Charlotte has changed in looks, every inch a Middleton imo. (Carole in my view). Kate looks ecstatic. And the more I see of Harry the more I am so very happy for him, that he has been able to find a wife he loves as well as likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I really like the outfit today and I didn't mind the Olive Green ,in all I thought the duchess looked very refined.
She did! Always am looking forward to her outings, to seeing them both. They are now one of my favorite couples, up there with Mary and Fred and Madeleine and Chris.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

This low sleek ponytail she is wearing is now one of my favorite looks on her.

Cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings...first day of Ireland!

LaRae
Old 07-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

Cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings...first day of Ireland!

LaRae
And the RAF 100th Anniversary.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
And the RAF 100th Anniversary.
They've got a busy day tomorrow. I'm hoping for three outfits given that they are attending daytime events in Ireland and then the British Ambassador's reception.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

The color seems strange for this time of year but I do like it.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Have to agree, But I notice how long it is. Wasn't aware how long her hair is.

Quote:
Cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings...first day of Ireland! LaRae
Yes, one treat after another!

What I think we are also seeing is the purchase of a foundational wardrobe. Many of the outfits she has worn could be tweaked to create a different look easily with a scarf or any number of accessories. She is definitely choosing classic pieces that will wear well over time imo.

P.S. I noticed that all the (royal) men (maybe the others, too, just didn't pay attention there) are wearing blue ties. Looks like there was a memo. I like this. I don't recall that kind of color-coordination among the BRF before. Can anyone say? I know it's the aspect of the Swedish Royal Family I really appreciate. Their family portraits always have a very 'finished' look because of that, I think. Now the BRF also has that look.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Have to agree, But I notice how long it is. Wasn't aware how long her hair is.

Yes, one treat after another!

What I think we are also seeing is the purchase of a foundational wardrobe. Many of the outfits she has worn could be tweaked to create a different look easily with a scarf or any number of accessories. She is definitely choosing classic pieces that will wear well over time imo.

P.S. I noticed that all the (royal) men (maybe the others, too, just didn't pay attention there) are wearing blue ties. Looks like there was a memo. I like this. I don't recall that kind of color-coordination among the BRF before. Can anyone say? I know it's the aspect of the Swedish Royal Family I really appreciate. Their family portraits always have a very 'finished' look because of that, I think. Now the BRF also has that look.

I think most of the ladies (those who will be in the pics, except 1 or 2) were wearing varying shades of blue too ..including the kids!

LaRae

Closed Thread