The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2018 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost cried in sadness when I heard there was lace. But then I saw that, I really like the dress. It was simple and the flow was beautiful.

A nice look.
100% better than that saggy baggy blue dress at Celia's wedding.

Seems like Givenchy will be her go-to designer.

I really like the hat but the dress is a bit meh, shapeless/looks too big.

Can't be that difficult in Meghan's position to find clothes that actually fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely lovely. Love the hat. It is actually a hat which is a head covering [according to dictionary] and not one of those god awful pieces stuck to a woman's forehead. Her over-all appearance is very classy and neat.

That dress fits her. It is not shapeless at all!

LaRae

I think it's flowy rather than shapeless. And the only Meghan's outfit I find it's ill-fitting so far is the mess from Celia's wedding......:bang:

That's a one beautiful hat! Very stylist! About her dress, well, it's not something I would wear, not my style at all, but she looks good in it and you can never go wrong with Black&White combo. Nice appearance.

This look definitely has a vintage feel to it. l really like it. The hat is especially lovely!

Last edited:
This dress fits exactly as that style should, IMO. It’s a great cut for her and one I hope we see repeated. She wears white and off-whites well, so I like the color. The wavy hem, though...big yuck from me. And part of me wishes the belt were a shot of color instead of black.

LOVE that hat on her, and that’s the perfect hairstyle for it and this occasion.

I don't absolutely love it but it does look nice on her, particularly the hat. I know that I'm one of those who is very, very tired of the neutral colors and I would love to see her in something with actual color but I'm happy to see that the dress fit well, did not appear to be at least a size too big, her hat is lovely....overall not my personal favorite look but one that certainly looks nice on her.

flowy rather than shapeless

It's what my Mother always called a 'shirt-waister'.. she wore them a LOT ! Simple, elegant and comfortable..

Nothing wrong with her wearing Givenchy (Englishwoman, head designer..makes a point)...third time and it works for her.

LaRae

It's what my Mother always called a 'shirt-waister'.. she wore them a LOT ! Simple, elegant and comfortable..

It's very 50's? I think that is the era...great style.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure about the dress. But love the hat.

I am not keen on how much givenchy Meghan has been sporting. While I do not think there is any protocol on having to always wear British (no matter what the Kate detractors and now Meghan haters say), I do think that her not wearing British designers her past few public outings isn’t ideal either. She was very good about balancing this pre wedding.

French fashion house? Again? This woman doesn't learn.

You mean her British wedding designer, again? The one who has her measurements, an established working relationship and preferences and dislikes for all these big events not even 1 month after her wedding? ;)

Seriously, though - this is a very frequent occurrence with high profile Royal ladies & as all those other Royal brides, I am sure the DoS will eventually branch out to more designers after her first couple of months / first year.

I also reckon Emilia Wickstead ought to be quite mad at her blabby mouth, because she did not only dress Meghan before the wedding(ie. clear signal for future interest) but Meghan's newlywed aesthetic seems to be quite up EW's alley.

C’mon, Givenchy is absolutely French. It’s as French as you get. The fact the head designer was born in England doesn’t change that.

I’d like to see her wear British. Everyone made such a big deal about Meghan wearing trousers from a local welsh company and all the good it did.

I love her look today, especially the asymmetrical hem. Very nice!

Probably Givenchy provided her with full dowry chest of dresses on her wedding, and now she has to walk them all :lol:
Shame they didn't put the one marked as "country wedding" to this chest.

C’mon, Givenchy is absolutely French. It’s as French as you get. The fact the head designer was born in England doesn’t change that.

I’d like to see her wear British. Everyone made such a big deal about Meghan wearing trousers from a local welsh company and all the good it did.

I actually agree! I would love for her to wear British, lesser known pieces to bigger events, but I am certainly not expecting her to do so 4 weeks after the wedding. I reckon more and more smaller / lesser known 'local' brand will be featured in the months to come. I just think that playing it 'safe' at all these important 'firsts' was to be expected for the time being.

The one marked 'country wedding' ought to have mysteriously disappeared before it was delivered, preferably in the Thames! However, this makes up for it in all sorts of ways. I forgot to say I just love Meghan's clutch!

Is it possible that they had fabric left over from the wedding dress, so to be thrifty multiple outfits were made? I think the Givenchy dresses are beautiful. But I agree she needs to wear more UK designers.

She looks lovely today. I adore her hat.

You mean her British wedding designer, again? The one who has her measurements, an established working relationship and preferences and dislikes for all these big events not even 1 month after her wedding? ;)

Seriously, though - this is a very frequent occurrence with high profile Royal ladies & as all those other Royal brides, I am sure the DoS will eventually branch out to more designers after her first couple of months / first year.

I also reckon Emilia Wickstead ought to be quite mad at her blabby mouth, because she did not only dress Meghan before the wedding(ie. clear signal for future interest) but Meghan's newlywed aesthetic seems to be quite up EW's alley.

I agree, why not get dress buying out of the way when you're at a fashion house anyway and you know that you're going to need them. She will learn, she's new to this. Wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't start using some of the Duchess of Cambridge's designers.

This look definitely has a vintage feel to it. l really like it. The hat is especially lovely!

It does, especially the hat. It’s perfect for the event. Simple, classic, elegant with a little flair. So much better than the last outfit.

Don’t like the hat, don’t mind the dress it’s more fitted than Saturdays debacle but I still find it very casual for Royal Ascot. Shoes aren’t great either.

As always would love to see her in an actual colour.

I think Clare Waight Keller will likely be her one of the main designers she works with. Not that she'll always be in Givenchy, and I'm sure we'll start seeing a few more local and perhaps not as high profile designers as she goes to more events with more relaxed dress codes.

But yea, I don't see her giving up Givenchy.

There seems to be a lot of white and neutral from the royal ladies at this year's Ascot.

First thought, showstopper with effortless ease. Wow, love it. The Duchess radiates beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom