The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2018 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the red one would've gone over much better, but it needed sleeves added to it since they are at a church. The fitted waist really makes a difference in loose fitting clothing. I'm going to say that Meghan needs to go sit in a corner and think about the decisions she made today and how she's going to make up for it. :lol:

She should look at Letitia - they are built on a similar scale. Fitted, elegant, occasionally mad!

Good role model for her.

I am atill confused as to the change between her Suits dys and how she is choosing now.

I feel the same way. If it fit her the way it fits the woman modelling it here it would have looked great. I love seeing her trying out a different style of headpiece. I love
her others, but I think it is great she is experimenting.

As I posted, that is actually a VERY pretty dress...worn unfortunately on a woman who has neither the height and/or body type to make it work.:sad:

Michelle Obama could do it justice, or Jennifer Lopez , as another poster suggested.

This is just my opinion but I think she’s trying to dress the part of an English Rose and it’s not working. She’s American, she should stick to what works (although I’m not a fan of her style, pre-Harry) and not try the English aristocrat look.

She should look at Letitia - they are built on a similar scale. Fitted, elegant, occasionally mad!

Good role model for her.

I am atill confused as to the change between her Suits dys and how she is choosing now.

Most of her stuff isn't that inconsistent with her personal style beforehand. I don't think I've seen her in a lot of pencil skirts as I've seen on Suits, but NO ONE wears the stuff they wear on Suit in daily life. I remember Meghan talking about similarities and differences between Rachel and her own personal style. Both have clean lines and don't do a lot of prints. However, she has admitted to having a more California laid-back look than Rachel, the character that works at a high power New York law firm. Meghan, as Duchess of Sussex or private person, isn't going to go for a pencil skirt that's tailored on an inhale. I think we are always going to see her in things that she can breath in or it'll still fit if she eats a burger.

I think Letizia's a great role model. Although, I suspect Meghan's lines will be softer and more laid back than Letizia.

But I have no explanation for this today.

So to paraphrase Arlo Guthrie - where have all the mirrors gone?

Clearly wherever, Meghan got dressed didn't have one! I prefer the minimal neutrals to this horror.

Last edited:
This is just my opinion but I think she’s trying to dress the part of an English Rose and it’s not working. She’s American, she should stick to what works (although I’m not a fan of her style, pre-Harry) and not try the English aristocrat look.

Seems like an odd critique given the complaints about the lack of color in her outfits choices and the simple hats. Nothing she has worn screams English aristocrat to me. With the exception of this lastest ensemble, everything she has worn looks like her style to me.

Oh Lord, I hope she don’t try that English Rose style. Those aristocratic ladies look too shabby, IMO. Meghan is a fly sista, so she should stick to that.

I thought that dress was Club Monaco?

Yeah it is - it's just called the Sinthea Dress. ? Own it myself and that's why I just automatically refer to it like that to differentiate from my other CM dresses. Sorry for the confusion.

back to the unfitting outfits i thought she is over with that problem but clearly she still have a problem with fitting Imo
can't add anything about her look that the rest of the members here didn't mention except maybe that her hairdo is as horrible as her dress,the whole look deserve to be in the most terrible section.

The print is pretty, but the dress looks awful on her. A horrible miss for Meaghan.

Why would someone pay close to 4000 pounds (or 5500 USD) for this dress? There are so many better dresses to buy for far less money. She clearly doesn't mind spending a lot of money on clothes... which I already have a hard time understanding but it is her money, so she can do as she pleases as long as she doesn't pretend to care that much about the less fortunate in this world as her lifestyle s choices suggest otherwise.

£4000 buys a lot food. This is one of the conundrums Of preaching equality yet living the life of a princess.

I like 3, 4, and 5. And maybe the second to the last one. Although with number 5, a lining is needed. I can't imagine anyone wearing it like that.

I’ve edited, so numbers have changed.
Of course the dress would be lined, no one wears them in real life as they are on the runway. I assume everyone knows this and never mention it, might be spending too much time on fashion blogs.

Whoa, came to this thread and thought I had the wrong thread......well it seems a dressing gown came into style. Let's back up here and even though I did not like the dress/cape effect, I would take that any day of the week over this monstrous dress. Just because a famous designer made it and it cost a damn fortune, it is entirely hideous by all points.

Wow... Just wow. Really bad choice; I don't think there's anything good about this look. Looks like she's wearing a table cloth and a white lily pad on her head. Harry looks fantastic.

He does, doesn't he. :flowers: At least they are color-coordinated: Harry's blue tie, Meghan's blue dress. I agree with someone early on who said it looks like she was trying to 'blend in' at an English country wedding. Dismal! ? ;) I agree with (nearly) everyone. So funny!

What really doesn't make it is her hair and that hat. Yikes! The hat! The last time we had such a cringe-worthy moment was when she was trying to 'blend in' at the family's Christmas gathering and walk-about at Sandringham. Gosh golly, Meghan. ?

I honestly think that had Meghan had her hair down with a more normal hat she could have pulled off the dress. She could have developed a more classic line. The dress itself is very pretty (maybe doesn't photograph well, I dunno - but I'd buy it, it looks like it must be heaven to wear).

With a beautiful wide brimmed hat and flowing hair, it all would have looked scrumptious. JMO.

Last edited:
Someone sold her "it looks like what British Upper Classes wear" and it does in many ways. It look like a bathrobe on her. Too bad a woman of fashion allowed herself to be put into that thing, with that hat. She is trying so hard to please. Be yourself. You are lovely.

My suggestion would be to get a tailor/seamstress to completely rework this dress. The skirt is nice but the top part is horrible. Take off the top part and relplace it with a nice white fitted shirt in a floaty material. And don't wear this with a hat.

I liked these two dresses you picked out. :flowers: The first one would have been so much better on her, agree, but I love the second one: she would have rocked it.

Oh well, these are the learning days, not so? ;) I'm sure Meghan's fashion diary reads something about 'slippery wet grass', rain and wind, cobblestones, and when 'trying to fit in' works and when it doesn't. ?

P.S. One can imagine Harry, the big lug, being totally clueless, too. "You look fab, babe!' Yeah, Harry, no help!

Last edited:
BTW, Lady Nimue's comment reminded me that someone earlier mentioned the rumor that Harry was advising Meghan on fashion. Or how he let her walk out of the house in that. I can't imagine Harry's involvement in Meghan's sartorial choices go beyond dress code.

Now, if Meghan starts to sport blue suits...:whistling:

Why would someone pay close to 4000 pounds (or 5500 USD) for this dress? There are so many better dresses to buy for far less money. She clearly doesn't mind spending a lot of money on clothes... which I already have a hard time understanding but it is her money, so she can do as she pleases as long as she doesn't pretend to care that much about the less fortunate in this world as her lifestyle s choices suggest otherwise.

I don't see what one thing has to with the other, unless you're applying it to every member of the royal family? Meghan isn't pretending to be Mother Teresa.

Since it is a wrap dress, a quick fix of the waist, to fit better, would do wonders. Also, I would fix the skirt so it doesn't blow open.

(...)

No, the dress she wore in Jamaica wasn't a similar fit. The only thing the two dresses have in common is that they were both patterns. The Erdem dress was much more appealing in every way. This dress doesn't do anything for Meghan at all and definitely doesn't seem like her style. Oh well..lets hope she delivers a stylish look in the next few days, or at least a palate cleanser. :lol:

The Jamaica dress was also ill fitting/too large. The reason it was more forgivable was location and cut, it had no sleeves to help drown her body in. But it was equally as poor fitted. My point was that Meghan favors oversized boho fit clothing.

I didn't mean the cut of the dresses was similar, or even the shape or fall of them, just that it was also too large for her.

The Jamaica dress was also ill fitting/too large. The reason it was more forgivable was location and cut, it had no sleeves to help drown her body in. But it was equally as poor fitted. My point was that Meghan favors oversized boho fit clothing.

I didn't mean the cut of the dresses was similar, or even the shape or fall of them, just that it was also too large for her.

I went back and looked. There is no way it's too big for her. The top was clearly fitted and the dress was her size. And one dress like today hardly makes her style oversized boho fit.

Meghan Markle Jamaica March 2 2017 | Star Style

Since it is a wrap dress, a quick fix of the waist, to fit better, would do wonders. Also, I would fix the skirt so it doesn't blow open.

I just don't think there is any way to fix this one. :lol: Maybe if it came with the waist on the red one, it'd be better.

Last edited by a moderator:

And I don't agree with that either. Equally as poor fitted? No. The Erdem dress was more fitted at the top and waist and flowed at the bottom, giving it a much more flattering look on her.

No, no the dress worn in Jamaica was not too big for Meghan. As Jacqui and Abbigail said, the bodice was fitted and was not oversized. It had a tiered skirt.

Nothing like the bodice yesterday that bloused over her waist. I can't think of anything similar we've ever seen Meghan wear except her outerwear. She does favor oversized coats.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom