The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2018 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is cream and I like it. It fits Meghan's simple style. The hem is past the knees (no risk of fly ups) and no hat.

Last edited:
I really like this look. I think the cape must have some stretch in it to prevent arm constriction.

She looks lovely. And they seem to be having a great time.

The dress is cream and I like it. It fits Meghan's simple style. The hem is past the knees (no risk of fly ups) and no hat.

Maybe a skirt that narrow and straight could slide up but I don't think it could fly up;)
Meghan looks nice, personally not a fan of capes like that but it is fashionable.

OK. Shouldn't Meghan be wearing a hat since the Queen is wearing one?

I thought so. Kate was wearing one during her first engagement with the Queen, but Camilla not. I guess it's at one's own discretion and HM doesn't mind.

Perfect as usual... I am happy she kept her hair down !

She has the 'duchess slant' figured out too.

LaRae

I like this dress a lot! It is a professional, modern cut that suits Meghan well.

I think, I would have loved the look if it had been in jewel tones (like a deep green or burgundy or purple) with her hair up. I like the no hat look myself!

I just wish her hair was clipped back. It seemed windy and in the pics with her sitting with the Queen, you can see she's tucked back flyaway pieces but the middle parting is no longer straight.

Yes it does seem a bit blustery today and perhaps a sleek ponytail might have been a good option for this outing.

The North West is currently experiencing gusts of up to 60mph.

Her handbag has also been identified as Givenchy (I want this bag).

LaRae

The design of the dress is gorgeous, but the fabric is prone to wrinkles. You can see a rather large amount of creases and wrinkles and it's a shame. A dress so expensive shouldn't wrinkle after a little while of wearing.

And concering the wind, she should have worn her hair in an updo then. It's the type of preparation that should be easily done.

Last edited:
Lovely dress. One minor flaw -- there is a reason why royal women wear a hat and/or their hair pulled back -- your hair blowing around becomes a distraction.

She's a smart girl -- she'll figure it out especially when out with QEII who has these things down to a science.

Otherwise -- just lovely.

Given the windy weather an updo or a Ponytail would have been a better choice.. Otherwise the look is OK, but I can't love it...

Last edited:
She looks great. A shame about the wrinkles but still a very chic look, nonetheless.

What I find most encouraging thus far, is that Meghan is going for classic yet modern and stylish looks. I don't think she'll be wearing many coat dresses and that greatly pleases me!

Perfect as usual... I am happy she kept her hair down !
I don't think SHE is happy about her hair :lol: The wind is too strong, she should've done like a bun or an updo or something.

I don't think SHE is happy about her hair :lol: The wind is too strong, she should've done like a bun or an updo or something.

Considering she wears it down more than up, I bet she is just fine with it even with the wind. ;) She also favors loose/messy updos so even if it were up, we'd probably still see some pieces blowing!

The Hair is a MESS...which is a unfortunate..

Last edited:
Considering she wears it down more than up, I bet she is just fine with it even with the wind. ;) She also favors loose/messy updos so even if it were up, we'd probably still see some pieces blowing!
Considering how anyone's hair look like with a wind like that, no one would be hapy about it ;) Not should one be happy about it, because it just looks bad.

A pale pink? I don't like the box-like effect of the cape round the shoulders but the rest is lovely. I like the slimline belt and the shoes.

Yeah. I’d love the outfit without the cape. The rest is perfect.

This is lovely. HM gifted Meghan her pearls.

I really love the cape look. I like that her hair was down but this wind made it problematic so having it up was probably the better way to go. She will figure it out. Other than that I loved everything about it. Givenchy suits her.

The Hair is a MESS...which is a unfortunate..

Yeah, very strong winds - made a mess of her hair real quick once they left the station.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkAOedgBwml/

Yeah, I reckon a neat, low bun would have look wonderful with this outfit.

I am wondering the logistics of that, though. (Considering they left yesterday and overnighted in the train.) I hardly believe they had stylists accompanying them (could be wrong). So I assume her hair was washed and blown out yesterday and she styled it herself after waking up this morning.

She'll get the hang of it eventually - all our ladies in 'training' went through the same.? She'll eventually find the right stylist/products/style that are appropriate for her hair and our peculiar whether.

I think this was a wonderful outfit - I think the cape really pulled it together. It reminded me of Lady Spencer's wedding look and how much I instantly thought that Meghan would look perfect in that exact purple ensemble.

Last edited:
Reportedly Meghan's pearl and diamond earrings are a gift from the Queen.

LaRae

I think it cream unless my eyes are playing tricks on me. :lol:

Honestly the color and silhouette were a safe choice, which isn't surprising given this is her first solo engagement with HMQ and so soon after the wedding. Last thing she needs is to stand out in her fashion choice and receive criticism on that. The cape is what gives it something interesting.

Is anyone happy about hair blowing out in the wind? I doubt it's causing her distress either. And with her hair, a bun or updo is not going to work in this unless it's gelled (what woman uses gel in her hair these days?) and hair sprayed to look like a helmet. She has fly aways in her hair. It'll show up.

I'm pretty positive it's Cream and then she has the black accents. The color and accent color is perfect. I love everything about it except the cape..not so fond of that.

It's a good length too. If her hair was in a low chignon it would be a almost perfect look.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom