The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2018 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s the same hat you know which is a real shame. I don’t like anything about it frankly, her hair looks unkempt but then she had to wear it down to cover her shoulders. We seem to have gone from constant pants to constant blush.

so twice makes constant....:lol:

I'm American and I think this take on Meghan is just silly.

Agreed. Is she bringing over some additional interest? Of course. Overall? Not really. This is the BRF. People are always interested. She is just adding on to it.

so twice makes constant....:lol:

Exactly. :lol:

Back in the winter when Meghan was 'hitting the ground running' with Prince Harry, many of us were complaining that she needed to add bright colors to her wardrobe. I was among those who got tired of seeing Meghan in black. However, in looking back I must reiterate my initial feeling that Meghan was cognizant of not being married yet, and she was seemingly trying to wear styles that suited her aesthetic and that were appropriate, without trying to overdo it with overdressing or calling a lot of attention to herself. All eyes were on her anyway. By remaining casual, yet stylish, she managed to carry off everything she wore very well.

I would have liked to see more color, but it was winter so that may have been part of her thinking for sticking with dark colors. And also, just wanting to stay low-key.

In the spring, we saw a few brighter colors, including greens, creams, white & navy. And now that it's summer (after the lovely white of the wedding)... Voila! There have been two outings with Meghan sporting light shades of pink. And it's a breath of fresh air to see her in lighter hues. I'd love to know what she wore on her honeymoon, but we never will. ?

So, it's on to June 14 in Cheshire with the Queen, and Royal Ascot the following week. :D

Last edited:
She looked fantastic. The color and style suits her. Great first appearance there :flowers:

It does seem slightly different hat. While I love her hair, looks beautiful curled, I do think her hair style from the garden party works better with the kind of hat.

As for appropriateness.....the queen's advisor is working with her. She certainly would have told Meghan if it was no appropriate.

I cant wait for Chester with the queen. And hopefully Ascot as well.

Not my favourite outfit, I could have done without the bare shoulders and flying hair. I guess it needs time to finally find a Duchess style.

Late to the party, but I think the DoS looks very pretty. I love the hat and the hair, and the color of the suit is beautiful on her. I'm not a huge fan of the large buttons, but overall I think she did well. I'm neutral on the off the shoulder look, and am hoping it doesn't become A Thing for her, but I also don't think there's anything inappropriate about it.

Bare shoulders really weren’t a good look. Colour wasn’t bad though. Meghan looked really nervous today.

Everything looks nice on Meghan, only thing I am not sure about is the off the shoulders dress. While the dress is gorgeous it is questionable for this event, it would make a great evening dress for a reception or dinner or date with hubby, not Trooping IMHO. Even though she might have gotten advice from insiders on the dress, for me, covered shoulders would be more appropriate for this event. Hat, Hair, make-up, tan, all look great on her....

The Countess of Wessex had a bare back...showing skin is not that uncommon among the royals.

LaRae

It´s a great look, especially considering the fact that this is very first Trooping. I have no problem with bare shoulders. They are only shoulders, but the other women were all more decked out so she did stand out.

Meghan's looked perfect. Best look for me.

Her hair was lovely, make-up perfect. I loved the neckline of this. It made what would have been IMO a dated outfit look more contemporary while still entirely appropriate.

I didn't see any nerves from her at all.

She has more skin showing than Meghan..that's the point.

LaRae

Meghan's looked perfect. Best look for me.

Her hair was lovely, make-up perfect. I loved the neckline of this. It made what would have been IMO a dated outfit look more contemporary while still entirely appropriate.

I didn't see any nerves from her at all.

Me either..she looked relaxed and happy.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:

LaRae

Regardless of shoulders or back, neither is IMHO good for any royal event like today.

**And we are all allowed to have our own opinions here, not everyone is a Meghan or Catherine or HM or whomever fan**. We all here should be allowed to voice our opinions without anyone else giving grief, so no need to say Meghan is perfect in a sense for she isn't as neither is anyone else. Some need to get a life here.........:bang:?

LaRae

Have to disgree:

Countess of Wessex Front: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/06/09/12/4D13A55900000578-0-image-a-39_1528542534925.jpg

Meghan Front: https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detai...hess-of-sussex-during-the-picture-id970462700

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/event...ussex-attend-trooping-the-picture-id970273928

Meghans bare shoulders are exactly that, she's got a bardot style top on which pretty much sits just above her chest all the way around off her shoulders. Sophie has a square missing the back of her dress across the top, she does not have bare shoulders. I think for me that's the issue here, the exposed shoulders.

Reactions: Fem
Late to the party, but I think the DoS looks very pretty. I love the hat and the hair, and the color of the suit is beautiful on her. I'm not a huge fan of the large buttons, but overall I think she did well. I'm neutral on the off the shoulder look, and am hoping it doesn't become A Thing for her, but I also don't think there's anything inappropriate about it.

I think maybe it is the buttons that keep me from loving the outfit. I like it, just don’t love it.

Her hair was styled beautifully. I hope she wears it like that more often.

None of these lovely photos show anyone looking nervous on this special day for the Queen. Even at her wedding, Meghan looked quite calm and full of grace, soaking up each moment. There's a lesson in that for everyone. All of the royals are looking well-dressed as usual:
https://www.gettyimages.nl/search/2...y&events=775171454&family=editorial&sort=best

Mad About Meghan

I appreciate your opinion and you’re obviously a huge fan of Meghan’s, but posting links to Meghan fan sites to back up your opinion isn’t really objective.

Last edited:
Regardless of shoulders or back, neither is IMHO good for any royal event like today.

**And we are all allowed to have our own opinions here, not everyone is a Meghan or Catherine or HM or whomever fan**. We all here should be allowed to voice our opinions without anyone else giving grief
Well said! :flowers:

... Meghans bare shoulders are exactly that, she's got a bardot style top on which pretty much sits just above her chest all the way around off her shoulders. Sophie has a square missing the back of her dress across the top, she does not have bare shoulders. I think for me that's the issue here, the exposed shoulders.

I do not see what you are seeing. Meghan's shoulders are not bare. Her lower arms are bare and we can see her neck and a slight bit of her shoulder blades. Look at the picture evidence:
Mad About Meghan

The bodice of the top is sitting just on and around Meghan's shoulders, and it's very similar to not only the style of her wedding dress, but also to the style of the plaid blazer Meghan wore in Wales:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/prince-harry-shares-adorable-cheeky-190852419.html

The only difference with today's outfit is that there's a slight dip in the center of the bodice, and it doesn't have sleeves. So it seems that very slight bit of extra skin upsets some people? I see nothing wrong with what the Duchess of Sussex is wearing. In fact, she's been quite conservative with her hemlines, so why not show a bit of her shoulder blades with the bateau neckline style which she's worn before and looks so lovely on her? The Sussexes obviously came back from spending some time in the sun and Meghan clearly has a nice glow to her skin as a result.

Last edited:

**And we are all allowed to have our own opinions here, not everyone is a Meghan or Catherine or HM or whomever fan**. We all here should be allowed to voice our opinions without anyone else giving grief, so no need to say Meghan is perfect in a sense for she isn't as neither is anyone else. Some need to get a life here.........:bang:?

Don't recall saying others weren't allowed to have opinions about it.

LaRae

Meghan looked beautiful today, minus the flying saucer on her head! That colour is very lovely on her and she seems to have a great tan from her honeymoon, too.

I think the colour is perfect for her and for the occasion. I see nothing inappropriate about the neckline and ,as had been said previously, she would have been advised if it were thought to be in any way unsuitable. I like the hat very much, so all in all, well done Meghan on successful navigating your first Trooping of the Colour.

So hear me on this now please, most of the time here when someone does not like what Meghan is wearing there are some here that just do not like it, they come right back with their comment again in their opinion. That gives the impression to me and some here as I have heard from that nothing but positive glowing comments here should be about Meghan......**she is not perfect** and I do not like everything she wears nor do I like everything any royal wears for some really need help in their clothing choices, not naming any royal woman here! I am not trying to start a damn war over this......I do not like the dress for this event period.....it is a dress IMHO for a more formal event and for those that think different, it is okay just as my comment is okay..........:bang::bang:

I appreciate your opinion and you’re obviously a huge fan of Meghan’s, but posting links to Meghan fan sites to back up your opinion isn’t really objective.

No less “objective” than the frequent posting of twitter links of some rather dubious Meghan-detractors in order to back up opinions against her, which some folk are notorious for.

HRH The Duchess of Sussex looked lovely and appropriate as ever...

Last edited:
she looked stunning. As did Catherine.

I agree Countess...they were the best dressed there.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom