The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2018 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I really like the outfit - understated elegance and very light and airy to wear for a sunny garden party. I do particularly like the hat because of the wide brim.

I do hope she wears more hats. I think she looks better in them than the berets.

Goat Fashion's website has crashed.

Last edited by a moderator:
That hat is a homerun. Not a huge fan of the outfit, but the hat more than made up for it

Yes very elegant. As was the Duchess's back stroke!

I agree...very charming.

LaRae

I bet they sold out already too.

LaRae

Absolutely stunning from top to toe! Happy to see that she is wearing her hair in a chignon and that she's wearing stockings (two of my sticking points with most women -- JMHO)

I really like this whole look, except for the tights, wish they were not there (or maybe tights with more transparent fabric would've been better). And finally we get a non-messy hairstyle. Great first appearance for the Duchess.

I am very pleasantly surprised - I think Meghan really made an effort to deliver a tailored and polished look for her first official outing as a Duchess; and I think this is in no small part because it is in honor of her father in law. I have no doubt that "modern Meghan" with her messy bun and casually sloppy style exists - but she knows how to 'duchess' it up when she needs to and this was a very respectful outing. well done!

Absolutely stunning from top to toe! Happy to see that she is wearing her hair in a chignon and that she's wearing stockings (two of my sticking points with most women -- JMHO)
Not just in a chignon but with a twist and NO bits hanging around her face. I think that is quite deliberate as it provides a perfect base for her hat.

I like the minimalist style of her dress and yes, she's wearing stockings. Neat as a pin from head to toe.

The men are dressed rather formally, so I think she looks appropriate. I don't recall many engagements she's been on where most of the men were wearing ties.

I am very pleasantly surprised - I think Meghan really made an effort to deliver a tailored and polished look for her first official outing as a Duchess; and I think this is in no small part because it is in honor of her father in law. I have no doubt that "modern Meghan" with her messy bun and casually sloppy style exists - but she knows how to 'duchess' it up when she needs to and this was a very respectful outing. well done!

This is also much more formal than most of the engagements she's done before marriage. Just look at how Harry is dressed.

Pretty dress (looks ill-fitted in the video but fine in still pics), love the hat, and I'm glad her hair is neat. Do not care for the heavy-ish hose. Something more sheer would have been better.

I am living for this outfit especially that hat. Yes ma'am!

(..)

Back to the Duchess' dress, it's mono colour, which is one of my problem with it. Even though other Royal ladies do this all the time, we've seen the duchess added a dash of colour in an otherwise minimalistic dress and so make it interesting.

I'm excited to see how she's going to insert her personal style into the traditional look expected from a royalty. Hopefully she won't change herself completely trying to fit in.

Not a huge fan of the dress, the color is fine, like many I think that it is ill fitting. Although I love the length on the Duchess. The hat is gorgeous on her and FINALLY, her hair is staying put and looks wonderful (why couldn't this have happened Saturday?). The hose/tights are fine, but maybe a color closer to her skin tone would have been nicer. All in all, not a bad debut as a royal.

Hat, hair and shoes good

The dress does nothing for her - the colour is draining and it doesnt fit properly.

On Saturday her hairdresser stated her hair was suppose to fall she wanted it that way.

(..) I don't think it looks bad at all.

I love this whole look, especially the hat and hair! I don't think the stockings were necessary, however.

Some are speculating that her dress must be the runway edition since the cuffs are slightly different than the one available online. How thin must one be to have a runway dress fit loosely? :ohmy:

I do like the soft look of the color, material, and fit.

The hat looks gorgeous and APPARENTLY the hair, too! Wow, that's an improvement.

P.S. SO, unlike what many on this forum were saying...her hair can stay put...!

This looks like a formal occasion, and her hair may have been rather forcibly subdued.

I rather hope this style of Hat [brimmed, simple and supremely elegant], becomes the 'signature' Millinery for the Duchess, just as vast Feathery ones are for the Duchess of Cornwall, as tilted 'perchers' are for the Duchess of Cambridge and 'Spaceships' are for Lady Sarah Chatto..

It REALLY 'works' on her..

I love this whole look, especially the hat and hair! I don't think the stockings were necessary, however.

i believe they are as it was formal event at Buckingham Palace - stockings/ tights/nylons whatever you want to call them, were appropriate attire for the Duchess. I think a good rule of thumb would be, if they event calls for a hat, then she should be wearing stockings (and yes she will be be held to a higher standard than the guests).

I love everything about this look. It's very much her style in that it's clean and sleek with a twist. Great color, fantastic styling, beautiful hat: she's got this.

Oh, and was Harry there?:whistling:

Pretty dress (looks ill-fitted in the video but fine in still pics), love the hat, and I'm glad her hair is neat. Do not care for the heavy-ish hose. Something more sheer would have been better.
I don't think they are too heavy but the wrong shade. She should ask Camilla what colour she wears because you can really see the difference. Nude does not flatter everyone and often looks pallid. (Including on me!)

i believe they are as it was formal event at Buckingham Palace - stockings/ tights/nylons whatever you want to call them, were appropriate attire for the Duchess. I think a good rule of thumb would be, if they event calls for a hat, then she should be wearing stockings (and yes she will be be held to a higher standard than the guests).

Oh I understand why they are considered appropriate. When I say necessary, I just mean it's the one thing that kind of takes away from the look for me. I don't care for stockings, in general.

Apparently the dress looks better in person than in photographs. I don't hate it but all I can focus on anyways is that hat and those shoes.

It's a very pretty dress to me. I've seen some video and yes, it does look even better in motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom