Old 06-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DesNXWfW0AEdOjy.jpg

The Garden party.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfP92A0X0AAF3rA.jpg:large

Trooping

The brim is different....would they reshape it for one event?

LaRae
I think she just put it on from a different angle to give it a different look. I do remember thinking that the hat looked different from a different angle at the garden party. Well, if you are going to spend the money on Philip Tracy, better be able to wear it multiple times to average out the per wear cost.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

The 'bowl' of the hat looks shallower and wider to me on today's look as compared to the garden party...but hmm.

LaRae

Old 06-09-2018, 08:46 AM
Courtier

...and it's only the second time we see her in blush

Her look is missing something to me, and yes some of you are right, she needs a necklace!

For the hat, I think it's difficult to say are they the same hat. I thought it's same when I first saw it, but there are some differences after comparing them side by side, if they are same one it probably had been modified a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
So glad the berets are gone.
I agree. #teambrimhat
Old 06-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Can you even modify the base of a hat? I understand if embellishment is changed. But I can’t see anyone would change the hat itself. Isn’t that just a new and different hat at that point?
Old 06-09-2018, 08:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Can you even modify the base of a hat? I understand if embellishment is changed. But I can’t see anyone would change the hat itself. Isn’t that just a new and different hat at that point?

I'm sticking with my initial feeling, final answer...new hat!

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 08:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I think it’s the same hat you know which is a real shame. I don’t like anything about it frankly, her hair looks unkempt but then she had to wear it down to cover her shoulders. We seem to have gone from constant pants to constant blush.
How does her hair look 'unkempt'? Her hair looks perfectly styled, with carefully placed curls. At this point everything must be unkempt if it is not up in a tight updo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfPyfqMX4AAvEom.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjzeUpOhK9Q/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjzczRlB...rry_met_meghan
Old 06-09-2018, 08:59 AM
Courtier

I think adjusting the brim is quite common (I first thought she just adjusted the brim), but the brim and crown of the new one are connected differently with the previous one, the new one has a smooth curve and for the previous one there is a clear angle(?).
Old 06-09-2018, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I like the dress/suit but not for today’s event. Off the shoulder at the TTC doesnt do it for me. I think it would be lovely at an evening reception.

Yes, that's what I think too.
Lovely dress but not quite suited for the occasion.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
I think adjusting the brim is quite common (I first thought she just adjusted the brim), but the brim and crown of the new one are connected differently with the previous one, the new one has a smooth curve and for the previous one there is a clear angle(?).
I agree - the crown seems considerably flattened on this one and it gives a muss nicer flow towards the brim. I prefer this one to the one she wore to the GP. I think it frames her head nicer. I could also be wrong on this, but I feel today's hat might be a slightly smaller.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
How does her hair look 'unkempt'? Her hair looks perfectly styled, with carefully placed curls. At this point everything must be unkempt if it is not up in a tight updo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfPzKsVVAAARI6V.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjzeUpOhK9Q/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjzczRlB...rry_met_meghan
Agree! If this is unkempt then mine resembles a rat's nest!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2018, 09:41 AM
Royal Highness

I was surprised with the off the shoulder outfit be Meghan looks good in it. As for its appropriateness,, Meghan's advisor, who has been the Queen's advisor, would have told her this outfit is a no go or Meghan would not have worn it.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:42 AM
Courtier

The top of this outfit is just incredibly dated to me. It looks to me like something the Duchess of York would try to squeeze herself into. The hat was ok.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I was surprised with the off the shoulder outfit be Meghan looks good in it. As for its appropriateness,, Meghan's advisor, who has been the Queen's advisor, would have told her this outfit is a no go or Meghan would not have worn it.

As all successful "firms", the RF surely tries to offer something for every group of "customers". Meghan is the one to sell the monarchy to American tourists. She is "their" princess. It wouldn't do to suddenly become the modest and demure "second class" Royal. IMHO that neckline is a tribute to the Americans who want something "special" from her in the fashion department, while through colour of her dress, simple hat and modest and respectful behaviour on the Balcony, she acts exactly like she should do. There will be some stunning and daring pics for the US-media, but all in all she payed proper respect to the queen, Camilla and Kate as her superiors in the family. I am really charmed by her.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like it, but I wouldn’t say I love it. Not sure why exactly. Off the shoulder really works on her. Hat looked good. Color was nice.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

Meghan and Harry both looked wonderful today. They look well-rested and happy after their honeymoon. They definitely soaked up some sun too wherever they went:

Mad About Meghan
http://meghansmirror.com/royal-style...ng-the-colour/
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/64...errera-design/

I agree with those who say today's hat is different from the one at the Garden Party. The hat Duchess Meg wore today is a bit smaller. Also, the brim is narrower on one side and broader with an up-tuck on the high end.

I don't think Meghan needed to wear a necklace, not with the boatneck off the shoulder styling, and the broad fold around the bodice of the blazer, plus the large buttons down one side. Couple the blazer's styling with Meghan's hair falling around her shoulders in waves, and a necklace would be superfluous. Less is more, and Meghan definitely has a minimalist aesthetic. I think Meghan has nice shoulders and bone structure, so that combined with the blazer's styling is enough. Some might prefer a thin, delicate chain. But everyone's style and preference is different.

The royals likely consult and coordinate with each other in terms of colors so as not to clash. But it seems to me the ladies all have leeway as to the styling of the clothes they choose to wear, within reason. Meghan wore a classic off-the-shoulder boatneck dress at her wedding, and this blazer's boatneck styling is no different. It's not a plunging neckline. Some might find it daring, but it seems highly appropriate on a hot summer day in June. I'm sure Meghan has been guided extensively regarding protocol, and she's seemingly adhering to it fine sartorially and otherwise.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Her first Trooping appearance and Meghan NAILED it...she looked stunningly perfect!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 06-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
As all successful "firms", the RF surely tries to offer something for every group of "customers". Meghan is the one to sell the monarchy to American tourists. She is "their" princess. It wouldn't do to suddenly become the modest and demure "second class" Royal. IMHO that neckline is a tribute to the Americans who want something "special" from her in the fashion department, while through colour of her dress, simple hat and modest and respectful behaviour on the Balcony, she acts exactly like she should do. There will be some stunning and daring pics for the US-media, but all in all she payed proper respect to the queen, Camilla and Kate as her superiors in the family. I am really charmed by her.
BRF have been doing this for years. American tourists are not new.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
IMO the neckline was fine for 'Trooping'...It is a warm Summer day, so 'Summery' is appropriate..
The Countess of Wessex's neckline, however was positively 'Wintry'..

I like the color of Meghan's outfit. Nice hat! I'm glad she's not wearing a beret.

I'm undecided about the neckline for this event, I think it is probably not inappropriate, just different. I agree, it could have used a necklace.

Quote:

I'm American and I think this take on Meghan is just silly.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I'm American and I think this take on Meghan is just silly.
I am in total agreement with you.

Dress is pretty; I love CH.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
...It wouldn't do to suddenly become the modest and demure "second class" Royal. IMHO that neckline is a tribute to the Americans who want something "special" from her in the fashion department...
With fashion websites crashing, I think it's more than just Americans who are interested in Meghan's accessible and fashionable style.

I've responded to your earlier additional comments in Meghan's Future Duties, Roles & Responsibilities thread, as it seems off-topic to discuss here.

Closed Thread