The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 07:57 AM
Courtier

I tried to give that dress a chance and wait for the balcony appearance, but it's just... Just no. The color is fine, the fit is finally okay (kudos for that), but the neckline just spoils everything for me.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:18 AM
Majesty

I like the dress/suit but not for today’s event. Off the shoulder at the TTC doesnt do it for me. I think it would be lovely at an evening reception.

Like the colour and the hat is good. I really think its the same as for the GP but apparently not.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-09-2018, 08:19 AM
Serene Highness

Meghan looks just STUNNING! I love the neckline.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

I like the dress ...the hat is okay...I liked the one she wore to Prince Charles's birthday garden party event better.

Really if you are going to wear that neckline though (which looks fab on her) PLEASE a necklace!

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 08:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Meghan looks just STUNNING! I love the neckline.
The more I see of it, I have to agree. She looks amazing. Youthful and fresh.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I like the dress/suit but not for today’s event. Off the shoulder at the TTC doesnt do it for me. I think it would be lovely at an evening reception.
Yes, that! I couldn't figure out what was wrong with that dress for me and this is the reason. It's a great dress, but not for TTC.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:26 AM
Royal Highness

She looks fabulous! And I agree, the only issue with her outfit was no necklace!
Old 06-09-2018, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Loved this look. She really likes this style of hats.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:28 AM
Majesty

Yes, I've taken another look at the dress and decided I like it very much. Love the neckline and her hat is lovely!
Old 06-09-2018, 08:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
She looks fabulous! And I agree, the only issue with her outfit was no necklace!
MMmm yes that would have finished the look.

And slightly bigger earrings.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think it’s the same hat you know which is a real shame. I don’t like anything about it frankly, her hair looks unkempt but then she had to wear it down to cover her shoulders. We seem to have gone from constant pants to constant blush.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think it's the same hat....I haven't seen a side by side yet but they look different...but maybe it's the angle too.

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

IMO the neckline was fine for 'Trooping'...It is a warm Summer day, so 'Summery' is appropriate..
The Countess of Wessex's neckline, however was positively 'Wintry'..
Old 06-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Majesty

I really like her Caroline Herra peach dress. It the colour really looks gorgeous on her and the wide, almost off the shoulder neckline is really spectacular and once again really let the design speak for itself. The hat is gorgeous and also streamlined and minimalist.

IMO the neckline is perfectly acceptable for the TOC as we only see them going to and from the Parade Ground but since they are not on show on there I definitely give her a pass.

My only reservation is the chance of sunburn!
Old 06-09-2018, 08:34 AM
Royal Highness

And that neckline showed off Meghan's gorgeous skin tone! Yes....bigger earrings OR a necklace would have been great.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
The angle of her titfer look promising.. not an easy thing to perfect for those unused to hats, so 'Bravo Ma'am' !
I think Meghan is doing pretty well in the hat department! Which is good because hats can look odd on someone not used to wearing them at first. But I guess if you get fitted for Phillip Tracy, it better go right. So glad the berets are gone.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Yes, that! I couldn't figure out what was wrong with that dress for me and this is the reason. It's a great dress, but not for TTC.

It is a lovely dress in a very pretty peachy/pink but I agree that it is the neckline is better suited for an evening event. The hat is excellent and it would appear that she's wearing her hair half-up with a few loose curls at the end.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DesNXWfW0AEdOjy.jpg

The Garden party.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfP92A0X0AAF3rA.jpg:large

Trooping

The brim is different....would they reshape it for one event?

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 08:39 AM
Royal Highness

It looks like the same hat but she turned up the brim for Trooping?
Old 06-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I think it’s the same hat you know which is a real shame. I don’t like anything about it frankly, her hair looks unkempt but then she had to wear it down to cover her shoulders. We seem to have gone from constant pants to constant blush.
Her hair doesn’t look anymore unkept as any other ladies that has rode in the carriage or on that balcony with long flowing hair. And blush is the new black rather than pants. I’m wondering when we’ll first see her in pants as The Duchess of Sussex? Won’t be next week, but can’t wait!

Closed Thread