The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Majesty

Meghan’s learning. Wearing Irish republican colours when she visited Ulster was a major mistake but she and her advisors apparently didn’t know the difference between the Republic of Ireland and NI, which is part of the U.K.

Supporting British fashion is what’s expected of Meghan.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
For me, I've never followed someone's fashion as much as I have Meghan's, especially her accessories. Her main pieces/dresses are often out of my budget, but I find her purses, some of her shoes and some of her tops to be more in my budget.

I've probably added three or four new fashion companies, small brands at that, to my list because of Meghan.

And I got my Strathberry two days ago and its even more perfect in person!
Yes. It's quite amazing what she has been able to already do for smaller brands. Some pretty amazing stories from those companies just during the engagement. And as I consumer I do appreciate her putting more options forward, although my wallet has a different opinion.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Yes. It's quite amazing what she has been able to already do for smaller brands. Some pretty amazing stories from those companies just during the engagement. And as I consumer I do appreciate her putting more options forward, although my wallet has a different opinion.
My bank account was like "are we sure" when I got my Strathberrys Although I am glad I got two when I did because they have REALLY increased the price

I think the story of the Welsh jeans is really great. They are on my list as well.

IMO Meghan has brought some really, really local brands to the international spotlight in a way few royals have for the BRF.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Majesty

I agree. I think it's especially great that she brought that small firm of jeans manufacturers into the spotlight and really improved their fortunes. Good on her!
Old 06-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
My bank account was like "are we sure" when I got Strathberrys Although I am glad I got two when I did because they have REALLY increased the price

I think the story of the Welsh jeans is really great. They are on my list as well.

IMO Meghan has brought some really, really local brands to the international spotlight in a way few royals have for the BRF.
Hmm, that's interesting about Strathberry. But I suppose supply and demand is the normal part of business. I believe Strathberry auctioned off the last bag that's like Meghan's Nottingham bag from that lot for charity. Not sure if they've subsequently restocked, but it was a nice gesture from them. I usually don't like buying bags until I've seen them in person, and I haven't had time to go track them down at Saks yet (which I believe is the only retailer in US for them?).

I do like these nice stories. Very uplifting. Especially when you hear about smaller businesses that really needs that boost. I loved her Burberry pants that sold out too, but that's probably a much smaller boost to their bottom line percentage wise.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Hmm, that's interesting about Strathberry. But I suppose supply and demand is the normal part of business. I believe Strathberry auctioned off the last bag that's like Meghan's Nottingham bag from that lot for charity. Not sure if they've subsequently restocked, but it was a nice gesture from them. I usually don't like buying bags until I've seen them in person, and I haven't had time to go track them down at Saks yet (which I believe is the only retailer in US for them?).

I do like these nice stories. Very uplifting. Especially when you hear about smaller businesses that really needs that boost. I loved her Burberry pants that sold out too, but that's probably a much smaller boost to their bottom line percentage wise.
I lucked out with Meghan's version of the Strathberry and got it a second before it sold out. I also got a different version I saw and liked too. I believe that is still available.

Still waiting on my Charlotte Elizabeth though!

And I agree, re bigger brands. Meghan supporting more indie UK brands is super important, probably moreso than flagship British brands although that is also important too.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I lucked out with Meghan's version of the Strathberry and got it a second before it sold out. I also got a different version I saw and liked too. I believe that is still available.

Still waiting on my Charlotte Elizabeth though!

And I agree, re bigger brands. Meghan supporting more indie UK brands is super important, probably moreso than flagship British brands although that is also important too.
Yes, both of the Strathberrys that she's been seen with are still out of stock.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Updated interview with Hiut Denim in what's happened since Meghan wore their jeans back in Cardiff. Surprisingly, it was the British Fashion Council that recommended them to her team.

https://people.com/royals/how-meghan...-a-welsh-town/
Aww. Sweet article. I am glad they have been able to turn things around and even expand.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:54 PM
Majesty

Why do people want to wear what Meghan (or any other royal) wears?
Old 06-01-2018, 08:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Why do people want to wear what Meghan (or any other royal) wears?
Because when she wears cute things, people think those things will look cute on them, too. I'm waiting for a few of her clothing pieces to show up from my favorite pattern designers so I can make my own knock offs.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:32 AM
Nobility

The Duchess looking lovely in pink/blush for Trooping:

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incomin...the-Colour.jpg

Perfect neckline for her.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent

The angle of her titfer look promising.. not an easy thing to perfect for those unused to hats, so 'Bravo Ma'am' !
Old 06-09-2018, 05:50 AM
Majesty

Pale pink and a very nice hat it looks like. Very promising!
Old 06-09-2018, 05:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Sussex is wearing a dress by Carolina Herrera and a hat by Philip Treacy
Old 06-09-2018, 05:59 AM
Courtier

Is it the same hat as the one from garden party?
Old 06-09-2018, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

No I don't think so.

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 06:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Is it the same hat as the one from garden party?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfPaj1LW0AE6PIL.jpg:large

Nope
Old 06-09-2018, 06:11 AM
Courtier

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/20...7002675418.jpg

Same asymmetry but the brim is slightly different, difficult to say.

Edit: probably a different one, the crown(?) part is quite different.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dd7jqoNV4AUqukm.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfPZBjrVQAAHcnp.jpg:large
Old 06-09-2018, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The duchess looking pretty in pink on her first Trooping the Colour!
Old 06-09-2018, 07:53 AM
Gentry

Seems it's not a dress, but blazer (is it right word? I am no good in English fashion terms) and skirt.

Closed Thread