Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
Petty cash......and now I must goggle boxing gloves LOL

LaRae

Old 05-22-2018, 11:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm waiting for Fashion Maven to see that hat! I want that hat.

LaRae
I need FashionMaven to stop in to let me know what she likes, then explain to me why I should like it, too.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
I think this is very much her style. From the way the men are dressed, this looks like a pretty dressed up occasion. Love the hat, like the dress--although not the color.

My husband when he saw the pics immediately told me: from the colours she looks like she is the lady-in-waiting. And I thought about what I heard about her horoscope and her university degree - she is a perfect diplomat from her talents and her studies plus she obviously took a page out of Kate's book.

So of course she would do what she can to not upstage Charles' "Darling wife". So we should get used to her wearing classical clothing in demure colours as long as she is in the company of the other Royal women till about the time she has her first child. That's IMHO what Kate did and it worked out perfectly for her: recycled clothes to avoid these terrible tabloid stories about her style and where to get this in cheap; colourful and friendly clothes for foreign trips where she is in the middle of the interest including some real stunners, lovely ballgowns when she represents the Royal family.

I had hoped that Meghan would go for it more after the dress in the engagement pics, but I think she completely understands that in her position she has to take great care not to outshine the female in-laws and never appear too sexy.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:01 AM
Aristocracy

Gorgeous "first engagement" outfit!

Especially love the hat and hair....very classy!
Old 05-23-2018, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very simple and elegant dress. Love the hat!
Old 05-23-2018, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Love the look. The look is very elegant and beautiful.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

that was a fine look but nothing special and wow
the dress is ill fitted and it's not the first time Meghan wore ill fitted clothes ad i wonder if she prefers it that way
hat and hair are best part of the outfit,i am in love with this hat
Old 05-24-2018, 03:36 AM
Majesty

Style-wise we are only now beginning to get a real sense of Meghan's style with the onset of warmer weather. Let's face it, we all either loved or hated her coats but we never really got a clear and coherent sense of what was under said coats.

It seems she is not into very fitted clothing at this point in time. She started with the straight sheath ensemble with her ANZAC Day ensemble and the Garden Party ensemble has much the same straight column silhouette.

However, her millinery magic is on track to keep us in a fervent debate. It was also noted that she was holding her clutch the same way Catherine tends to at formal engagements.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

This pink dress is to die for.... perfect figure, perfect hair !
Old 05-24-2018, 09:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

MARG I also noticed she has the front hand clasp down as well.

LaRae
Old 05-24-2018, 09:46 AM
Courtier

I don't love the dress in close up shots but I like the lines of it if I sort of squint and ignore the details. The clothing taken on its own is my least favorite things she's worn so far (the hose are so bad!) but you know, it's a garden party. I feel like the goal of royal dressing for these parties is a little different than it is for their other events, and dressing to be the lower ranking royal present is different from appearances where she and Harry are the main show. And it's quite different yet from dressing for red carpets and chat show appearances. So picking the right dress for this a task that she and whoever is helping her shop have never had to take on before; I think they did a serviceable job in the first attempt.

All that said, her head looks FANTASTIC! That hat really suits her, the hairstyle really suits it, her makeup looks fresh, the earrings are lovely...all in all, I think she's got a great look from the neck up.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
The choices available for POC for stockings has evolved. There are easily 10 choices (at least there are at Macy's). It could be the color chosen was deliberate or the brand she has used in the past is not available in the UK so she will need to find an alternative. Or it could be that she is just not used to wearing stockings on a regular. I know when I found my color, it became my to go. I always look for a specific brand and color. When I have to go outside my brand, its always a hit or miss.
Agreed and disagreed. The choices are more broad now, but not in terms of undertone - which is where my color match issues come into play. Most hosiery I find is too red or too brown when what I need is something with more yellow undertones. I imagine this would be hard for Meghan too.

Quote:
To me the outfit is fine, not that excited about the color but its not about Meghan. Since she is a supporting player to today's event, she doesn't need to stand out out. She needs to be seen by the guests but the main focus needs to be on the Princes of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. I think she knows that.
I thought Meghan looked fabulous - that hat was just sharp but somehow still adhering to Meghan's aesthetic. The dress was a bit too demure for my taste but I *think* Meghan was adhering to her "clean and architectural" aesthetic - that wedding dress she wore shouted to the heavens that she was going to be the clean, modern and minimalistic archetype of royal fashion. Of fashion in general.

But there is, imo, a fine line between being minimalist and modern with an architectural flair and being plain and demure. I felt like the dress was just a tad too far over into demure - especially with a prim and soft color like that - however, the HAT SOLD it. The sharpness and ASYMMETRY of the hat was just ... *kisses fingers* brilliant.

I'd wear that hat and I'm usually afraid of hats.

Also - her look worked as a cohesive whole. The heels? Perfect. The hat? PERFECTION. The hose? Tone on tone to go with the dress. The dress? A little prim, but honestly the hat was the star.

That's a really amazing first outing as a Duchess.

And last but not least - did anyone watch the video of Meghan walking with Harry back inside Buckingham Palace? FIERCE WALK!! OMG twitter was in flames talking about that walk - whew! I don't think we've seen that walk from Meghan before - or maybe I just never noticed, but WOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm waiting for Fashion Maven to see that hat! I want that hat.

LaRae
I saw it!! I saw it!!! And I LOOOOOOOVEEEEEDDDDDD IT!!!

I'd totally buy that hat. I have a fascinator that's an asymmetrical style - but I'd totally wear that hat (if I could be assured I could keep it on my head).

It was so sharp and exactly the edge her more prim dress (though clean and architectural) needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
I need FashionMaven to stop in to let me know what she likes, then explain to me why I should like it, too.

Touchè my dear.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
I saw it!! I saw it!!! And I LOOOOOOOVEEEEEDDDDDD IT!!!

I'd totally buy that hat. I have a fascinator that's an asymmetrical style - but I'd totally wear that hat (if I could be assured I could keep it on my head).

It was so sharp and exactly the edge her more prim dress (though clean and architectural) needed.

She had a somewhat 30's look with a modern hat and I loved it!

Now about this walk..YES I spotted that right away and even commented here about it but I don't think anyone responded to it! How she did it on grass I'll never know...I'd of been trying to keep from sinking!

LaRae
Old 05-28-2018, 05:02 AM
Royal Highness

What a WOW-zer as first outfit for the new Duchess of Sussex!
Looove everything from head to toes!
Cannot wait for more!
BYe Bine
Old 06-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Updated interview with Hiut Denim in what's happened since Meghan wore their jeans back in Cardiff. Surprisingly, it was the British Fashion Council that recommended them to her team.

https://people.com/royals/how-meghan...-a-welsh-town/
Old 06-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Majesty

I’m not surprised. Meghan wouldn’t have a clue about this company unless someone mentioned it to her.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I’m not surprised. Meghan wouldn’t have a clue about this company unless someone mentioned it to her.
Most wouldn't (I personally wouldn't have). Which is why it was great that she supported them and gave them unprecedented attention.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:02 PM
Majesty

British royals are supposed to wear British brands and support the local economy.

Meghan isn’t reinventing the wheel by doing this. Probably one of the first things she was told do.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Most wouldn't (I personally wouldn't have). Which is why it was great that she supported them and gave them unprecedented attention.

I agree with you. And it's good that she did because she looks amazing in that outfit...I'd buy those jeans IF I could afford them!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 06-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

For me, I've never followed someone's fashion as much as I have Meghan's, especially her accessories. Her main pieces/dresses are often out of my budget, but I find her purses, some of her shoes and some of her tops to be more in my budget.

I've probably added three or four new fashion companies, small brands at that, to my list because of Meghan.

And I got my Strathberry two days ago and its even more perfect in person!

Closed Thread