The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2018 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan’s learning. Wearing Irish republican colours when she visited Ulster was a major mistake but she and her advisors apparently didn’t know the difference between the Republic of Ireland and NI, which is part of the U.K.

Supporting British fashion is what’s expected of Meghan.

For me, I've never followed someone's fashion as much as I have Meghan's, especially her accessories. Her main pieces/dresses are often out of my budget, but I find her purses, some of her shoes and some of her tops to be more in my budget.

I've probably added three or four new fashion companies, small brands at that, to my list because of Meghan.

And I got my Strathberry two days ago and its even more perfect in person!

Yes. It's quite amazing what she has been able to already do for smaller brands. Some pretty amazing stories from those companies just during the engagement. And as I consumer I do appreciate her putting more options forward, although my wallet has a different opinion. :whistling:

Yes. It's quite amazing what she has been able to already do for smaller brands. Some pretty amazing stories from those companies just during the engagement. And as I consumer I do appreciate her putting more options forward, although my wallet has a different opinion. :whistling:

My bank account was like "are we sure" when I got my Strathberrys ??? Although I am glad I got two when I did because they have REALLY increased the price :ohmy:

I think the story of the Welsh jeans is really great. They are on my list as well.

IMO Meghan has brought some really, really local brands to the international spotlight in a way few royals have for the BRF.

Last edited:
I agree. I think it's especially great that she brought that small firm of jeans manufacturers into the spotlight and really improved their fortunes. Good on her!

My bank account was like "are we sure" when I got Strathberrys ??? Although I am glad I got two when I did because they have REALLY increased the price :ohmy:

I think the story of the Welsh jeans is really great. They are on my list as well.

IMO Meghan has brought some really, really local brands to the international spotlight in a way few royals have for the BRF.

Hmm, that's interesting about Strathberry. But I suppose supply and demand is the normal part of business. I believe Strathberry auctioned off the last bag that's like Meghan's Nottingham bag from that lot for charity. Not sure if they've subsequently restocked, but it was a nice gesture from them. I usually don't like buying bags until I've seen them in person, and I haven't had time to go track them down at Saks yet (which I believe is the only retailer in US for them?).

I do like these nice stories. Very uplifting. Especially when you hear about smaller businesses that really needs that boost. I loved her Burberry pants that sold out too, but that's probably a much smaller boost to their bottom line percentage wise. :lol:

Hmm, that's interesting about Strathberry. But I suppose supply and demand is the normal part of business. I believe Strathberry auctioned off the last bag that's like Meghan's Nottingham bag from that lot for charity. Not sure if they've subsequently restocked, but it was a nice gesture from them. I usually don't like buying bags until I've seen them in person, and I haven't had time to go track them down at Saks yet (which I believe is the only retailer in US for them?).

I do like these nice stories. Very uplifting. Especially when you hear about smaller businesses that really needs that boost. I loved her Burberry pants that sold out too, but that's probably a much smaller boost to their bottom line percentage wise. :lol:

I lucked out with Meghan's version of the Strathberry and got it a second before it sold out. I also got a different version I saw and liked too. I believe that is still available.

Still waiting on my Charlotte Elizabeth though!

And I agree, re bigger brands. Meghan supporting more indie UK brands is super important, probably moreso than flagship British brands although that is also important too.

I lucked out with Meghan's version of the Strathberry and got it a second before it sold out. I also got a different version I saw and liked too. I believe that is still available.

Still waiting on my Charlotte Elizabeth though!

And I agree, re bigger brands. Meghan supporting more indie UK brands is super important, probably moreso than flagship British brands although that is also important too.

Yes, both of the Strathberrys that she's been seen with are still out of stock.

Why do people want to wear what Meghan (or any other royal) wears?

Why do people want to wear what Meghan (or any other royal) wears?

Because when she wears cute things, people think those things will look cute on them, too. I'm waiting for a few of her clothing pieces to show up from my favorite pattern designers so I can make my own knock offs. ?

The angle of her titfer look promising.. not an easy thing to perfect for those unused to hats, so 'Bravo Ma'am' !

Pale pink and a very nice hat it looks like. Very promising!

The Duchess of Sussex is wearing a dress by Carolina Herrera and a hat by Philip Treacy

Is it the same hat as the one from garden party?

No I don't think so.

LaRae

The duchess looking pretty in pink on her first Trooping the Colour!

Seems it's not a dress, but blazer (is it right word? I am no good in English fashion terms) and skirt.

I tried to give that dress a chance and wait for the balcony appearance, but it's just... Just no. The color is fine, the fit is finally okay (kudos for that), but the neckline just spoils everything for me.

I like the dress/suit but not for today’s event. Off the shoulder at the TTC doesnt do it for me. I think it would be lovely at an evening reception.

Like the colour and the hat is good. I really think its the same as for the GP but apparently not.

Meghan looks just STUNNING! I love the neckline.

I like the dress ...the hat is okay...I liked the one she wore to Prince Charles's birthday garden party event better.

Really if you are going to wear that neckline though (which looks fab on her) PLEASE a necklace!

LaRae

I like the dress/suit but not for today’s event. Off the shoulder at the TTC doesnt do it for me. I think it would be lovely at an evening reception.
Yes, that! I couldn't figure out what was wrong with that dress for me and this is the reason. It's a great dress, but not for TTC.

Loved this look. She really likes this style of hats.

Yes, I've taken another look at the dress and decided I like it very much. Love the neckline and her hat is lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom