The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 06:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Well, I really like the outfit - understated elegance and very light and airy to wear for a sunny garden party. I do particularly like the hat because of the wide brim.
It is nice. Wasn’t sure at first, but in motion, the dress looks nice and comfortable for a sunny day.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

As always, classy and beautiful, with perfectly chosen outfit

Old 05-22-2018, 06:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

I love that she is so easily able to walk in those heels on that grass! I'd break an ankle!

LaRae
Old 05-22-2018, 06:46 PM
Courtier

She held her hat down a couple of times. I've never worn a hat like that before. How do they stay on?
Old 05-22-2018, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

She has definitely stepped it up since her pre marriage engagements and her wedding look; it looks like she actually put in effort. The dress isn't a perfect fit but it still looks good on her. I've been a fan of 90%/ of her hats and this one is no different.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbside View Post
She held her hat down a couple of times. I've never worn a hat like that before. How do they stay on?
I'm going to guess it's a snug fit and she's wearing hatpins.

LaRae
Old 05-22-2018, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

She looked lovely and appropriate.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:06 PM
Majesty

I was just checking out the clip on Youtube and realised that Meghan's hat is not just chic or elegant, it may not have feathers or bows, but it does have an asymmetrical brim and it's stunning from the side and the back.

I loved the dress "rose pink and taupe" Flavia Dress. A lot of the commentators are calling the dress white!
Old 05-22-2018, 08:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes I'm not sure why they are saying white...I mean maybe in direct sunlight it might wash out..but it's a blushy-beige almost to me.

Her hat is awesome..my favorite thing she has on.

LaRae
Old 05-22-2018, 08:50 PM
Majesty

I think we will call all such dresses 'OPRAH' dresses in that while they are one colour, they photograph like white or cream. To be honest, so too did Catherine's primrose coatdress.

One US commentator was wittering on about Meghan's wearing white to her first engagement as HRH The Duchess of Sussex because she got married on Saturday and wants to keep the feeling.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

I was excited to get home to see photos of today and not disappointed

I see people saying that she has broken away from her modernist style, and not being herself. I disagree.

This is a garden party. It called for something soft and flowing. If Kate was there, she would likely have been in one of her lace or flowery looks. But those aren't Meghan's style. She chose a simple, still pretty clean lines and nothing frufru about it, dress. But it is softened in the lovely blush color, and the retro vibe of the look gives it a softness we haven't seen before.

Perfect balance, her simple taste, but with a soft retro vibe. Perfect

And as a hat lover, I am in insane heaven. I absolutely love her hat. A proper brimmed hat. Proper hats don't require ribbons or flowers to make them fantastic. I love the style of this, fits the retro feel. Fantastic choice.

And the stunning updo. I can only imagine how many boxes of hairpins it took to keep it up. Looks amazing with the hat.

Now this is the vintage I like. Not the 60s coat dress and those horrible box hats. Box hats suit very few people, Maxima one of only ones I like them on.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm waiting for Fashion Maven to see that hat! I want that hat.

LaRae
Old 05-22-2018, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Perfection head to toe. The hat is a real hat, perfectly placed, with a great neat hairdo and no hanging bits! The dress fits nicely, the shoulder seams from the rear view are spot on, and I love the bias cut in the bodice. The heels are way too high, but that is my critique with many royal ladies. Brava duchess
Old 05-22-2018, 10:05 PM
Aristocracy

Not a particular fan of this look. Those tights looked like Mother of the Bride attire circa 1988.

The dress doesn't fit well to me. The oddly-cut bust seam makes her waist area look boxy and the sleeves look dated.

From the neck up, she looks great. The neat side chignon, the chic, jaunty hat, the LOVELY rose earrings (that I absolutely must find a dupe of) all work but the overall finish, while appropriate and classy, was not impressive, IMHO.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm waiting for Fashion Maven to see that hat! I want that hat.

LaRae

But the hat line starts here Pranter!
Old 05-22-2018, 10:20 PM
Courtier

I quite like Meghan's look for the day after her wedding.
There is something still a little bridal or 'going away' about it.
I'm not sure about the dusky pale legs?

Camilla looks lovely and she and Charles seem proud to show off the new couple.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I quite like Meghan's look for the day after her wedding.
There is something still a little bridal or 'going away' about it.
I'm not sure about the dusky pale legs?

Camilla looks lovely and she and Charles seem proud to show off the new couple.
IMO, it’s her best look yet.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
But the hat line starts here Pranter!

I would fight someone over that hat!

PS It only cost 2000 (and I have no idea if that's American or Pounds)

LaRae
Old 05-22-2018, 10:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Meghan is off to a great start as a Duchess. I loved the entirety of her outfit and her accessories and her hair. Her appearance has a 30s vibe to me, yet with modern elements like the shoes. I love that soft, sleek look which I think suits her body. The hat is perfection! Love the stockings, too. I think they match the outfit, being in a colour not unlike the sheer sleeves. I am old enough to think that a hat and court shoes require stockings. 10 out of 10 from me.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I would fight someone over that hat!

PS It only cost 2000 (and I have no idea if that's American or Pounds)

LaRae

Petty cash......and now I must google boxing gloves LOL

Closed Thread