The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

With the flash the makeup looks harsh and i see what others are seeing, but under normal lighting she looks fantastic.
I also agree that the other guests looked awesome.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Part of Meghans job is to look classy and elegant. Every event at Buckingham Palace is to be carried off in a dignified manner. Having said that, a gala event is where the ladies can dazzle with gowns and jewels and the men look superbly dashing in uniforms and medals.
I agree. She is doing that: looking classy and elegant. Well done imo.

Must mention the picture of her taken in the car: she looks gorgeous! I know she's an attractive woman, but that random, unposed photo captures a truly exquisite moment. She is radiant and glowing.

(Agree with comments regarding the make-up and flash photography: so much of what one 'sees' is the vagaries of photography that cannot completely be 100% pre-accounted).

Old 06-27-2018, 01:54 AM
Majesty

I was watching a clip of Meghan and HM on YouTube and remember hearing the presenter saying she was debuting her new eyebrows. Well I looked and her hair was all over the place thanks to the wind but this latest engagement demonstrated exactly how she has reshaped her eyebrows and I nearly fell off my chair.

There she sat with perfect glossy wavy hair parted in the centre with not a hair out of place. However, her hair was so perfect that we couldn't see the arch, just that they shot up and there she sat, perfectly posed and motionless . . . she looked like a Stepford wife.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:10 AM
Courtier

She can look classy, poised and appropriate without choosing a difference shade of blergh every time! She can not-outshine the Queen without wearing what looks like a double breasted '80s power suit gone wrong. She can develop her own 'signature style' while incorporating at least a bit of variety!

None of this is difficult to get right, as a mature woman who's lived in the public spotlight for years at this point with a budget that the rest of us can only dream of. She is apparently interested in fashion and style but you wouldn't know based on her outfits so far.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
She can look classy, poised and appropriate without choosing a difference shade of blergh every time! She can not-outshine the Queen without wearing what looks like a double breasted '80s power suit gone wrong. She can develop her own 'signature style' while incorporating at least a bit of variety!
I think the Queen (in this instance) is easily 'outshone'. Look at what HM is wearing. Also, I think what Meghan is currently wearing is plenty unusual for her. It's all new from her perspective, nothing like anything she has ever worn before, and that being so, it must be fun.

She's inhabiting a role. I will speculate that she doesn't want to have the news be about her dress or comportment in a negative way. She is interested in substance. Just a hunch. She will never use her public events in a flashy way, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
None of this is difficult to get right, as a mature woman who's lived in the public spotlight for years at this point with a budget that the rest of us can only dream of. She is apparently interested in fashion and style but you wouldn't know based on her outfits so far.
Just how hard it is to 'get right' one has only to read this thread. It's plenty hard to 'get right' I'd say. Also, what we see is Meghan inhabiting a role at a public event. She may have been having more (personal) fun with the flowery wedding dress no one liked but that was on her time. Will she ever get it 'right' for all the public? I think not for everyone all the time. For sure not. But she is doing just fine imo.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like Meghan's outfit, it's nice enough, but I would have liked it even more in a different colour than another beige. And, another button outfit, time for a change, its getting boring.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:49 AM
Nobility

I agree that the Young Leaders were very nicely turned out, they’re going to need their own fashion thread!

I thought Meghan looked very nice as well, and her neutral palette allowed others to shine.

In some photos she reminds me of Julia Roberts.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

In love of the shoes and the upp part of the outfit that neckline suits her figure just perfectely Imo, don't mind the color it's better that black or white... However the make up is so unnatural and harsh and she looks plastic. The skirt isn't my cup of tea either.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Her outfit was a blush color, not beige.

I don't think we are going to see Meghan in any sort of 'wow' outfits (I'm not sure what some of you folks think is not boring?) while she is at work ..at the personal events or evening engagements that is when we will see something different. She's dressing to suit the role right now...as she is expected to.

LaRae
Old 06-27-2018, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Her outfit actually does look beige in many shots, not that this is a problem for me. It isn't.

Her makeup under normal lighting looked beautiful, as it normally does. I love this shot. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgoxER4XcAA0ph1?format=jpg
Old 06-27-2018, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes...she looks really good in some pics....I saw one earlier on the Court Jeweler's FB page...it was gorgeous. Doesn't look overly made up at all.

LaRae
Old 06-27-2018, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

....late to the post, but I’d say she looked fine. Love the shoes!
Old 06-27-2018, 02:32 PM
Serene Highness

My days of wearing shoes like that are loooong over, but I do covet them. :):)
Old 06-27-2018, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
She's only a month into the role so I can well understand why she is playing it safe. Had she worn a vibrant colour or pattern(not her style) she would have been seen to be competing for attention with the Queen. As for wearing more British or Commonwealth designers, there's plenty of time for that, particularly when she starts to visit the Commonwealth.
Totally agree with this....I'm one who typically is not a fan of Meghan's clothing choices. She's worn only a handful of outfits that I really liked and some that were ok. Nothing that I'm just overly in love with but that's just because we have different personal tastes. Frankly, as long as they fit well and don't appear to be at least one (and sometimes several) sizes too big then it's kind of a win as far as her clothing choices go. However, I do think this whole monochrome and beige/blush thing is boring and even though it's her "signature" it can still be overdone and worn out. I agree that bold and bright colors and patterns aren't her style and that's definitely ok but Meghan would look lovely in colors like a soft baby blue, mint green, light yellow, lilac...pastels would be beautiful on her and not too far outside her current color palette. So I guess for those who don't understand the "boring" comments...I'd simply like to see her branch out into some nice pastels that are well fitted and tailored for her shape and size.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

As a chap, it seems incredible to me that ANY Woman would chose to restrict her colour palette..
Men have far fewer options with colour [altho' more than our fathers EVER dreamed of].
Surely life is TOO short to arbitrarily exclude anything in the kaleidoscope of colours available [unless it doesn't 'suit' or is otherwise disliked].
Old 06-27-2018, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not all colors look good though on a woman...so sometimes self restriction is required.

LaRae
Old 06-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Majesty

I find this ladylike, polished, neutral and well-fitted. In other words, appropriate.

I will be astounded if she ever takes to a vibrantly colored palette for her attire. Not only has she preferred neutrals colors for years, I think she has no desire to ignite comparisons to other royals by drawing son much attention to herself. The reasoning behind that is that I believe she and Harry know they will provide good PR for TRF but they have no desire to be mobbed or idolized in the process. I think they are just fine trying to fit into a 4th place role (after The Queen and Phillip, The POW and Cams, Wills and Kate).

She does not need to dress like a magpie to get attention. I think its wise that she is fairly meh, if perfectly turned out, these days. It shows the maturity of the mid-30s Woman that she is. And she takes her fashion style risk with cut, drape, fit, tailoring. And the bags and shoes (love the bags and shoes).

Yes I realize the press and some of us will always make comparisons. I just also believe the Sussexes are methodically not throwing fuel on that particular fire.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

I think you are absolutely. correct
Old 06-27-2018, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
So I guess for those who don't understand the "boring" comments...I'd simply like to see her branch out into some nice pastels that are well fitted and tailored for her shape and size.
Give her time. She has 'officially' been on the scene 7 months, and in those 7 months how many times have we seen her 'officially'? 7 times? 10 times? What is she suppose to be doing in 7 months (only 1 month as a married royal) to ensure that she is not boring? I am clueless, but there you go. To each their own.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:56 PM
Royal Highness

I so very much love this *boring look* for it is so *Chic, Elegant and Sophisticated* and really does make her look outstanding in all ways. This woman knows her style, what looks good on her dresses with a cutting edge that so far none can compare.......let me see more of this please........to hell with the weird stuff ........

Closed Thread