Heir Apparent

Quote:
Goat Fashion's website has crashed.
*Natch* !!!!

Old 05-22-2018, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I am very pleasantly surprised - I think Meghan really made an effort to deliver a tailored and polished look for her first official outing as a Duchess; and I think this is in no small part because it is in honor of her father in law. I have no doubt that "modern Meghan" with her messy bun and casually sloppy style exists - but she knows how to 'duchess' it up when she needs to and this was a very respectful outing. well done!
This is also much more formal than most of the engagements she's done before marriage. Just look at how Harry is dressed.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
The dress is lovely but again, ill-fitted to my eye.

https://twitter.com/DelMody/status/998950699626041344
I think it's just Meghan and the type of her body figure. She's tiny and slim, but looks a bit boxy. It makes the clothes look... off on her.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:36 PM
Serene Highness

Pretty dress (looks ill-fitted in the video but fine in still pics), love the hat, and I'm glad her hair is neat. Do not care for the heavy-ish hose. Something more sheer would have been better.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I am living for this outfit especially that hat. Yes ma'am!
Old 05-22-2018, 12:44 PM
Commoner

(..)

Back to the Duchess' dress, it's mono colour, which is one of my problem with it. Even though other Royal ladies do this all the time, we've seen the duchess added a dash of colour in an otherwise minimalistic dress and so make it interesting.

I'm excited to see how she's going to insert her personal style into the traditional look expected from a royalty. Hopefully she won't change herself completely trying to fit in.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I dislike the dress. I'm not a fan of the color and the fit is terrible.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/20...7004672359.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/20...7002675418.jpg

Absolute love the hat and her hairstyle. Her hat game is on point.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not a huge fan of the dress, the color is fine, like many I think that it is ill fitting. Although I love the length on the Duchess. The hat is gorgeous on her and FINALLY, her hair is staying put and looks wonderful (why couldn't this have happened Saturday?). The hose/tights are fine, but maybe a color closer to her skin tone would have been nicer. All in all, not a bad debut as a royal.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Majesty

Hat, hair and shoes good

The dress does nothing for her - the colour is draining and it doesnt fit properly.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-22-2018, 01:01 PM
Royal Highness

On Saturday her hairdresser stated her hair was suppose to fall she wanted it that way.

(..) I don't think it looks bad at all.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:06 PM
Courtier

I love this whole look, especially the hat and hair! I don't think the stockings were necessary, however.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Some are speculating that her dress must be the runway edition since the cuffs are slightly different than the one available online. How thin must one be to have a runway dress fit loosely?

I do like the soft look of the color, material, and fit.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
The hat looks gorgeous and APPARENTLY the hair, too! Wow, that's an improvement.

P.S. SO, unlike what many on this forum were saying...her hair can stay put...!
This looks like a formal occasion, and her hair may have been rather forcibly subdued.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I rather hope this style of Hat [brimmed, simple and supremely elegant], becomes the 'signature' Millinery for the Duchess, just as vast Feathery ones are for the Duchess of Cornwall, as tilted 'perchers' are for the Duchess of Cambridge and 'Spaceships' are for Lady Sarah Chatto..

It REALLY 'works' on her..
Old 05-22-2018, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
I love this whole look, especially the hat and hair! I don't think the stockings were necessary, however.
i believe they are as it was formal event at Buckingham Palace - stockings/ tights/nylons whatever you want to call them, were appropriate attire for the Duchess. I think a good rule of thumb would be, if they event calls for a hat, then she should be wearing stockings (and yes she will be be held to a higher standard than the guests).
Old 05-22-2018, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

I love everything about this look. It's very much her style in that it's clean and sleek with a twist. Great color, fantastic styling, beautiful hat: she's got this.

Oh, and was Harry there?
Old 05-22-2018, 01:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenPenny View Post
Pretty dress (looks ill-fitted in the video but fine in still pics), love the hat, and I'm glad her hair is neat. Do not care for the heavy-ish hose. Something more sheer would have been better.
I don't think they are too heavy but the wrong shade. She should ask Camilla what colour she wears because you can really see the difference. Nude does not flatter everyone and often looks pallid. (Including on me!)
Old 05-22-2018, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
i believe they are as it was formal event at Buckingham Palace - stockings/ tights/nylons whatever you want to call them, were appropriate attire for the Duchess. I think a good rule of thumb would be, if they event calls for a hat, then she should be wearing stockings (and yes she will be be held to a higher standard than the guests).
Oh I understand why they are considered appropriate. When I say necessary, I just mean it's the one thing that kind of takes away from the look for me. I don't care for stockings, in general.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently the dress looks better in person than in photographs. I don't hate it but all I can focus on anyways is that hat and those shoes.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:36 PM
Courtier

It's a very pretty dress to me. I've seen some video and yes, it does look even better in motion.

Closed Thread