The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
What about renting a garment? Many celebs rent designer garments.

Meghan is no longer a "celeb." As a member of the BRF she wouldn't be renting clothing.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:51 PM
Nobility

Just to be clear though - this was a private event.

Her clothing was paid for/organised by herself / family. She has plenty of disposable wealth in her own right - technically more than Harry and as she was not representing anyone yesterday, the cost & designer of her dress is entirely her private business.

Old 06-17-2018, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
Just to be clear though - this was a private event.

Her clothing was paid for/organised by herself / family. She has plenty of disposable wealth in her own right - technically more than Harry and as she was not representing anyone yesterday, the cost & designer of her dress is entirely her private business.

That is was a private event does not matter. Even for a private event a member of the BRF would not be wearing "gifts" from a designer.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
Actually this dress is completely Meghan's style. The print itself is bold. It's ill fitted, she favors larger more "relaxed" clothing on her frame. The dress she wore to the wedding in Jamaica was similar in fit and also a bold pattern.

Meghan's more popular stylings seem to occur when she's actually styled for an event. When it's just herself (I'm guessing), she doesn't seem to like getting her clothing tailored.

Personally I quite like this dress, and if it fit better it would have been a smash. Unfortunately it's way too big and looks as though it's wearing her, rather than Meghan wearing it.
I feel the same way. If it fit her the way it fits the woman modelling it here it would have looked great. I love seeing her trying out a different style of headpiece. I love her others, but I think it is great she is experimenting.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:21 PM
Administrator

As it has been clarified that members of the British Royal Family neither get fashion as gifts nor get paid for wearing certain pieces, let us please move on. Thank you!
Old 06-17-2018, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Got a lot of love for our sista, Meghan, but can somebody tell me what in God’s name was she wearing at the wedding yesterday? I know some think of it as chic and with today’s fashion, but I thought she snatched one of The Queen’s table cloths off the Royal Train to wear at this wedding.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-17-2018, 04:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
I have liked her other relaxed fit choices. I love her “bathrobe” coats. This, though...total miss. It’s just too much going on all at once, even before you throw that floof of a fascinator on top.

The most basic problem is that the waist hits her at the wrong spot. But even fixing that probably wouldn’t have helped. It’s a frumpy style to begin with in a print that is better left to cushions and china.
Yep. I was trying to find something good about the dress to see why Meghan liked it enough to wear it in public but I got nothing. I don't think this dress would look good on anyone. It's just that unflattering.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:39 PM
Majesty

I havent gone through all of the comments but this is a deliberately oversized item of clothing, especially the sleeves. There is no intention in the deisgn for it to be fitted.
It may be necessary to scroll through to see the dress. It doesnt look great on the model and she looks about 6ft tall.

We all have stuff in our wardrobes which are labelled “what were we thinkinng”
https://assets11.modaoperandi.com/im...?_v=1528164856

The hat has been indentified as from Marks and Spencer at a cost of £40.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-17-2018, 04:45 PM
Nobility

(..) I am actually looking forward to seeing some of her older pieces again - some may need to be altered here and there but otherwise there are some really nice pieces that I hope she'll bring out again if the occasion allows for them. I actually think the Sinthea dress from the 100th episode table read would have looked lovely yesterday - paired with a less tragic head piece and a nice blazer/coat/cardi.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I havent gone through all of the comments but this is a deliberately oversized item of clothing, especially the sleeves. There is no intention in the deisgn for it to be fitted.
It may be necessary to scroll through to see the dress. It doesnt look great on the model and she looks about 6ft tall.

We all have stuff in our wardrobes which are labelled “what were we thinkinng”
https://assets11.modaoperandi.com/im...?_v=1528164856
I think the red one would've gone over much better, but it needed sleeves added to it since they are at a church. The fitted waist really makes a difference in loose fitting clothing. I'm going to say that Meghan needs to go sit in a corner and think about the decisions she made today and how she's going to make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
(..) I am actually looking forward to seeing some of her older pieces again - some may need to be altered here and there but otherwise there are some really nice pieces that I hope she'll bring out again if the occasion allows for them. I actually think the Sinthea dress from the 100th episode table read would have looked lovely yesterday - paired with a less tragic head piece and a nice blazer/coat/cardi.
I thought that dress was Club Monaco?
Old 06-17-2018, 05:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Beautiful print but not a good fit.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I think the red one would've gone over much better, but it needed sleeves added to it since they are at a church. The fitted waist really makes a difference in loose fitting clothing. I'm going to say that Meghan needs to go sit in a corner and think about the decisions she made today and how she's going to make up for it.
She should look at Letitia - they are built on a similar scale. Fitted, elegant, occasionally mad!

Good role model for her.

I am atill confused as to the change between her Suits dys and how she is choosing now.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-17-2018, 05:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I feel the same way. If it fit her the way it fits the woman modelling it here it would have looked great. I love seeing her trying out a different style of headpiece. I love
her others, but I think it is great she is experimenting.
As I posted, that is actually a VERY pretty dress...worn unfortunately on a woman who has neither the height and/or body type to make it work.

Michelle Obama could do it justice, or Jennifer Lopez , as another poster suggested.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 06-17-2018, 05:17 PM
Majesty

This is just my opinion but I think she’s trying to dress the part of an English Rose and it’s not working. She’s American, she should stick to what works (although I’m not a fan of her style, pre-Harry) and not try the English aristocrat look.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
She should look at Letitia - they are built on a similar scale. Fitted, elegant, occasionally mad!

Good role model for her.

I am atill confused as to the change between her Suits dys and how she is choosing now.
Most of her stuff isn't that inconsistent with her personal style beforehand. I don't think I've seen her in a lot of pencil skirts as I've seen on Suits, but NO ONE wears the stuff they wear on Suit in daily life. I remember Meghan talking about similarities and differences between Rachel and her own personal style. Both have clean lines and don't do a lot of prints. However, she has admitted to having a more California laid-back look than Rachel, the character that works at a high power New York law firm. Meghan, as Duchess of Sussex or private person, isn't going to go for a pencil skirt that's tailored on an inhale. I think we are always going to see her in things that she can breath in or it'll still fit if she eats a burger.

I think Letizia's a great role model. Although, I suspect Meghan's lines will be softer and more laid back than Letizia.

But I have no explanation for this today.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:35 PM
Courtier

So to paraphrase Arlo Guthrie - where have all the mirrors gone?

Clearly wherever, Meghan got dressed didn't have one! I prefer the minimal neutrals to this horror.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
This is just my opinion but I think she’s trying to dress the part of an English Rose and it’s not working. She’s American, she should stick to what works (although I’m not a fan of her style, pre-Harry) and not try the English aristocrat look.
Seems like an odd critique given the complaints about the lack of color in her outfits choices and the simple hats. Nothing she has worn screams English aristocrat to me. With the exception of this lastest ensemble, everything she has worn looks like her style to me.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Oh Lord, I hope she don’t try that English Rose style. Those aristocratic ladies look too shabby, IMO. Meghan is a fly sista, so she should stick to that.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-17-2018, 06:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I thought that dress was Club Monaco?
Yeah it is - it's just called the Sinthea Dress. Own it myself and that's why I just automatically refer to it like that to differentiate from my other CM dresses. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

back to the unfitting outfits i thought she is over with that problem but clearly she still have a problem with fitting Imo
can't add anything about her look that the rest of the members here didn't mention except maybe that her hairdo is as horrible as her dress,the whole look deserve to be in the most terrible section.

Closed Thread