The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 09:10 AM
Royal Highness

The dress is too big on Meghan, but I guess she was going for a relaxed look because it's a family wedding and not a public event. Not able to read her mind, Meghan may have chosen this dress so not to outdo the bride.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:21 AM
Courtier

What in the ever loving... That atrocious piece of clothing should be burned. I won't even call it a dress. She literally looks like a child that "borrowed" something from her mother's closet. Awful, awful look.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

(...)

Her privates clothes are paid through private funds. It has nothing to do with her new position.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:30 AM
Courtier

I'm thinking we can call this one a miss.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

YIKES.....maybe if the dress shorter and a white brimmed hat?
Old 06-17-2018, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps the Duchess's famously 'pared down' style is undergoing a transformation in the light of the new influence of the British aristocracy upon her life and connections ?

It 'may take some time' [and mistakes] before she gets it right...
Old 06-17-2018, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Very bad choice and not her style. Furthermore it looks also wrong size. Too bog for her
Old 06-17-2018, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Perhaps the Duchess's famously 'pared down' style is undergoing a transformation in the light of the new influence of the British aristocracy upon her life and connections ?

Absolutely agree.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Very bad choice and not her style. Furthermore it looks also wrong size. Too bog for her
I agree too big for her, it one photo where shows the sleeves almost covering half of her hand, horrible
Old 06-17-2018, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post

Eh, I don’t see why she’d feel the need to change from her pared down style. There is plenty to be said about clean abd simple lines. Countess Spencer is always chic and usually sticks to clean and simple.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
feel the need to change
In my experience 'newly-weds' [of both sexes] OFTEN change their style under the influence of one another's friends/family/acquaintance or spouse..

It would be FAR from unusual..
Old 06-17-2018, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

(..)

The print is horrid, looks like wallpaper. And the fit is a giant bathrobe.

Hopefully people will remember this look when they want Meghan to try new prints and styles
Old 06-17-2018, 10:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirilschatz View Post
Can't say much about the dress. She forgot to take her bathrobe off
That was my first thinking too... really ?
The only explanation - she didn't want to upstage the bride.....
Old 06-17-2018, 10:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Ding! Ding! Ding! It seems like everyone is in agreement that this is *not* a good look for Meghan. I can easily show the image that first popped into my mind when I saw this dress on Meghan and *knew* I had to head over to the fashion thread and post it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=caro...s9sqxvd57pTAM:
Old 06-17-2018, 10:32 AM
Majesty

A dressing gown with a loofah on her head. Not a fan of her style but this is one of her worse looks.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
No...just no. It doesn't look like her style at all. Badly fitted and too big in size. She should stick to the minimilist streamline clothing she prefers. I hope that she never wears this dress again.

Yeah. I think the biggest problem is the dress wears her. It’s too big. Doesn’t fit right.

Even her fascinator was a mess. She hasn’t worn many headpieces, but this was easily the worst.

I like the summery colors though.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:43 AM
Nobility

As mentioned previously - this was just really bad.

I have never seen Meghan in anything similar in any shape of form/ heck - not even in a similar style - I legit didn't even recognise her at first. I simply cannot imagine that she really picked this mess out herself. I think because she has so very little experience when it comes to your regular British, country, summer wedding that she had her aid take charge in this.

OR them attending was a very last minute decision and she had to do with what she had in her new and not very extensive wardrobe - the mess of her fascinator and hair could also indicate that. I reckon securing that fascinator by herself made a complete mess of her hair.

The Cambridges weren't in attendance either - so I am really wondering that maybe the Sussexes were to have missed this occasion too but their planes changed...

Well, it was a small, private, family event, so at least she can learn a bit from this atrocity and get the wedding guest look faux pas out of her system. haha
Old 06-17-2018, 10:44 AM
Courtier

Actually this dress is completely Meghan's style. The print itself is bold. It's ill fitted, she favors larger more "relaxed" clothing on her frame. The dress she wore to the wedding in Jamaica was similar in fit and also a bold pattern.

Meghan's more popular stylings seem to occur when she's actually styled for an event. When it's just herself (I'm guessing), she doesn't seem to like getting her clothing tailored.

Personally I quite like this dress, and if it fit better it would have been a smash. Unfortunately it's way too big and looks as though it's wearing her, rather than Meghan wearing it.

Be a good person.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

(..)

Meghan can branch out a bit without confining herself to very simple lines.
It's just that this particular look is a miss!
Old 06-17-2018, 10:57 AM
Courtier

(...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
Actually this dress is completely Meghan's style. The print itself is bold. It's ill fitted, she favors larger more "relaxed" clothing on her frame. The dress she wore to the wedding in Jamaica was similar in fit and also a bold pattern.

Meghan's more popular stylings seem to occur when she's actually styled for an event. When it's just herself (I'm guessing), she doesn't seem to like getting her clothing tailored.

Personally I quite like this dress, and if it fit better it would have been a smash. Unfortunately it's way too big and looks as though it's wearing her, rather than Meghan wearing it.
No, the dress she wore in Jamaica wasn't a similar fit. The only thing the two dresses have in common is that they were both patterns. The Erdem dress was much more appealing in every way. This dress doesn't do anything for Meghan at all and definitely doesn't seem like her style. Oh well..lets hope she delivers a stylish look in the next few days, or at least a palate cleanser.

Closed Thread