The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 05:34 AM
Majesty

So do I. Actually I have a hard time understanding how anyone would consider this an attractive item of clothing. Please burn it or give it away, Meghan. Harry looks good.

Old 06-17-2018, 05:53 AM
Heir Apparent

First time I don't like what she's wearing.... not her style....

Old 06-17-2018, 05:59 AM
Nobility

Oh, no, honey. Very clearly not her style and it shows very obviously.

Let's have a nice appearance in a couple days to purge the memory of this atrocity from our minds.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

My god what the hell is this dress. It´s horrible and the little fascinator is a piece of trash. This has got to be the worst outfit I´ve seen her in, ever.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:55 AM
Royal Highness

Not good at all. It’s not it her style at all. Hmm .... wonder why she decided to wear this? Oh well, she’s allowed to try different styles.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Wow... Just wow. Really bad choice; I don't think there's anything good about this look. Looks like she's wearing a table cloth and a white lily pad on her head.

I agree.

I'd be willing to bet that this horror is Erdem.
His wallpaper clothes make the prettiest women look frumpy, imo.

And that fascinator looks like wadded-up tissue paper, with no real form at all.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:44 AM
Administrator

The dress the Duchess of Sussex wore yesterday is by Oscar de la Renta:

** Dress ** modaoperandi.com: Oscar de la Renta Long Sleeve Cocktail Dress **
Old 06-17-2018, 07:50 AM
Nobility

Can't say much about the dress. She forgot to take her bathrobe off
Old 06-17-2018, 07:53 AM
Courtier

That dress was not a good choice. It just screams too "BIG" everywhere. It would have been lovely if the sleeves were gone or even shorter. Don't even get me started on that atrocious fascinator.

I really wish she would stick to her own style. This was not a good look.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

That is really not a good look on Meghan. The dress is too voluminous, the print looks like the the sitting room curtains, and while I can imagine the hat looking good with another dress, the whole thing together is just too much. What happened to our sleek and stylish duchess?
Old 06-17-2018, 08:08 AM
Courtier

After taking a second and third look at the dress, I think it would look great on someone who is a little more "voluptuous." The sleeves would still have to go, but Meghan is swimming in this all over. She is too tiny to be wearing anything like this. I hope to never see this again. I agree Ista, where is our sleek and stylish Duchess?
Old 06-17-2018, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What happened to our sleek and stylish duchess?
I suspect this was a [less than successful] attempt to mimic the style of British Summer Weddings. I applaud the Duchess for trying to 'blend in', but NOTHING about it works...
Old 06-17-2018, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Hmm not at all good and if its Oscar de la Renta it won't have been cheap, not a problem if it looked stunning but for this look...!
Old 06-17-2018, 08:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
My god what the hell is this dress. It´s horrible and the little fascinator is a piece of trash. This has got to be the worst outfit I´ve seen her in, ever.

Definitely a miss for the Duchess of Sussex.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I suspect this was a [less than successful] attempt to mimic the style of British Summer Weddings. I applaud the Duchess for trying to 'blend in', but NOTHING about it works...
I think you are probably right. But, wow. Not a good choice.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:18 AM
Courtier

No wonder she supposedly doesn't like patterned fabric if this is her idea of a pattern. Too bad, she looks good in baby blue but definitely not in this tent. Points for pulling her hair back/up though.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:55 AM
Nobility

Don’t like the dress. It’s wearing her. Just too flouncy. Must admit she navigated that near fall like a champ.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

It might be Oscar de La Renta but it looks like a bedrobe fitting to the pajamas Benedict Cumberbatch's wife wore to the service for Stephen Hawking at Westminster Cathedral.
Is that fashion now, to look as if they hopped out of bed and putting on the first thing they could grab?
(..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Definitely a miss for the Duchess of Sussex.

At least she did not upstage the bride... Lady Kitty wore a dress that looked vice versa: too small for her volumptious body. Only that she, like Meghan, has no volumptious body...
Old 06-17-2018, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Meghan, we are gonna wear something really nice to the Van Strabenzee to forget this ever happened, ok?

I will say that Harry still looking at his wife that even while she’s in that is impressive. I know a few guys would have a hard time stop laughing.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:10 AM
Majesty

horrible doesn't quite describe it. fit is awful and that hat looks cheap. the hair is a hot mess. the whole thing is hideous.
the worst part is how much that dress costs. (..) a part of me is just wondering that she is overspending in clothing because she feels she can in her new position.

(..)