The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2018 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C’mon, Givenchy is absolutely French. It’s as French as you get. The fact the head designer was born in England doesn’t change that.

I’d like to see her wear British. Everyone made such a big deal about Meghan wearing trousers from a local welsh company and all the good it did.

She has worn mostly British designers. And I'm sure she will wear plenty more in the future. No reason to fret right now, I don't think.

Last edited:
Much better today than her past outing in Oscar de la Renta. It looks very chic and put together, but then again this type of outfit doesn´t require a lot of attention either.

I appreciate the details on the dress. It really lifts this one up from being extremely basic into slightly less basic.

I don't have much to say on the dress. It's neither wonderful or horrible. As for the hat, sometimes I look at it and love it and sometimes I -not actual hate, but really don't like it.

I think the hat is terrific. The dress isnt the best fit but it doesn't swallow her like that travesty she wore to the wedding. Unfortunately it is Meghan's style to wear clothes and jackets that are too loose.

Love the hat and the updo, not sold on the dress. The fit is nice, but it's little boring and I dislike the asymmetrical hem.

The outfit she wore for the wedding was a mess - from head to toe.

Just saw the dress in motion and it looks even better to me. I actually love the hem. Gives the dress some flair along with the lace detail.

Just saw the dress in motion and it looks even better to me. I actually love the hem. Gives the dress some flair along with the lace detail.

It does look good with this material and the way it flows. If it had been that hem and chiffon, I would've been upset. :lol:

If you get a close up on the dress there is a embroidery or lace design at the waist/stomach area.

LaRae

Closer view

LaRae

Attachments

• Ascotdress.jpg
    Ascotdress.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited by a moderator:
I do like the color combination on her , the dress, it is okay, the thing is the hem, looks like someone cut the bottom off and left it unattended, ripped hems and wavy hems look so unfinished to me, like the designer did not know what to do next in the design. There is a bit too much fabric in the bottom of the dress or skirt whatever, it is to full for a petite woman. I do like the sleeves a lot, and the fabric is gorgeous from what I see in the pictures, wow, want some of that fabric. The hat, not sure about it as I do not like see through hats or see through anything, seems cheap to me yet bet this cost a pretty penny as that is what designers do. Shoes are great, belt is great, hair is fabulous and make-up.....to much it seems or else my computer makes her look like there is pink spots on her cheeks...Oh, clutches, I do not like clutches of any kind, a hand held purse is more ladylike to me......in all JMHO!

I do like a nice shirt dress. Meghan's is elegant-the trim at the waistline gives it some formality and the handkerchief hem an update for a classic style for a modern twist.
I love the hat. Her accessories in black are tied together by the black in her hat.

Last edited:
I love the hat and bag, but the dress is nothing special, and I don't see the stunning Ascot debut that others are seeing. Which is fine; different strokes & all that. Her make-up makes her face look smudgy, but I suppose it could be the lighting. No doubt photographing outdoors is tricky, even for professional photogs.

It Also looks like her hair is properly done which is another plus.

I don't think I'm ever going to be a huge fan of Meghan's aesthetic, I have a much more classic sense of style, and Meghan is a much more modern dresser. This is ill fitted (again), and feels much too casual, especially once you see her alongside others. The lace placement is...distracting. I would have liked it more without, or on the shoulders, but on the waist covered by the belt is just awkward.

I do love the hat. I don't think I've found a PT hat I haven't appreciated.

And I don't mind the neutral colors. All of the ladies seemed to be in very pastel or neutral coloring today. Sophie's looked white initially, but appears to be pale pink.

It's got a slightly vintage feel to it...classic but very much today. I love it.

Actually seeing Meghan's outfit at Ascot gave me "My Fair Lady" flashbacks. :D

I don't think I'm ever going to be a huge fan of Meghan's aesthetic, I have a much more classic sense of style, and Meghan is a much more modern dresser. This is ill fitted (again), and feels much too casual, especially once you see her alongside others. The lace placement is...distracting. I would have liked it more without, or on the shoulders, but on the waist covered by the belt is just awkward.

Seriously? This dress is almost out of Hubert de Givenchy's sketch book. I wouldn't exactly call it modern. It's quite a classic look. Most of her clothing has quite a timeless look (minus whatever that was she wore last Sunday).

Last edited:
The hat and hair look great. The dress looks like something you would "find in your closet". She seems to be disappearing before our eyes. Seeing her next to Bea gave me a start.

Last edited:
The Duchess looks lovely, very vintage and the hat is to die for. Absolutely wonderful. I have to agree with the poster who commented on the Queen and Meghan in their interactions... they really do seem to like one another very much.

I didn't not get any My Fair Lady flashbacks (that was a different style IIRC)...I think it's (Meghan's dress) more of a 50's style.

If anyone was doing My Fair Lady that was Kate last year.

LaRae

Last edited:
Nice hat, not a fan of the dress. (..)

I also feel Meghan needs some guidance in make-up. Just chill on the bronzer and blush sis, we can see it from a mile away. Blending is key!

Beautiful and elegant white dress. She looks great.

Her makeup is the most consistent part of her look imo. It almost always looks flawless. I can see why some may have a problem with her blush today but still looks good to me.

I didn't not get any My Fair Lady flashbacks (that was a different style IIRC)...I think it's (Meghan's dress) more of a 50's style.

If anyone was doing My Fair Lady that was Kate last year.

LaRae

Maybe because of the black and white aesthetic. But Meghan's look is more 20s/30s inspired, I think.

Her makeup has always looked good and natural to me, much better than other royal ladies.

Lord....if only you all knew how scared I was to click on this link given how traumatized I was from her last outfit!!:lol::lol: I was so glad to see our 'old Meghan'. I will chalk Saturday's monstrosity down to temporary insanity!:lol::whistling::D

Look! Last Saturday, Meghan tried a colour and print and it didn't turn out well....leave the woman in monochrome if it means that she will keep her casual, elegant and simple style!:lol::D

This outfit today is a 10000% improvement! Her hats are improving. She is geting into the more elaborate styles. Now all she has to do is add some colour bit by bit.....baby steps....baby steps!

Maybe to an untrained eye her make-up has looked natural, but her make-up hasn't really looked natural since she got married. She needs to blend it out more, or use less product and go from there.

I liked Meghans dress today. I loved the floaty skirt. I thought the embroidered part at the waist could have been a very pale colour to distinguish it better. (..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom