The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 08:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I don't think SHE is happy about her hair The wind is too strong, she should've done like a bun or an updo or something.
Considering she wears it down more than up, I bet she is just fine with it even with the wind. She also favors loose/messy updos so even if it were up, we'd probably still see some pieces blowing!

Old 06-14-2018, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

The Hair is a MESS...which is a unfortunate..

Old 06-14-2018, 08:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Considering she wears it down more than up, I bet she is just fine with it even with the wind. She also favors loose/messy updos so even if it were up, we'd probably still see some pieces blowing!
Considering how anyone's hair look like with a wind like that, no one would be hapy about it Not should one be happy about it, because it just looks bad.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
A pale pink? I don't like the box-like effect of the cape round the shoulders but the rest is lovely. I like the slimline belt and the shoes.

Yeah. I’d love the outfit without the cape. The rest is perfect.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

This is lovely. HM gifted Meghan her pearls.

https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...37059671666688

I really love the cape look. I like that her hair was down but this wind made it problematic so having it up was probably the better way to go. She will figure it out. Other than that I loved everything about it. Givenchy suits her.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
The Hair is a MESS...which is a unfortunate..
Yeah, very strong winds - made a mess of her hair real quick once they left the station.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkAOedgBwml/

Yeah, I reckon a neat, low bun would have look wonderful with this outfit.

I am wondering the logistics of that, though. (Considering they left yesterday and overnighted in the train.) I hardly believe they had stylists accompanying them (could be wrong). So I assume her hair was washed and blown out yesterday and she styled it herself after waking up this morning.

She'll get the hang of it eventually - all our ladies in 'training' went through the same. She'll eventually find the right stylist/products/style that are appropriate for her hair and our peculiar whether.

I think this was a wonderful outfit - I think the cape really pulled it together. It reminded me of Lady Spencer's wedding look and how much I instantly thought that Meghan would look perfect in that exact purple ensemble.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Reportedly Meghan's pearl and diamond earrings are a gift from the Queen.

LaRae
Old 06-14-2018, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it cream unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Honestly the color and silhouette were a safe choice, which isn't surprising given this is her first solo engagement with HMQ and so soon after the wedding. Last thing she needs is to stand out in her fashion choice and receive criticism on that. The cape is what gives it something interesting.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don't think SHE is happy about her hair The wind is too strong, she should've done like a bun or an updo or something.
Is anyone happy about hair blowing out in the wind? I doubt it's causing her distress either. And with her hair, a bun or updo is not going to work in this unless it's gelled (what woman uses gel in her hair these days?) and hair sprayed to look like a helmet. She has fly aways in her hair. It'll show up.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm pretty positive it's Cream and then she has the black accents. The color and accent color is perfect. I love everything about it except the cape..not so fond of that.

It's a good length too. If her hair was in a low chignon it would be a almost perfect look.

LaRae
Old 06-14-2018, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

It looks like another boring neutral to me, and I don't like that dress at all.
The first thing I thought of was a strait-jacket!
Old 06-14-2018, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

IMHO her hair gives her a more approachable look - I like the way she is very consequent in choosing a classical and demure style which does not upstage the Nr. 1 in the party, but clearly shows that she is a lady of consequence while the hair signals she is still "one of us" and not a highflyer leaving her roots completely. Plus it took Kate quite some time to get used to updos while CP Victoria of Sweden seems to be the only one who could pull of a simple ponytail. I really like the consideration and the lack of vanity Meghans outfiots for her first public appearances show. I feel the queen is delighted by her choices and the way Meghan seems to care for her very elderly granny-in-law. The way both ladies interact explains a lot to me about how the Royal family warmed so fast towards Meghan. They surely know what she is capable of but at the same time she is so willing to learn and be guided while smiling like a beloved child who gets recognition.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's a bit Meh but she's clearly playing it safe for her debuts on the royal stage. Like Trooping she doesn't want to upstage the lady of the house.
So far so good.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Considering how anyone's hair look like with a wind like that, no one would be hapy about it Not should one be happy about it, because it just looks bad.
I said she is probably fine with it, not that she was happy about her hair blowing.

The more pics I see, the more I love this look...hair included! She looks beautiful.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:21 AM
Courtier

Interesting that the cape element is so divisive...they are tricky, but for me this is an example of a cape really working well. I love how clean and simple the lines of this dress are, with that adding a great--yet still streamlined--piece of interest.

I thought her hair looked great at the start of the day but not the right choice for that wind.

The queen, who is not one to fake a smile, looks very happy with Meghan at her side, though, and that's what counts the most.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I like the bottom of the dress, but not fond of the cape. It just looks awkward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Is anyone happy about hair blowing out in the wind? I doubt it's causing her distress either. And with her hair, a bun or updo is not going to work in this unless it's gelled (what woman uses gel in her hair these days?) and hair sprayed to look like a helmet. She has fly aways in her hair. It'll show up.
Me. I’m black - my hair texture is a bit similar to Meghan’s and I use a gel when I pull it back, or when I’m wearing it naturally curly (it helps define the curls and keep them from frizzing). There are all kinds of gels and creams for black hair that can give a sleek look and control the frizzies/flyways without making the hair look like a helmet.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
Interesting that the cape element is so divisive...they are tricky, but for me this is an example of a cape really working well. I love how clean and simple the lines of this dress are, with that adding a great--yet still streamlined--piece of interest.

I thought her hair looked great at the start of the day but not the right choice for that wind.

The queen, who is not one to fake a smile, looks very happy with Meghan at her side, though, and that's what counts the most.

I couldn't agree more.

For me the cape was by far the best part of the entire ensemble. The deliberate angularity around her shoulder balances out her figure lovely - giving her the appearance of border shoulders and the black belt is doing the exact opposite to her waist. This was a really carefully designed and very nicely executed look for me. I guess I am just not that hung up on the fabric. She was sitting hours on end. It was bound to wrinkle here and there.

This comes as a welcome surprise to me because I must say, I was a bit let down by Clare's execution of a beautiful design for Meghan's wedding gown. (I couldn't help but feel that it was a gown that showed that Clare was not experienced in how to do wedding gowns as opposed to formal dresses.) However, this one was a big sartorial win for me.

Meghan was not going to wear anything colourful today, not only because of playing it safe but also because the Queen was dressed in bright green to honour the Grenfell victims. Cream was the right choice here, imo.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I like the bottom of the dress, but not fond of the cape. It just looks awkward.

Me. I’m black - my hair texture is a bit similar to Meghan’s and I use a gel when I pull it back, or when I’m wearing it naturally curly (it helps define the curls and keep them from frizzing). There are all kinds of gels and creams for black hair that can give a sleek look and control the frizzies/flyways without making the hair look like a helmet.
Fellow black woman here. The only gel I use is Aloe Vera gel and it works great for a sleek look. However, I think it's fair to say that Meghan isn't a woman who prefers a sleek look. She's worn sleek updos before of course but she clearly favors softer, more flowing styles even with updos.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Oh yeah, it’s obvious that she prefers softer updos now. My comment was in response to whether any woman still actually wears gel and to point out that using gel doesn’t mean helmet hair.

I know she’s favoring loose updos at the moment, but I hope we see a bit more variety because I think she looks good in more sleeker updos and ponytails.

Meghan Markle Photos Photos - 2014 Winter TCA Tour - Day 10 - Zimbio

https://static.gofugyourself.com/upl...1482350511.jpg

https://static.gofugyourself.com/upl...1482350790.jpg

https://static.gofugyourself.com/upl...1482350644.jpg

https://static.gofugyourself.com/upl...1482350998.jpg

https://www.popsugar.com/fashion/pho...J-Crew-Airport
Old 06-14-2018, 10:37 AM
Serene Highness

My favorite sleek hair style was the one when she gave the UN speech. It was lovely.

Closed Thread