The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 08:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Meghan’s dress has me seeing triple! Amal Clooney wore a pink(ish)off the shoulder gown with a portrait collar earlier this week, as did an announcer at the Belmont Stakes today, then I happened to have a look at a picture of Sophie
from 2011, which had a similar neckline:

https://www.gettyimages.com.au/event...re-id115878876

And they all looked great in the style.
Thanks for the other pictures. I was sure I'd seen bare shoulders on another royal.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Regarding Meghan’s style, fashion, manner, and general personality: I would imagine that she will continue to be very American. Of course, she will properly conform to BRF ways, but I expect that she will never seem very British.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Serene Highness

Oy, that 2011 outfit was as awful on Sophie! Meghan's take is infinitely better.

And Meghan is 36 so to expect her to have a total overhaul of her personality, manner, fashion, etc. in the span of mere months to fit whatever people define as "British" was always going to end in disappoint. I am rather glad she is staying true to herself while adapting where needed and as respectful.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Oy, that 2011 outfit was as awful on Sophie! Meghan's take is infinitely better.

And Meghan is 36 so to expect her to have a total overhaul of her personality, manner, fashion, etc. in the span of mere months to fit whatever people define as "British" was always going to end in disappoint. I am rather glad she is staying true to herself while adapting where needed and as respectful.
I didn't mind the dress Sophie was wearing, but hat looks as if it weighs 50 lbs! I think everyone looked very nice. I can't wait to see what Megs and Kate wear for Ascot.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:43 PM
Courtier

I really like this outfit - the buttons off to the side and the jacket/skirt combo looked really good - quirky enough to still be "Meghan" but still regal. Loved the off the shoulder neckline.

And that HAT!!! Loved it even more than the Garden Party hat - and also wonder if she just turned the brim up on it? Don't know - but if she did do that, what a great idea! Now I want an asymmetrical hat like that one - so I can turn the brim up... loved that!

Also - Meghan was just glowing today - and I loved her makeup. Soft yet deep around the eyes... she's got that makeup look nailed.

Even better than how she looked was how Harry was looking at her... awwwww.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
I really like this outfit - the buttons off to the side and the jacket/skirt combo looked really good - quirky enough to still be "Meghan" but still regal. Loved the off the shoulder neckline.

And that HAT!!! Loved it even more than the Garden Party hat - and also wonder if she just turned the brim up on it? Don't know - but if she did do that, what a great idea! Now I want an asymmetrical hat like that one - so I can turn the brim up... loved that!

Also - Meghan was just glowing today - and I loved her makeup. Soft yet deep around the eyes... she's got that makeup look nailed.

Even better than how she looked was how Harry was looking at her... awwwww.

There was some discussion about that hat earlier today...I posted links of both hats fairly close up...I really do think they are 2 different hats and I like the Garden Party hat best! lol

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
And that neckline showed off Meghan's gorgeous skin tone! Yes....bigger earrings OR a necklace would have been great.
I am coming to the conclusion that Meghan is from the Chanel school of dressing. Take one last look in the mirror and take one accessory off.

Do we have a "shudder" emoji? I heard wailing from my hat boxes in my wardrobe when I gasped out loud and read aloud the theories on Meghan's hat. Reshaping crowns, bending brims . . . ugh, step. away, from. the. hats. They are millinery masterpieces, works of art no less. Philistines.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I am coming to the conclusion that Meghan is from the Chanel school of dressing. Take one last look in the mirror and take one accessory off.

Do we have a "shudder" emoji? I heard wailing from my hat boxes in my wardrobe when I gasped out loud and read aloud the theories on Meghan's hat. Reshaping crowns, bending brims . . . ugh, step. away, from. the. hats. They are millinery masterpieces, works of art no less. Philistines.

My goodness!! Is it out of the realm of possibility that a hat could be built to be worn either way? I've had hats that I could change the brim on... well my mom did... Or maybe that's what I did to them so they wouldn't seem so fuddy duddy?
Old 06-09-2018, 11:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

I had wondered about them changing the shape (Sorry Marg) because when I was growing up I was around a lot of folks who wore cowboy hats..and let me tell you some of those are are expensive...anyway, the good hat stores had someone who would experienced in shaping the brims...and use steam and whatever other methods to do it...so I wondered if they could do that with ladies hats like Meghan's too.

But I still think they are two different hats!!!

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 11:26 PM
Nobility

I think Meghan's outfit is both beautiful and appropriate. I don't mind the lack of a necklace but would have liked bigger earrings.

And is anyone else dying to know what shoes she wore?????
Old 06-10-2018, 01:26 AM
Courtier

I thought Meghan looked stunning, the real fashion standout of the day. I loved everything about her look. I hadn't even considered that maybe she needed a necklace or bigger earrings because I thought her look was perfect as is. She's not a woman who embraces many accessories nor do I think she needs them. She's such a natural beauty and was glowing more than usual on this occasion...perhaps the result of a honeymoon tan?
Old 06-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
i thik she looks glowing that pink suits her alot i like the dress and i like the hat very much
it's the same hat from the previous event with Charles and Camilla?
It's most likely a different hat as analyzed (from photo evidence) and discussed earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post

Even better than how she looked was how Harry was looking at her... awwwww
Indeed!

Earlier consensus is the two hats are different (via photo comparison).
Old 06-14-2018, 05:52 AM
Courtier

And here we have first photo:

https://twitter.com/elliotwagland/st...97739732668416

The dress is nice and I like it, but I'm not sure it's good for Meghan.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:57 AM
Majesty

A pale pink? I don't like the box-like effect of the cape round the shoulders but the rest is lovely. I like the slimline belt and the shoes.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:59 AM
Royal Highness

Well...nobody can complain that her shoulders and colour of dress upstages the Queen!
Old 06-14-2018, 06:12 AM
Majesty

Yes, she's certainly made a statement about her shoulders!
Old 06-14-2018, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2018 -

The Duchess is in Givenchy.

A full length shot: https://twitter.com/elliotwagland/st...456031745?s=21
Old 06-14-2018, 06:23 AM
Royal Highness

Ok...what colour is the dress? I've seen it described as pale pink, cream and beige.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:32 AM
Majesty

I think it's cream. I thought at first it was a very pale pink.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

It looks taupe/cream to me. I like it but I'm not sure about the cape effect...it seems rather restricting. So not a favorite look...I love the rest of the dress. I wonder if Givenchy is going to be her go to designer like McQueen is for Kate.

LaRae

Closed Thread