The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Regardless of shoulders or back, neither is IMHO good for any royal event like today.

**And we are all allowed to have our own opinions here, not everyone is a Meghan or Catherine or HM or whomever fan**. We all here should be allowed to voice our opinions without anyone else giving grief
Well said!

Old 06-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
... Meghans bare shoulders are exactly that, she's got a bardot style top on which pretty much sits just above her chest all the way around off her shoulders. Sophie has a square missing the back of her dress across the top, she does not have bare shoulders. I think for me that's the issue here, the exposed shoulders.
I do not see what you are seeing. Meghan's shoulders are not bare. Her lower arms are bare and we can see her neck and a slight bit of her shoulder blades. Look at the picture evidence:
Mad About Meghan

The bodice of the top is sitting just on and around Meghan's shoulders, and it's very similar to not only the style of her wedding dress, but also to the style of the plaid blazer Meghan wore in Wales:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...190852419.html

The only difference with today's outfit is that there's a slight dip in the center of the bodice, and it doesn't have sleeves. So it seems that very slight bit of extra skin upsets some people? I see nothing wrong with what the Duchess of Sussex is wearing. In fact, she's been quite conservative with her hemlines, so why not show a bit of her shoulder blades with the bateau neckline style which she's worn before and looks so lovely on her? The Sussexes obviously came back from spending some time in the sun and Meghan clearly has a nice glow to her skin as a result.

Old 06-09-2018, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Regardless of shoulders or back, neither is IMHO good for any royal event like today.

**And we are all allowed to have our own opinions here, not everyone is a Meghan or Catherine or HM or whomever fan**. We all here should be allowed to voice our opinions without anyone else giving grief, so no need to say Meghan is perfect in a sense for she isn't as neither is anyone else. Some need to get a life here.........

Don't recall saying others weren't allowed to have opinions about it.

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Meghan looked beautiful today, minus the flying saucer on her head! That colour is very lovely on her and she seems to have a great tan from her honeymoon, too.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-09-2018, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the colour is perfect for her and for the occasion. I see nothing inappropriate about the neckline and ,as had been said previously, she would have been advised if it were thought to be in any way unsuitable. I like the hat very much, so all in all, well done Meghan on successful navigating your first Trooping of the Colour.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:37 PM
Royal Highness

So hear me on this now please, most of the time here when someone does not like what Meghan is wearing there are some here that just do not like it, they come right back with their comment again in their opinion. That gives the impression to me and some here as I have heard from that nothing but positive glowing comments here should be about Meghan......**she is not perfect** and I do not like everything she wears nor do I like everything any royal wears for some really need help in their clothing choices, not naming any royal woman here! I am not trying to start a damn war over this......I do not like the dress for this event period.....it is a dress IMHO for a more formal event and for those that think different, it is okay just as my comment is okay..........
Old 06-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I appreciate your opinion and you’re obviously a huge fan of Meghan’s, but posting links to Meghan fan sites to back up your opinion isn’t really objective.
No less “objective” than the frequent posting of twitter links of some rather dubious Meghan-detractors in order to back up opinions against her, which some folk are notorious for.

HRH The Duchess of Sussex looked lovely and appropriate as ever...
Old 06-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
I see nothing wrong with what the Duchess of Sussex is wearing.
That's great. But I don't like it. So let's move on.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Heir Apparent

she looked stunning. As did Catherine.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree Countess...they were the best dressed there.

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
I do not see what you are seeing. Meghan's shoulders are not bare. Her lower arms are bare and we can see her neck and a slight bit of her shoulder blades. Look at the picture evidence:
Mad About Meghan

The bodice of the top is sitting just on and around Meghan's shoulders, and it's very similar to not only the style of her wedding dress, but also to the style of the plaid blazer Meghan wore in Wales:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...190852419.html

The only difference with today's outfit is that there's a slight dip in the center of the bodice, and it doesn't have sleeves. So it seems that very slight bit of extra skin upsets some people? I see nothing wrong with what the Duchess of Sussex is wearing. In fact, she's been quite conservative with her hemlines, so why not show a bit of her shoulder blades with the bateau neckline which she's worn before and looks so lovely on her? The Sussexes obviously came back from spending some time in the sun and Meghan clearly has a nice glow to her skin as a result.
I love her outfit and her skin tone is gorgeous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
she looked stunning. As did Catherine.
Yes, they both looked absolutely fabulous!! I thought their outfit colors complemented each other.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:43 PM
Nobility

As if The Queen would care that Meghan was exposing a little bit of her shoulder. Lord have mercy - the woman has shoulders! The end is nigh! - A royal reporter, Charlie Proctor
Old 06-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I admit I chuckled when I woke up this morning and saw Meghan worn an off the shoulder dress. I knew it would shock some. There are plenty of headlines about breaking so called “protocol”. But reality is, a lot of these protocols are what nonroyals decided over time based on what they thought rather than what actually is protocol.

I thought Meghan looked lovely. Some might not like it, which is fine, but hardly inappropriate as that’s defined only by royal standards, not our personal standards.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I appreciate your opinion and you’re obviously a huge fan of Meghan’s, but posting links to Meghan fan sites to back up your opinion isn’t really objective.
It's all in the eye of the beholder, and everyone obviously can like what they will or not, for whatever reason.

I posted links to show the actual photos, which can be found on a number of sites, but not as any kind of back-up for my opinions. (..) The purpose of my posting the links was not for reading any of the text, but just for taking a look at the photos.

In fact, all the royals as usual looked fairly on point today. Fashion, color and styles are always going to be something that most people will not agree on in every aspect, which is obvious from reading this thread. Everyone is sharing their opinions. Different strokes for different folks, as they say.

I've certainly voiced some criticisms of a few outfits I wasn't partial to that Meghan has worn. She is definitely easing into her role, and she's managing quite well, as she's been able to carry things off with a great deal of ease. The black suit Meghan wore to the church service with William and Harry, I thought was nice, except for the skirt being too long on her. However, the fabric was gorgeous. I didn't like the cream outfit with black lines and the black jacket over Meghan's shoulders during Commonwealth week. The trendy styling of the overlong belt I really disliked. Still some people loved that outfit. I've talked about wanting to see more color on Meghan, and now after her marriage, we are seeing some lighter colors for the summer. I'm sure Meghan will continue to blossom and to be herself in the choices she makes. Prince Harry certainly has great love for, deep faith and steady trust in his wife. We see that in his eyes and he said it himself in the engagement interview.

(..)
Old 06-09-2018, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I admit I chuckled when I woke up this morning and saw Meghan worn an off the shoulder dress. I knew it would shock some. There are plenty of headlines about breaking so called “protocol”. But reality is, a lot of these protocols are what nonroyals decided over time based on what they thought rather than what actually is protocol.
Hear, hear some people are just more royalists than the Queen !
Overhall i think she looked just fine, even if her outfit (hat included) was way too close to the one worn some weeks ago at the Garden Party. But she was fairly aware that all eyes would be on her, so i guess she played it safe and down, leaving the spotlight to the birthday girl and the other royal ladies. A good point in my book.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I loved her outfit, but I would have liked to see the bottom of it and the shoes
Old 06-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

I love the pink dress today. Beautiful color and style. It's one of her best looks. Stunning dress.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

i thik she looks glowing that pink suits her alot i like the dress and i like the hat very much
it's the same hat from the previous event with Charles and Camilla?
Old 06-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Meghan’s dress has me seeing triple! Amal Clooney wore a pink(ish)off the shoulder gown with a portrait collar earlier this week, as did an announcer at the Belmont Stakes today, then I happened to have a look at a picture of Sophie
from 2011, which had a similar neckline:

https://www.gettyimages.com.au/event...re-id115878876

And they all looked great in the style.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
As all successful "firms", the RF surely tries to offer something for every group of "customers". Meghan is the one to sell the monarchy to American tourists. She is "their" princess. It wouldn't do to suddenly become the modest and demure "second class" Royal. IMHO that neckline is a tribute to the Americans who want something "special" from her in the fashion department, while through colour of her dress, simple hat and modest and respectful behaviour on the Balcony, she acts exactly like she should do. There will be some stunning and daring pics for the US-media, but all in all she payed proper respect to the queen, Camilla and Kate as her superiors in the family. I am really charmed by her.

I disagree that Meghan's neckline "is a tribute to the Americans who want something special from her in the fashion department." I doubt any American fans are being considered by Meghan when choosing her wardrobe for traditional British events like Trooping the Color.

And Great Britain and the Royal family have been attracting American tourists for years. Yes, a few more Americans have become interested because of Meghan, but many of us Americans followed the Royal family or visited Great Britain long before Meghan was even born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Meghan’s dress has me seeing triple! Amal Clooney wore a pink(ish)off the shoulder gown with a portrait collar earlier this week, as did an announcer at the Belmont Stakes today, then I happened to have a look at a picture of Sophie
from 2011, which had a similar neckline:

https://www.gettyimages.com.au/event...re-id115878876

And they all looked great in the style.

Sophie's neckline in 2011 is a lot lower than Meghan's today. Meghan's was tame in comparison.

Closed Thread