The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2018 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I'm American and I think this take on Meghan is just silly.

I’m American too. Agreed.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I think it’s the same hat you know which is a real shame. I don’t like anything about it frankly, her hair looks unkempt but then she had to wear it down to cover her shoulders. We seem to have gone from constant pants to constant blush.

so twice makes constant....

Old 06-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Her first Trooping appearance and Meghan NAILED it...she looked stunningly perfect!

I think so too! I like the color and style of what she is wearing. Very nice.

Quote:
I'm in complete agreement with you.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Agreed. Is she bringing over some additional interest? Of course. Overall? Not really. This is the BRF. People are always interested. She is just adding on to it.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
so twice makes constant....
Exactly.

Back in the winter when Meghan was 'hitting the ground running' with Prince Harry, many of us were complaining that she needed to add bright colors to her wardrobe. I was among those who got tired of seeing Meghan in black. However, in looking back I must reiterate my initial feeling that Meghan was cognizant of not being married yet, and she was seemingly trying to wear styles that suited her aesthetic and that were appropriate, without trying to overdo it with overdressing or calling a lot of attention to herself. All eyes were on her anyway. By remaining casual, yet stylish, she managed to carry off everything she wore very well.

I would have liked to see more color, but it was winter so that may have been part of her thinking for sticking with dark colors. And also, just wanting to stay low-key.

In the spring, we saw a few brighter colors, including greens, creams, white & navy. And now that it's summer (after the lovely white of the wedding)... Voila! There have been two outings with Meghan sporting light shades of pink. And it's a breath of fresh air to see her in lighter hues. I'd love to know what she wore on her honeymoon, but we never will.

So, it's on to June 14 in Cheshire with the Queen, and Royal Ascot the following week.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

She looked fantastic. The color and style suits her. Great first appearance there

It does seem slightly different hat. While I love her hair, looks beautiful curled, I do think her hair style from the garden party works better with the kind of hat.

As for appropriateness.....the queen's advisor is working with her. She certainly would have told Meghan if it was no appropriate.

I cant wait for Chester with the queen. And hopefully Ascot as well.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Not my favourite outfit, I could have done without the bare shoulders and flying hair. I guess it needs time to finally find a Duchess style.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Late to the party, but I think the DoS looks very pretty. I love the hat and the hair, and the color of the suit is beautiful on her. I'm not a huge fan of the large buttons, but overall I think she did well. I'm neutral on the off the shoulder look, and am hoping it doesn't become A Thing for her, but I also don't think there's anything inappropriate about it.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Majesty

Bare shoulders really weren’t a good look. Colour wasn’t bad though. Meghan looked really nervous today.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:46 PM
Royal Highness

Everything looks nice on Meghan, only thing I am not sure about is the off the shoulders dress. While the dress is gorgeous it is questionable for this event, it would make a great evening dress for a reception or dinner or date with hubby, not Trooping IMHO. Even though she might have gotten advice from insiders on the dress, for me, covered shoulders would be more appropriate for this event. Hat, Hair, make-up, tan, all look great on her....
Old 06-09-2018, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Countess of Wessex had a bare back...showing skin is not that uncommon among the royals.

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
The Countess of Wessex had a bare back...showing skin is not that uncommon among the royals.

LaRae
Not exactly bare back
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/20...8543356021.jpg
Old 06-09-2018, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

It´s a great look, especially considering the fact that this is very first Trooping. I have no problem with bare shoulders. They are only shoulders, but the other women were all more decked out so she did stand out.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

Meghan's looked perfect. Best look for me.

Her hair was lovely, make-up perfect. I loved the neckline of this. It made what would have been IMO a dated outfit look more contemporary while still entirely appropriate.

I didn't see any nerves from her at all.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

She has more skin showing than Meghan..that's the point.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
Meghan's looked perfect. Best look for me.

Her hair was lovely, make-up perfect. I loved the neckline of this. It made what would have been IMO a dated outfit look more contemporary while still entirely appropriate.

I didn't see any nerves from her at all.

Me either..she looked relaxed and happy.

LaRae
Old 06-09-2018, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

LaRae

Regardless of shoulders or back, neither is IMHO good for any royal event like today.

**And we are all allowed to have our own opinions here, not everyone is a Meghan or Catherine or HM or whomever fan**. We all here should be allowed to voice our opinions without anyone else giving grief, so no need to say Meghan is perfect in a sense for she isn't as neither is anyone else. Some need to get a life here.........
Old 06-09-2018, 03:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

LaRae
Have to disgree:

Countess of Wessex Front: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/20...8542534925.jpg

Meghan Front: https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...re-id970462700

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/event/...re-id970273928

Meghans bare shoulders are exactly that, she's got a bardot style top on which pretty much sits just above her chest all the way around off her shoulders. Sophie has a square missing the back of her dress across the top, she does not have bare shoulders. I think for me that's the issue here, the exposed shoulders.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Late to the party, but I think the DoS looks very pretty. I love the hat and the hair, and the color of the suit is beautiful on her. I'm not a huge fan of the large buttons, but overall I think she did well. I'm neutral on the off the shoulder look, and am hoping it doesn't become A Thing for her, but I also don't think there's anything inappropriate about it.

I think maybe it is the buttons that keep me from loving the outfit. I like it, just don’t love it.

Her hair was styled beautifully. I hope she wears it like that more often.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness

None of these lovely photos show anyone looking nervous on this special day for the Queen. Even at her wedding, Meghan looked quite calm and full of grace, soaking up each moment. There's a lesson in that for everyone. All of the royals are looking well-dressed as usual:
https://www.gettyimages.nl/search/2/...rial&sort=best

Mad About Meghan
Old 06-09-2018, 03:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
None of these lovely photos show anyone looking nervous on this special day for the Queen. Even at her wedding, Meghan looked quite calm and full of grace, soaking up each moment. There's a lesson in that for everyone. All of the royals are looking well-dressed as usual:
https://www.gettyimages.nl/search/2/...rial&sort=best

Mad About Meghan
I appreciate your opinion and you’re obviously a huge fan of Meghan’s, but posting links to Meghan fan sites to back up your opinion isn’t really objective.

Closed Thread