The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 9: June 2016 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of Camilla's printed dress. The colours are rather dull for summer to me, and I also think the print looks rather busy.

:previous: And I liked it a lot. I liked the small scale of the print. As to design, well, it's a patch off a lot of other Camilla dresses. She loves a good pin tuck.
But is was great at :

• Matching Charles: I completely loved how they looked next to one another. Adorbs.
  • Matching that elephant - and how serendipitous was it that she found such an excellent tusker to remind her of her Brother! Not to mention that I bet this gets gifted to some worthy child...
  • Serving as a backdrop for flowers. Those roses absolutely leapt off the print of her dress which was small and receded enough that the blooms were the focus.
  • Keeping her cool on a warm day. I do love the flutter of a light fabric in any small breeze when it is warm.
Remind me to wear a small, neutral print to my next garden show, please!

:previous: And I liked it a lot. I liked the small scale of the print. As to design, well, it's a patch off a lot of other Camilla dresses. She loves a good pin tuck.
But is was great at :

• Matching Charles: I completely loved how they looked next to one another. Adorbs.
  • Matching that elephant - and how serendipitous was it that she found such an excellent tusker to remind her of her Brother! Not to mention that I bet this gets gifted to some worthy child...
  • Serving as a backdrop for flowers. Those roses absolutely leapt off the print of her dress which was small and receded enough that the blooms were the focus.
  • Keeping her cool on a warm day. I do love the flutter of a light fabric in any small breeze when it is warm.
Remind me to wear a small, neutral print to my next garden show, please!

It's just my personal opinion. Whilst I agree that the touches you mentioned are nice, it only happened that I'm not partial to this particular dress due to different tastes.

I love that grey dress Camilla wore to the flower show. The colour suits her and she and Charles matched again. They often do that and I think it's sweet. :) I think the colour and pattern are fine for summer. I don't subscribe to the view that you should/should not wear a certain colour during a certain season. I say wear what you want, when you want. We all have different tastes and shouldn't be limited by what someone else thinks. The fabric was light and summery and that's what's important, I think.

The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 9: June 2016 -

EDIT: I apologise if I offended anyone with my defence. It was not my intention. Nobody is stupid and I never accused anyone of that.

Last edited:
I've liked this and other of the Duchess' recent dresses very much: the colours suit her and the fabric is light and summery; the whole effect softens and gentles the outline and really flatters her in my opinion.

What type of plaid are Charles and Camilla wearing?
Should they be matching?

Love the boots

There is a Duke of Rothesay plaid but this one does not match the picture

I think his is the Balmoral tartan

Last edited by a moderator:
.The Duchess of Cornwall wearing a dress with a flower print at the Sandringham Flower Show today, July 27: ** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Outstanding dress imo. :flowers: Camilla has some good wardrobe advisors, methinks. A dress like this photographs extrememly well, as well as flattering her. She reminds me of the Queen. Both women have found what works for them in front of the camera.

Camilla isn't a dresser IMO. Its one of the things I like about her. She may do herself up nicely at times (I think her wedding clothes were very nice) but its not soemthing she cares much about... She just does enough dressing up to pass muster in her job...

Agree, also agree the wedding attires were just right.

We probably won't be seeing a display of Camilla's best pieces on display any time soon, but she'll always dress appropriately for the occasion. Does she have a dress advisor?

Agree, also agree the wedding attires were just right.

We probably won't be seeing a display of Camilla's best pieces on display any time soon, but she'll always dress appropriately for the occasion. Does she have a dress advisor?
I think she must because I don't think she's very into clothes, but she usually looks nice if not always fancy.

Camilla isn't a dresser IMO. Its one of the things I like about her. She may do herself up nicely at times (I think her wedding clothes were very nice) but its not soemthing she cares much about... She just does enough dressing up to pass muster in her job...

But when she have to look every inch a royal Duchess.... bang she does, with great confidence and zest.

With a robe de manteau at the State Opening 2016: picture

She looks fantastic in blue and the bright shade is always great on her. Not sure on the print but she always chooses outfits that suits her shape send event.

The shoes and the dress look awful, together. And the color is good, but she looks dumpy.

Well, we can't all be Helen Mirren when we're approaching 70!

I don't care for the shoes, but I really like the dress.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Well, we can't all be Helen Mirren when we're approaching 70!

No,. but as I am now 75, my sister turned 70 and most of my friends are in that range, she looks older. Her smoking has given her wrinkles that none of us have. And, at times I think she looks stunning, and at times she looks dumpy. Perhaps, she is more comfortable in certain fashions, I am all for that. But the shoes don't go.

I love Camilla's plain-bordered blue dress. The colour compliments her well and the style suits Camilla well. It is fresh and summery and suits the occasion. The colour of her accessories used to be called 'Bone' and was very popular as an accessory colour, rather like 'Nude' has become these days. Bone has the edge over cream, which was too positive a colour.

I think the print on the dress is pretty and charming. After all, what does one wer to see people get their tootsies worked on? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom