The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 8: May 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the weather in Malta? Even though it is full autumn, Malta usually is pretty warm... I wonder that because the ladies seems to be fully covered!

I think those were new shoes today - during the day! And the dragonfly brooches.
I'm wondering about the jewels tonight!

Nice Camilla. I like her. And me i can wait for the jewels tonight!!

I like her choker but not with the Greville tiara. It was to much
Lovely grey lace dress.

Camilla looks beautiful here. :flowers: I might agree about the choker being 'too much' given the tiara, since they are both eye-catching pieces, but the earrings make a difference. The gems' color are amazing (choker and earrings). The whole goes with the gray lace dress. Overall quite striking, and Charles is pleased. In the end, the earrings pull the whole look together imo, so it's okay.

Last edited:
A shame that the family order pinned to the delicate lace dragged down the neckline of the dress. A lovely colour which I think works well with the colour of the choker and earrings

This dress needs more structure in the midsection because it makes her look huge, which she is not. It could have done with better boning or darting seams to create a slimmer silhouette.

I do wonder sometimes. :whistling: Compared to the Queen - less bling, more pearl (a different effect) and yet totally balanced. JMO. I loved the way the pink topaz played off the family order. And brought up the Duchess' skin tones.

IMO, the blue grey gown looks great because it does not have the usual midsection or bands. I like the dress is one piece. It flows rather than the usually chopped up dresses from Bruce Oldfield.

I do think it would look better if the gown was all one material. The lacy see through arms and top look odd but she is headed in the right direction.

Next time, hopefully, we will see an evening gown that is all one material without the seams or bands or the see through lace over the arms and decolletage.

This dress is an improvement over the gowns with a bit of lace on top.
This gown the lace is from the neck to the floor. Now she only needs the dress/slip of the gown to reach the neck and arms.

Last edited:
Love the color, it looks lovely on her. Also very much like the fabric, HOWEVER the fit is absolutely horrible.

Love the color, it looks lovely on her. Also very much like the fabric, HOWEVER the fit is absolutely horrible.

I think some of it is due to the angle of the photograph.

The RF Order is pulling on the lace so it distorts the fit.

The material near the underarm looks like it was double folded or cut at an angle so it sits oddly.

December 25, 2015 - Camilla in a nice grey outfit for today. I like her hat, nice and wide.

Full view

Wonderful. I got a Dowager Countess of Grantham-vibe when I saw Camilla. A real royal dresser with hat, gloves, impressive pearl choker and a diamond broche. Every inch a Duchess!

Camilla looks lovely. I've always liked this coat, so it's great to see her pull it out for Christmas.

The Duchess is amazing today. Beautiful all the appearance !!!

She looks great, love the style and color....what is the origin of her choker?

LaRae

I really like the trim on Camilla's Christmas outfit. I think her entire outfit is very elegant. It's funny, Camilla wears a lot of the same style hats and it doesn't bother me but when Kate does the same it really bugs me. I think maybe it is because Camilla's hats tend to sit on her head instead of being perched on her forehead.

Oh yes, I can, just extend the coat to floor-length, the rest is already Downton Abbey-esque... :lol: It is already black and grey, the usual colours of Lady Violet...

December 25, 2015 - Camilla in a nice grey outfit for today. I like her hat, nice and wide.

Full view
She looks absolutely wonderful. Her grey and black outfit could look drab but instead, it really looks wonderful and hallelujah a very distinctive return to a structured two-toned grey and black hat is very elegant and a truly wonderful surprise.

Last edited:
Camilla looks nice. Also, I like her necklace. It's not too big or dragging her down.

From the waist up she's lovely...not a fan of the skirt or where it hits her on the body...makes her look short and squatty.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom