The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 8: May 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It all looked not too dramatical. The many fluffy layers prevented an insight into the royal derrière.

When I saw the blue dress that Camilla wore to the christening, I could not help but think that Camilla is increasingly dressing like the Queen Mother used to. Am I alone in the thought?

When I saw the blue dress that Camilla wore to the christening, I could not help but think that Camilla is increasingly dressing like the Queen Mother used to. Am I alone in the thought?

I agree, and it's not new. Camilla seems to favor the "dowager look" for her official outings. A bit ageing, but it's always appropriate.

Yes I never thought that before but now I see it and agree. Her outfit had pleats going both ways frill on the sleeves big collar then 4 or 5 rows of pearls I thought it was over the top but now I can see it would be something the Queen Mother would have worn.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous: Well having time to check out Camilla's coat & dress or coatdress, whatever, I have come to the conclusion that while the colour was beautiful I really would have like an Ascot repeat,

The dress just had way too much going on and made her hat look positively spartan by comparison. She looks great in proper millinery but she has a really good style that really suits her and I cannot, for the life of me, decide why she allows herself to be persuaded to try something "new". Dots that look like velcro stick-ons? What on earth is happening.

Camilla give the "new" voices the boot and stick with what you do best:

Garden Party
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Duchess+Cornwall+Attends+Garden+Party+Women+nw5TL-JBjJ6l.jpg

Trooping of the Colour
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/47...8EH/BMSTC2cquZvxnX54EuX+8SNNBWxhrVBW3tpQEGQ==

200th Anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo
http://s03.imageupper.com/1/5/Z1434698156593943_4.jpg

Chelsea Flower Show
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/18/20/28D5600000000578-3086721-image-m-37_1431976838592.jpg

And yet another Garden Party . . . the colour is sublime.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/12/18/28985FD000000578-0-image-a-27_1431453448777.jpg

All these coat and dress ensembles are similar in style and line, they are not fussy and look fabulous with great hats. My two favourites are the white and the new blue.

Camilla needs to look online at herself and see how great she looked and then look at the horrid velcro patch job at the Christening. I can only think it was a leftover from her US tour where her wardrobe was definitely not a hit because basically all of her ensembles were fussy and she's not. The Christening ensemble merely underscores what happens when she goes off script, not even that gorgeous hat could save her.

I actually think the Duchess does well in general dressing in her situation.

Her job means that length, drape and overall look of her appearance dressing is a bit limited. Her body type presents challenges. She is also not a clothes horse and not influenced by fashion of the day. She seems to like loose-fitting, comfortable fits and fabrics.

One option would be coat dressing, but doing that would mimic the queen - and the comparison would be both inevitable and probably not favorable.

I like how the Duchess has found her sartorial niche. It might not be what I would wear personally, but it includes smart choices for her age and position. She has actually figured out a way to make loose pants acceptable for some appearances.

IMHO, she dresses a half step behind the royal family when doing her job. From a PR POV, that has succeeded both with public acceptance and with letting her be "comfortable and Camilla" in her work wear.

Last edited:
I like the first outfit (beige and gold): very chic...
And I also think big polka dots looks better on her than the small ones, who are better for younger women.

I like all the outfits. Camilla is one of the few who can pull polka-dots off.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I like Camilla's polkadot collection and I like the new dress too.

Camilla's polka dot week.

Monday July 13, 2015 The golden beige polka dot outfit.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/13/20/2A7F882C00000578-3159747-image-m-96_1436815332233.jpg

Tuesday July 14, 2015 The blue polka dot outfit. (sister of the golden beige)
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Prince+Wales+Duchess+I1b6hY9bnhll.jpg

Wednesday July 15, 2015 New polka dot dress
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Duchess+Cornwall+Visits+U036xYkYoK0l.jpg

You are right, this is very much polka-dot week. The first two ensembles are golden oldies, and have been around for the last 6-7 years at least.

Very lovely all the outfits and knows how to support them with the appropriate jewerly.

Last edited:
The only one I like is the new one. The other 2 - especially the gold one need to go far back in the closet.

Is the gold one and blue one the same style just a different colour very strange

So wearing the same outfit in two different colors is now "strange" ?
C'mon :whistling:

The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 8: May 2015 -

So wearing the same outfit in two different colors is now "strange" ?
C'mon :whistling:

Yes to me it is I wouldn't buy 2 dresses the same just different colours especially when they are dotted dresses C'mon really I'm starting to think there is a full moon tonight

Last edited:
Yes to me it is I wouldn't buy 2 dresses the same just different colours especially when they are dotted dresses C'mon really I'm starting to think there is a full moon tonight

She obviously liked the cut so she ordered another version in a different color. It happens in every wardrobe (not yours apparently).
Give her a break ...:whistling:

She obviously liked the cut so she ordered another version in a different color. It happens in every wardrobe (not yours apparently).
Give her a break ...:whistling:

And not in any other royal either. Some people do wear the same style of dress in different colours but that's usually called a uniform !! Well that's what we call it at our work place because we don't have a choice

And not in any other royal either. Some people do wear the same style of dress in different colours but that's usually called a uniform !! Well that's what we call it at our work place because we don't have a choice

The two outfits were acquired several years apart, the navy blue one was first. I don't see any problem in Camilla having the same dress and jacket in two colours, it all works very well for her.

Camilla doesn't have a figure that easily suits many styles so it make sense that she repeats a particular cut or fabric if she finds it works for her. It must also be difficult to hit the right note given the wide nature of her engagements - she's much more " hands on" than the Queen, often interacting with children/ animals, tasting all manner of food & drink & having a go at a range of activities. She seems to have found dresses that look smart without being too formal and generally what colours and patterns suit her. The polka dot dresses are a good example of this.

Camilla doesn't have a figure that easily suits many styles so it make sense that she repeats a particular cut or fabric if she finds it works for her. It must also be difficult to hit the right note given the wide nature of her engagements - she's much more " hands on" than the Queen, often interacting with children/ animals, tasting all manner of food & drink & having a go at a range of activities. She seems to have found dresses that look smart without being too formal and generally what colours and patterns suit her. The polka dot dresses are a good example of this.

I was thinking along the same lines. Camilla knows what works for her, so it makes sense to buy preferred/tested outfits in multiples. I do the same, especially, since something that's available now may not be available in six months/a year, and I'd rather not be in a situation where I'm out of clothing that I' comfortable with. I think that's very practical, and Camilla doesn't strike me as a clothes horse, who would shop for the heck of it.

I agree Elly and Daria, when finding something fits well, makes you feel good and is suitable for the occasion, why not buy more than one?

As Muriel has pointed out, Camilla got really lucky as the two ensembles were purchased years apart. She must have been tickled to be able to add to her wardrobe without a lot of fuss or bother.

I like that about Camilla. She dresses appropriately for each and every occasion, although some may quibble when she has had two consecutive engagements in the one day and her ensemble is not absolutely perfect for either but rather bridges the divide. This works well for her and, if the occasion arises that she has two widely divergent engagements, then she seems to manage a complete change with little fuss.

Camilla seems like a very practical and low maintenance kind of woman and I applaud her for her practicality.

She looked fine. They all looked nice on her. Better than when she wears something that makes her look dumpy or frumpy. The blue coat at the Christening did no justice to her. These are nice.

I thought Camilla looked great in the white butterfly dress and jacket in Cornwall today. This too, like the polka dotted dress and jacket combinations, works well for Camilla.

Home - ITNSource News

I love the butterfly dress.

The Butterfly ensemble is so surprising. Camilla looks so nice in it and it seems to be one of those rare outfits that doesn't have an inherent target age target. Is that a butterfly brooch I see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom