The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 7: June 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it! The hat rocks!
I would have to agree with you on that. We have been wallowing in a sea of fluff, fascinators, cloches, etc. for so long that when an honest-to-goodness Hat comes along, you really have to feel it. It is magnificent, and so too is the beautiful suit whe is wearing. That sort of Air Force blue look wonderful on her.

Please go to the Camilla's Jewels thread to see all drooling coverage of the jewellery of the day.

I would have to agree with you on that. We have been wallowing in a sea of fluff, fascinators, cloches, etc. for so long that when an honest-to-goodness Hat comes along, you really have to feel it. It is magnificent, and so too is the beautiful suit whe is wearing. That sort of Air Force blue look wonderful on her.

Please go to the Camilla's Jewels thread to see all drooling coverage of the jewellery of the day.

Well said. Camilla does know how to rock a "proper" hat.

I do enjoy a hat with a big brim. Also very useful to keep the sun off one's face and the wind off one's hair.

Impeccable outfit. The weather is still quite warm in the UK, so I think she has chosen wisely.

Impeccable outfit. The weather is still quite warm in the UK, so I think she has chosen wisely.

I agree completely. She looked outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yes. A great choice.

Elegant and understated choice. Very fitting for a funeral.

Every time I see this sleeve type, and no matter who is wearing it, but particularly if it is in black or white, all I think of is the song Holiday from Madonna's Blond Ambition tour. I mean no snark. It's a happy, happy dance tune and the memory always makes me smile.

For those of you under the age of 30 or so, here is the reference, John Paul Gautier did Madge's costumes: Madonna - Holiday [Blonde Ambition Tour] - YouTube

Home - ITNSource News

Very good to see Camilla visit HMS Astute. Is this coat what she has regularly worn in Scotland from the time of her honeymoon in 2005?

Same dress and jewels worn at the White House back in november 2005.

Same dress and jewels worn at the White House back in november 2005.

I think this is a particular favourite of Camilla's and has been used on many occasions.

I am sure she has some favorites that fit just right. This dress is quite flattering in both cut and color, so why not?

I am sure she has some favorites that fit just right. This dress is quite flattering in both cut and color, so why not?

I think comfort counts for her as well. I remember the odd picture that caught her wearing knee high hosiery. It's an old girl's trick for comfort and coolness.
You can tell she prefers a bit of ease in her garments. She has also figured out how to make that work for her. And finally - I think the Duchess has figured out where and how to wear trousers better than any other royal. Especially in warm climates where one must cover up, she does a great light, flowing trouser that may not be au courant but works very well, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somewhat better with the hat ...

She wore it with a blouse underneath.

I think the hat would like nicer without the bow.

At this point in the history of the Russian schoolteacher's dress (or whatever you care to call it), I think we have to bow to the DOC's tenacity, lack of care for the current thing, sense of self worth as separate from fashion reviews and general devil may care approach to updated fashion and say we cannot beat back this dress.

I love the addition of the hat. She will not quit wearing this dress. I am beaten. All I have to say at this point to Camilla is, "You go girl!" I will now celebrate the sheer bravado of Camilla as she wears this navy and white wonder that cannot be suppressed. :flowers::lol:;)

I actually like that dress. I think it suits her very well and I love the hat with it. A very smart outfit, I think, and just perfect for her role.

:previous: I couldn't agree more. And I loved the addition of the hat but then I am a sucker for millinery.

The hat definitely improves the look, but this dress will never be to my liking. Reminds me of my school uniform dress in USSR. Yuck.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Dashka, funny you said that, it's exactly what my daughter's russian skating coach said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom