The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 6: July 2013 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/495527905-camilla-duchess-of-cornwall-waits-for-her-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXhGcP%2baohdTstk7qUcdYo65no9MYWNbgb6Xtey2qO3tEv62dG4NQm2LYGiNrdmQQRQ%3d%3d

I agree, Camilla looked very regal at the State Opening of Parliament. More importantly, she looked very comfortable in her role there. Well done!

The Queen throws open doors of Buckingham Palace for garden party | Mail Online

At a BP garden party yesterday, Camilla reused the turquoise lace dress and silk coat combination from last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camilla looked alright. I liked tiara and hairstyle. The pattern on a bodice appeared odd. While I understand that the white dress is required in accordance with the protocol, the white colour does not flatter older women.

Camilla does indeed look regal.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app

I thought Camilla looked fabulous at the State Opening. I have to say I was never really a fan of that tiara before, but Camilla wears it so well, it's actually become a favourite of mine.

Camilla looked alright. I liked tiara and hairstyle. The pattern on a bodice appeared odd. While I understand that the white dress is required in accordance with the protocol, the white colour does not flatter older women.

Not just at Parliment. She wears the unflattering all white on many occasions.

The white (sometimes The Queen wears silver or gold) dresses that The Queen & Camilla wear to this grand event aren't usually fashionable but considered to be a uniform. Diana's white dresses worn for this event weren't always the best either.

The bust area in Camilla's gown is really awful! Great jewels though.

The white (sometimes The Queen wears silver or gold) dresses that The Queen & Camilla wear to this grand event aren't usually fashionable but considered to be a uniform. Diana's white dresses worn for this event weren't always the best either.

The traditional stems from the "presentation" that girls in the 18th century attended when they were presented at court to Queen Charlotte. Young girls - white dresses - powdered hair etc. Defined as "Court Dress"

This evolved eventually to the debutante "season" with the p[resentation at court which lasted until the late 1950's. The one piece of Edwardian court events the Queen did away with. But the "season" still remains.

The traditional stems from the "presentation" that girls in the 18th century attended when they were presented at court to Queen Charlotte. Young girls - white dresses - powdered hair etc. Defined as "Court Dress"

This evolved eventually to the debutante "season" with the p[resentation at court which lasted until the late 1950's. The one piece of Edwardian court events the Queen did away with. But the "season" still remains.

The modern interpretation of day time Court Dress varies from country to country. The Danes put up a good year at the New Year courts. Also, we saw a wide interpretation of the theme for the Dutch inauguration last year with the various gathered royals from around the world. In that case, Camilla chose to go with a very traditional dress, but in blue.

My sense is that the dress Camilla wore yesterday and the Bruce Oldfield one she wore last year to the State Opening of Parliament will form the basis of the "uniform" for these events.

D-Day veteran honours war dead as 70th anniversary celebrations begin | Mail Online

Nice pictures of Camilla in a grey coat and printed dress in Normandy today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think camilla looked really nice but I think she could have worn a hat for the importance of the occasion

I think camilla looked really nice but I think she could have worn a hat for the importance of the occasion

I suspect she will wear one tomorrow when the actual ceremonies take place. today she was just meeting veterans.

Camilla did look very nice in the grey coat. It's elegant, and suits her.

A lovely choice by the Duchess. She is looking very good of late.

Last edited:
The outfit at Bayeux church service was nice. It fit her perfectly.

Another super outfit for Camilla today, incredibly flattering.

She really is one of the best-dressed royal ladies around.

This outfit is a knockout! Perfect fit and great hat!

The ensemble is chic. I liked the hat. The ivory colour became Camilla much better than lily-white colour.

She looks lovely in these cream shades.

Very smart looking outfit and flattering. It fits well. Love the hat and her accessories are just right.

She looked amazing at the church service in the cream outfit. Love the hat.

A lovely choice by the Duchess. She is looking very good of late.

Doesn't she look great?? Even though she is still undoubtedly in mourning for her only brother she looks as elegant as I have ever seen her. I love that ivory coat and hat!

I've never seen her look better. Sometimes she wears such over-sized hats, but this one is perfect for her.

What a beautiful outfit; such large flamboyant hats really suit Camilla. I really like the intricate knot decoration on the hatband.

Last edited:
What a great look; elegant and classy. No complaints here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom