The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 6: July 2013 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her hair and makeup look really nice in these pictures. The coat is very good too. These types of coats that are tailored so very well suit her.

Agree. I think that this coat is very 'her'. IMO Camilla looked nice during her visit to Eastbourne.

Camilla and Sabina both look lovely. Navy suits Camilla well, and I like that shade of pink Sabina is wearing.

The ensemble is absolutely unflattering. The hat and the choker are fine. Mrs. Higgins' ensemble is marginally better.

Last edited:
The color suits Camila, but that's about it.

The Duchess of Cornwall was her usual charming self. Mrs Higgins made a faux-pas by offering a gloved hand for a handshake while Camilla did the right thing and offered a bare hand. I know that Queen Elizabeth has her own ideas about glove etiquette but in general a handshake is offered with a bare right hand. That is why we so often see royal ladies with one gloved hand, holding a glove. A general exception is made for long elbow gloves.

But this is just a detail. All participants looked great, President Higgins looked a bit eccentric but charming.

I agree that the outfit Camilla is wearing is a bit unflattering. It is also awfully dark and dreary for a Spring day.

She's a bit going on in years to be wearing her skirts above the knee . It's a great look on Katherine. Personally I think if one is over 60, that ship has sailed.

She's a bit going on in years to be wearing her skirts above the knee . It's a great look on Katherine. Personally I think if one is over 60, that ship has sailed.

I once worked with a woman who was among the original mini-skirt wearers in the '60s. When minis made one of their 'mini' comebacks, the woman wore one to work and said, "I'm glad I've still got the legs for mini-skirts." One of the teenagers in the office said, "It's not your legs, it's your (60-year-old) face."

Ouch! But true.

At the State Banquet for the Irish President tonight, Camilla is wearing the black and white Bruce Oldfield gown she wore to the Dutch inauguration dinner last year.

Yep mighty Bouch ... as usual.
As for the dress, it's not bad at all but as discussed last year, the sewing across the chest is a miss.

I agree that the outfit Camilla is wearing is a bit unflattering. It is also awfully dark and dreary for a Spring day.

I think the problem is, if she'd worn the jacket open, it would have looked far better. Sadly, w/it closed, it does look like all she needs to do is take a deep breath and *pop!!*. A shame.

You're absolutely correct on that count! I missed that..

Scooter,
The dress is not above the knee but at the knee. The coat is one and half inches longer so if the dress was any longer than the coat would be mid calf.

Camilla's dress is the same length as Mrs. Higgins.

It is a solemn occasion so bright colors would not have been appropriate.
Camilla almost always wears blue for these type of occasions and since the Queen had pale blue and Charles had medium blue, Camilla went with dark blue so she wouldn't match or clash with the other members of the RF.

Last edited:
Camilla's hair and makeup are very pretty at the formal event.

^ Yes. The knee cap is showing. Look how much longer the other two ladies are wearing their skirts.

The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 6: July 2013 -

Oh no! A knee is showing! Better lock her in the Tower until she learns to lower those hems. Seriously people are upset about this? It's not like she was wearing a mini skirt or she has horrible legs. There is nothing bad or undignified about the length of the skirt.

Fortunately a variety of hemlines are both in style and appropriate, these days.

Oh no! A knee is showing! Better lock her in the Tower until she learns to lower those hems. Seriously people are upset about this? It's not like she was wearing a mini skirt or she has horrible legs. There is nothing bad or undignified about the length of the skirt.

Unfortunately some people still think that there is something bad and undignified about the Duchess of Cornwall ...

Unfortunately some people still think that there is something bad and undignified about the Duchess of Cornwall ...

There are some sad people in this world.

:lol: Having read the comments about the length of Camilla's dress, I clicked on that image with more than a little trepidation, fearing that in a moment of mischief she had donned one of her old Mary Quant mini-dresses. Luckily this proved not to be the case, and the skirt turned out to end about half way down her knee, a fair bit shorter than her 87 year old mother-in-law, but only marginally shorter than Mrs Higgins.

Nice color on her. The black lace overlay is attractive. And an appropriate length!

Elegant, and the color is lovely.

She looks nice. There is nothing wrong with the dress. The length complaints are because her legs are not comely and she looks dumpy. Longer would have been better. The shawl is a waste.

Liked it the first time, like the second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom