The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 6: July 2013 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla should dress like Princess Alexandra of Kent

I think Camilla should dress like Princess Alexandra of Kent.

Her evening gowns:
The lace should come down to touch the hip and not just on the bosoms or halfway up the bosoms.

Here is Alexandra in a lovely purple number. Although I am not a fan of the lace on this dress, the construction of the dress is perfect including the collar.
Royal Wedding - Pre-Wedding Dinner - Pictures - Zimbio

VS Camilla's
The lace on this dress is nice but it should have continued past the waist and the skirt of the dress should have flowed like the above example of PA.
Camilla Parker Bowles Pictures - The State Opening of Parliament in London 3 - Zimbio

An improvement over the Parliament dress but the lace need to be longer and the collar need to cover more of her shoulders and the sleeves should also be longer.
Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles Visit Sri Lanka: Day 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

Her evening gowns:
The lace should come down to touch the hip and not just on the bosoms or halfway up the bosoms.

Here is Alexandra in a lovely purple number. Although I am not a fan of the lace on this dress, the construction of the dress is perfect including the collar.

VS Camilla's
The lace on this dress is nice but it should have continued past the waist and the skirt of the dress should have flowed like the above example of PA.
Camilla Parker Bowles Pictures - The State Opening of Parliament in London 3 - Zimbio

An improvement over the Parliament dress but the lace need to be longer and the collar need to cover more of her shoulders and the sleeves should also be longer.
Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles Visit Sri Lanka: Day 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

I'm afraid I have to disagree. I thought both the Oldfield gown's that Camilla wore looked lovely on her. On the other hand, IMO, Alexandra's gown was quite frumpy.

And Alexandra is slimmer than Camilla, maybe colour choice will suit her.

Yes, Camilla is a not a tall woman and I think the dresses with just half the bodice covered horizontally in lace elongates the design to make her look taller.

:previous:
Duchess of Cornwall's suit is nice and appears to be well-tailored. I wonder how many variations of the same headpiece/hat she has got in her wardrobe.
... [snipped]
... [snipped]
It is better not to compare a member of the glamorous Kent clan with the current wife of Prince Charles.

Last edited:
Thumbs down. The dress is horrible, along with the embellishments. And what's with the same choker over and over again? :eek:

Love the hat. Love the glitter belt, looked like stars in the night sky. Only miss was The hand bag.

Not a bad look at all. I like the glittery bits and the hat.

I think this is the best she's ever looked- really nice.

From frumpy to stylish , and vice versa, in just a few days.
That's the Camilla we love ...

From frumpy to stylish , and vice versa, in just a few days.
That's the Camilla we love ...

You are right, there are different facets to each of us, and I guess, for Camilla, they get reflected in her choice of attire.

He is the one to 'blame' for Camilla's bold designs. Her suits use to be plain w/o all the embellishments, pockets and pleats.

She needs classic designs and classic styles, not plunging necklines and glitter.

Her suits from the 80s & 90s and early 2000s were styled better than the current crop.

Are we talking about the same outfits ? Bruce Oldfield made dresses precisely without plunging neclines and far more structured than the outfits made by Valentine.

I think both Oldfield and Valentine took Camilla away from her 'natural' style.

I think the longer they are with her the more they 'experiment'. Rather than enhance her shape with suits with longer jackets, they create patterns and pleats with large pockets on the hips. This make her look wider rather than thinner.

Also, didn't like the suit she wore for the David Frost memorial and the stockings should have been black.

I do love Camillas blue Oldfield gown.

Camilla's clothes always look like they are made from bits & pieces of material.

I am wondering if she is recycling her mother's clothes.

Classy ! Simple and elegant.

Camilla looks fantastic. The coat suits her well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom